02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]
2,771 Replies 455,579 Views edited 13-04-2016
04 Dec 2013
By MikeBgsw

I've been getting this on NBA 2K14 since this evening. 

The game is completely unplayable. I know it's happened with other games for people and it happened to me on Battlefield yesterday but seems to be working okay today.

Still, if games are going to become unplayable, what is the point of owning a games console?

LABELS: My System
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

KingGobbo

• Online Support
KingGobbo
Accepted Solution

The error ce-34878-0 means an application has crashed so you will see it from time to time. 

If you are are getting this error regularly, to the point where its making games unplayable then this indicates its not a normal crash and something is wrong. 

If this is the case please follow the below troubleshooting steps:

If you are experiencing this ce-34878-0 error code, please close the application and then install the latest system software and game patch.

You can also try deleting and reinstalling the game or application that's affected. 

If the error occurs again, initialise the PS4 system after back-up of the save data and please also submit any crash reports after re-booting your console when the error occurs.

If the troubleshooting does not prevent the frequent crashing then your console is likely in need of service. If this is the case please click here to run through some troubleshooting and arrange for a replacement console if required.

You can also tweet Ask PlayStation UK for direct help Monday to Sunday, 9:00am to 11:00pm if you need any more direct assistance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cained-unable

80%
02 Rank
Progress
cained-unable
Accepted Solution

Well sony? we're waiting.....

0 Kudos

Re: ce-34878-0 Error

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dilwilkil

21%
02 Rank
Progress
dilwilkil
Accepted Solution
my KNACK saves got corrupted..first gameplay and almost beat the game and thi is happening..
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Shangaborg

39%
02 Rank
Progress
Shangaborg
Accepted Solution

I get the error in NBA2K14 right after I sink my first bucket in the Rising Stars game in MYCAREER.

I'm frustrated to no end and like others, have spent about $40 on VC.

I have nothing helpful to say. I'm just posting to help get this thread bigger in an attempt get Sony's attention and get a fix for all of us.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FreshKid326

46%
02 Rank
Progress
FreshKid326
Accepted Solution

@Shangaborg dude, literally the EXACT same place for me. tried ALL the recommended fixes.  spoke with a few NASTY playstation employees yesterday who informed me it was 2kSports problem - not theirs - and that i should reach out to them.  passing the buck!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,

There is no additional information at this time so please refer to my previous post

As soon as I have an update I will let you know.

Thanks,

SFZ

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Zack_Sparda

76%
02 Rank
Progress
Zack_Sparda
Accepted Solution
That's all well and good, but initializing the PS4 just straight up doesn't work. Is there an ETA for this? Should I be calling support to have my console replaced? Because quite frankly this is inexcusable. Why should I go out and buy anymore PS4 Games when this could happen to any new title I buy making it useless? None of these fixes work, hell the games won't even work if I play them offline.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

spy-Fr

69%
02 Rank
Progress
spy-Fr
Accepted Solution
I did initialize but i still get this error....are you serius?????

Listen sony...take back all the consoles and when you are ready...you can start sell again ok?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gazzaho

97%
05 Rank
Progress
Gazzaho
Accepted Solution
There seems to be a lot of seriously annoyed owners here, and a lot seem to be first time PS owners. To the Sony people reading these pages that should be a wake up call, first time customers who experience problems tend to jump ship quickly and have long memories.

Some form of official statement would appear to be well overdue. It may be a hard nut to crack but your company designed the console and you have the resources to rectify it, Having to follow the advice of an owner to temporarily deal with the problem would be laughable if some players weren't having such serious issues.

The post SFZ made a few pages back is neither helpful nor informative, I mean "as soon as I have an update I'll let you know" really? I've no idea how serious this will be for me, I've just played two games on the machine and got the error once, I don't want to find in three or four months time after buying a few more games as they become available that my machine is unusable as a result of this error.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Shangaborg

39%
02 Rank
Progress
Shangaborg
Accepted Solution
Yep, how frustrating is it?!

I've also tried all the fixes mentioned in multiple threads. Whammy.

Am at the point where I won't buy any more games in fear of it happening there too at some point.

If you end up getting a fix, let me know brother.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Scuffy_P

97%
02 Rank
Progress
Scuffy_P
Accepted Solution

Received Tomb Raider (Definitive) on Tuesday, downloaded all the updates etc, and began playing.

After 20-25hrs (give or take), reaching 94% and very near the end if memeory serves...I get the fricking ce-34878-0 error code and it's corrupted my save file.

Phoned up Sony, and was informed by a quite agressive and narky bloke that it was not their problem and I should phone Square Enix. Not unusual responce from SCEE Customer Services in my experience.

There is no chance in Hell I'm going to restart Tomb Raider, so tomorrow when it's officially on sale I'm going to trade it in for something on my XBOX One.

For all it's isues, the my XBO has run perfectly. Something I can't say about the PS4.

Sony...you've SERIOUSLY screwed up, and I'm sick of it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

shon79

21%
02 Rank
Progress
shon79
Accepted Solution
On Tomb Raider Definitive Edition I went through the steps that Sony gave to resolve this issue and nothing has worked. Same thing happened on BF4. Will let me start a new game but I was 70% through the story... I'm not starting over.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AhiruSamaBR

42%
02 Rank
Progress
AhiruSamaBR
Accepted Solution

I don't understand... Super Fast Zombie could at least talk with us more often. Give us statistics, numbers... Are all the consoles susceptibles to this error? Should we swap our ps4 with a brand new one? Should we disable auto upload features? What should we do? Just wait for Sony to make something, while our console gets more and more dust? Ridiculous...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kadmar

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Kadmar
Accepted Solution

PLEASE READ ENTIRELY

The reason why your multiplayer games crash under CE-34878-0 error code.

Your save and profile file on the PS+ cloud and on your system are corrupted.

The game must have crashed while autosaving. It is like turning off the PS4 while autosaving and that is deadly for the save file and profile file. Then you must have had the auto-upload "on" in your online storage settings and this automatically uploaded the corrupted files in the cloud.

There is only one solution.

1/ You have to erase all save and profile files in the system and on the PS+ cloud for that particular game.

2/ Disable the auto-upload in online storage.
3/ Restart the game from scratch.

4/ Upload your save and profile file in the PS+ cloud manually after each game session AFTER YOU HAVE VERIFIED that it is not corrupted.

5/ Only then, when a crash occurs again and corrupt your file, simply download the healthy save and profile from the cloud that you have previously uploaded manually.

The crash that corrupted your files was coming from the GPU whose driver is unstable after continuous hours of gaming (fan is usually screaming or your PS4 is not enough in open air).
The crash coming at the launch of the game is coming from your corrupted save file.
Two different crashes under one generic error code.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BuboBriff

60%
02 Rank
Progress
BuboBriff
Accepted Solution
Kadmar, you're making statements, as if others should take them as fact, that I'm really rather certain you have no qualification or credentials to make.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kadmar

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Kadmar
Accepted Solution

@ Bubobriff

I am just a stupid loser wasting my time trying to help you guys with that issue. I have no credential and no skills.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BuboBriff

60%
02 Rank
Progress
BuboBriff
Accepted Solution
@ Kadmar - don't be silly - I wasn't trying to have a go at you, I am similarly not qualified to make statements as if they are fact. Let's hope Sony get back to us ASAP with a definitive solution.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GrandTheftAli

80%
02 Rank
Progress
GrandTheftAli
Accepted Solution

@Kadmar in your tomb raider topic, you are saying its caused by"GPU whose driver is unstable" and on this "our save and profile file on the PS+ cloud and on your system are corrupted".

So which is it? :Stupid:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kadmar

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Kadmar
Accepted Solution

GrandTheftAli wrote:

Kadmar in your tomb raider topic, you are saying its caused by"GPU whose driver is unstable" and on this "our save and profile file on the PS+ cloud and on your system are corrupted".

So which is it? :Stupid:

The error code CE-34878-0 is a generic code that is used for many different crashes. It just means the application crashed but that crash can be caused by different sources.

For Tomb raider go here:
US support forum and look for the following topic

community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/TOMB-RAIDER-PS4-Error-CE-34878-0-Fix-Prevention/m-p/42845245

For multiplayer games it is a different problem (although a litte bit similar) go to the US support forum and look for following topic

community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/PS4-multiplayer-games-crash-under-CE-34878-0/m-p/42844877

Hope that it becomes clear.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

grOOby_666

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
grOOby_666
Accepted Solution

Kadmar wrote:
(...)

4/ Upload your save and profile file in the PS+ cloud manually after each game session AFTER YOU HAVE VERIFIED that it is not corrupted.

(...)

The crash that corrupted your files was coming from the GPU whose driver is unstable after continuous hours of gaming (fan is usually screaming or your PS4 is not enough in open air).
The crash coming at the launch of the game is coming from your corrupted save file.

Let me see if I get this right.

Technically, once I have verified save file that is not corrupted after finishing the session and uploaded it to cloud manually, I won't experience crash coming from corrupted save file. And as long I won't be playing for too long I won't experience crash coming from GPU. Is that what you're trying to say?

Upload manually + don't play too long... ekhm.... Can anyone back this one up?

0 Kudos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kadmar

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Kadmar
Accepted Solution

grOOby_666 wrote:

Kadmar wrote:
(...)

(...)

Let me see if I get this right.

Technically, once I have verified save file that is not corrupted after finishing the session and uploaded it to cloud manually, I won't experience crash coming from corrupted save file. And as long I won't be playing for too long I won't experience crash coming from GPU. Is that what you're trying to say?

Upload manually + don't play too long... ekhm.... Can anyone back this one up?

No That is not what I am saying.
What I am saying is that if the game corrupts your save again, you will have at least a back up that is healthy on the PS+ cloud that you can download to overwrite the corrupted save on your system. You will lose any progress between that save on the cloud and the moment of the crash but you will not lose all your progress.

If you have the auto-upload activatedand the game corrupts your save in your system and then that save is uploaded on the cloud, you will have no healthy back-up.

Yes the console do crash if you play too long in a game that is loaded with huge graphics and plenty of calculation.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kadmar

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Kadmar
Accepted Solution

The crash that occurs from playing the game was coming from the PS4 GPU whose driver is unstable after continuous hours of gaming (fan is usually screaming or your PS4 is not enough in open air). Let's call it "Crash A"

The crash coming at the launch of the game when you press continue and select the corrupted save slot is coming from your corrupted save file. Let's call it "Crash B". "Crash B" the worst of all crashes in this game because it prevents you from continuing your progress.

"Crash B" is the result of "Crash A" when "Crash A" occurs during an auto-save. You know you MUST NOT turn off the console while the game is auto-saving otherwise your save is corrupted. Well when "Crash A" occurs during an auto-save, it is exactly like turning off the console during an auto-save. It destroys your save. And Tomb raider is auto-saving almost constantly.

Two different crashes under one same generic error code CE-34878-0

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel