02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]
2,613 Replies 277,675 Views edited 4 weeks ago

I've been getting this on NBA 2K14 since this evening. 

The game is completely unplayable. I know it's happened with other games for people and it happened to me on Battlefield yesterday but seems to be working okay today.

Still, if games are going to become unplayable, what is the point of owning a games console?

Latest update from Online Support 

The error ce-34878-0 means an application has crashed so you will see it from time to time. 

If you are are getting this error regularly, to the point where its making games unplayable then this indicates its not a normal crash and something is wrong. 

If this is the case please follow the below troubleshooting steps:

If you are experiencing this ce-34878-0 error code, please close the application and then install the latest system software and game patch.

You can also try deleting and reinstalling the game or application that's affected. 

If the error occurs again, initialise the PS4 system after back-up of the save data and please also submit any crash reports after re-booting your console when the error occurs.

If the troubleshooting does not prevent the frequent crashing then your console is likely in need of service. If this is the case please click here to run through some troubleshooting and arrange for a replacement console if required.

LABELS: My System
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

copper78

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
copper78
Accepted Solution
I haven't had the error for two days now. Got it twice within a few hours monday night & nothing since.

Definitely looking more like PSN related to me.

Interested to know if anyone has had this error with a PS4 which was/is never connected to PSN?
0 Kudos

Re: ce-34878-0 Error

/16

arc1123

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
arc1123
Accepted Solution
Just a thought. To those who experienced this error, could you try to disable the network, and see if the error pops up again?
0 Kudos

/16

Orcvader

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Orcvader
Accepted Solution
Re: ce-34878-0 Error [ New ]
Options
on ‎23-01-2014 12:46 AM

Just a thought. To those who experienced this error, could you try to disable the network, and see if the error pops up again?
--------------------

Still occurs.
0 Kudos

/16

GARDNERisGOD

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GARDNERisGOD
Accepted Solution

Got this error on day 1 playing b4 at the end of the first level, figured hey its day 1 ill play something else, theyll figure it out. well 2 months later I go back to b4 (have damn near 100% ac4 and did 100% lego marvel and dabbled in kz w/o any hint of the error code) and i cant even start the game. If i have to listen to that damn song again i swear to jesus. I finally gave up on b4 and put in need for speed...make it just far enough to select cop/racer for the tutorial stuff and the code pops up again. Im bought ready to just get rid of this thing and go back to the damn xbox.

0 Kudos

/16

arc1123

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
arc1123
Accepted Solution
I just noticed that first page of this thread says "Solved! Go to Solution"

Bizzaro
0 Kudos

MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
98%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution

arc1123 wrote:
I just noticed that first page of this thread says "Solved! Go to Solution"

Bizzaro

think thats just to highlight a potential workaround for now, @LordRoss' post is kinda there to show that Sony are aware theres a problem :).

as other have said, the code looks very much like just a common error code that might cover lots of different things, so might not have one solution.

looking back through my error history, seems i got it on day 1 after updating the console and doing nothing else xD, but didnt pop up again until this week.

0 Kudos

KZAM!
/16

salwanmax

54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
salwanmax
Accepted Solution

my save game Gone is no longer  What this problem And Sony did not give a definite solution Tried all ways At first it succeeded the problem returned again  i go to pay xbox on :smileyfrustrated:

0 Kudos

/16

Shad1

32%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Shad1
Accepted Solution
Ya its got to be something wrong with video card because my bf4 played today only after deleting everything on my system just put bf4 only in and downloaded no other games. But once the game started I got a lot of glitches in the load up screen and error came up after game got started but when I turned down the resolution to 480 I got to play til I shot out the window and long behold there goes the error code again. My system is also getting hotter then my brother's after only a short period of game ply (1hr or less).

But the clutching lead me to believe it could the video card and not only that but as soon as the game graphics really came to use the error code came back and I also finally got the code saying my saved data been corrupted but that was on the games main menu screen.

This needs to be fixed one of the reasons I bought the ps4 is to play with family and friends on games I bought not to only watch there progress in bf4.
0 Kudos

/16

bring-the-rukus

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bring-the-rukus
Accepted Solution
If this is a sotware issue , could I be right I thinking this has something to do with Micro$oft ! Maybe hacking sony's OS??

Just my suspicious mind speaking out loud!

Wouldnt run it past MS for a second!
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,  

The error code ce-34878-0 indicates an application crash. We are still investigating the reasons behind the frequency and inconsistency in occurrences for some users.

In the mean time please follow the suggestions posted by LordRoss which I have detailed below.

If you are experiencing this ce-34878-0 error code, please close the application and then install the latest system software and game patch.

If the error occurs again, initialise the PS4 system after back-up of the save data and please also submit any crash reports after re-booting your console when the error occurs.

We will be monitoring this thread and any crash reports you send. 

Thanks,

SFZ

0 Kudos

/16

JediRabbit

98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JediRabbit
Accepted Solution

I had a tweet from you today Superfastzombie about this code problem.

My case is its only happened about 10 times in a month, the crash and code is just random i have no idea where it will happen (its happens on BF4 either playing games or looking at battlelog and its happened whilst playing Fifa doing the skills mode, but i have gone back to those situations to try and get the error code to see if that was the cause, but i do it again and nothing happens.. NO error code)

This just leaves me as a parnoid wreak with my PS4 console, shell i or shell i not risk getting a crash, or just leave the console turned off waiting for a update from Sony about the situation.

I think my case has the problem lightly compaired to others on here so i dredd what they are going through. Its not nice knowing that it could be £380 down the drain.. and it will be soon cause the longer it takes Sony to figure out why this problem is happening the less time i have to return console to shop for being faulty.. Which leads me to my next question...

Is my console faulty or a bug problem that can be patched out??

i have 5 workmates with ps4's me and another guy has had this code, and the other 3 are fine and we all play the same games inc BF4. which to me makes me think it could be a console problem?

0 Kudos

/16

FreshKid326

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FreshKid326
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

BlackFoX_V

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackFoX_V
Accepted Solution
Yes bro take it back to the store you bought it. I went mine back as DOA, and i am waiting for a new ps4 in a couple of days. You paid your money demand a new one. I also bought for about 49 euros an extra 4 year guarantee.
0 Kudos

/16

Kadmar

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kadmar
Accepted Solution

SuperFastZombie wrote:

Hi guys,  

The error code ce-34878-0 indicates an application crash. We are still investigating the reasons behind the frequency and inconsistency in occurrences for some users.

In the mean time please follow the suggestions posted by LordRoss which I have detailed below.

We will be monitoring this thread and any crash reports you send. 

Thanks,

SFZ

This is not a working solution. If you back up a corrupted save data, reinstall the game and download that corrupted save, the game won't load and will crash.

Please refer to my solution that is working 100% as a temporary measure to avoid losing all your progress until Sony finds a solution.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/PS4-multiplayer-games-crash-under-CE-34...

0 Kudos

/16

DrAndyNolan

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DrAndyNolan
Accepted Solution

I have been reporting the problem each time it comes up, i have also checked my software and it saying that it is up to date.

I hope we will be receiving re embersment for the inconvenience this is causing s we pay to use the functions!!

I do hope this issue is resolved soon as i have to say i turned down the xbox one for the ps4 and so far i am dissappointed!

0 Kudos

/16

Mully333

39%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mully333
Accepted Solution
Superfastzombie thanks for the update but where does that leave us? I have tried all the suggestions by your customer service team with no positive results, subsequently I have a ps4 that I can't really use. £350 is a lot of money for a pretty unattractive ornament.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

grOOby_666

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
grOOby_666
Accepted Solution

So if it is now clear that CE-34878-0 simply means 'application crashed' (for unknown reason) there is no chance for a quick, universal fix as there are probably dozens different reasons why this is happening. I'd encourage all users who experience the error to submit the report with as much descripction as possible, that would give Sony a chance to explore all possibilites (as long as they read them)

How many times in recent weeks DICE have released patches that were suppposed to prevent BF4 from crashing, and what - the game is still unreliable. I can't see this being sorted out quickly then

0 Kudos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
/16

Charliem34

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Charliem34
Accepted Solution

I have returned my unplayable PS4 due to error code ce-34878-0 and received a full refund from Game. Then spoke to psn regarding a refund due to the fact that I no longer own a PS console. Their reply was there is nothing wrong with your psn account tough. After many years of Sony loyalty I am very disappointed and have decided to never use Sony products again.

0 Kudos

/16

jumpmantwo_3

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jumpmantwo_3
Accepted Solution
I will give it a few more days. Then I will get rid of it and buy an xbox. This is dumb. This is the 4th console so they should be experienced with these type of errors. I have over $500 worth of stuff just sitting collecting dust.
0 Kudos

/16

JediRabbit

98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JediRabbit
Accepted Solution

might join you on that, ill wait till mid feb if nothing (lets face its its almost 2 months and they still have no idea whats causing the error) just in time for titanfall.

0 Kudos

/16

pickaxe

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pickaxe
Accepted Solution
I was getting this error code a few days after getting my console on cod when I started it up my saves wouldnt work on battlefield had to upload to the cloud then redownload everytime I started playing it had no problems with fifa or killzone and knack.I recently upgraded to a 1tb hard drive and then downloaded software onto a usb stick that was two weeks ago no problems so far touch wood.I will write back on here if I get the same problems
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel