02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]
2,736 Replies 400,160 Views edited 13-04-2016
04 Dec 2013
By MikeBgsw

I've been getting this on NBA 2K14 since this evening. 

The game is completely unplayable. I know it's happened with other games for people and it happened to me on Battlefield yesterday but seems to be working okay today.

Still, if games are going to become unplayable, what is the point of owning a games console?

LABELS: My System
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

KingGobbo

• Online Support
KingGobbo
Accepted Solution

The error ce-34878-0 means an application has crashed so you will see it from time to time. 

If you are are getting this error regularly, to the point where its making games unplayable then this indicates its not a normal crash and something is wrong. 

If this is the case please follow the below troubleshooting steps:

If you are experiencing this ce-34878-0 error code, please close the application and then install the latest system software and game patch.

You can also try deleting and reinstalling the game or application that's affected. 

If the error occurs again, initialise the PS4 system after back-up of the save data and please also submit any crash reports after re-booting your console when the error occurs.

If the troubleshooting does not prevent the frequent crashing then your console is likely in need of service. If this is the case please click here to run through some troubleshooting and arrange for a replacement console if required.

You can also tweet Ask PlayStation UK for direct help Monday to Sunday, 9:00am to 11:00pm if you need any more direct assistance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
60%
02 Rank
Progress
xXI_OLDSKOOL_IXx
Accepted Solution

I've been an owner of the PS4 since release day, and having read pretty much all of the comments made here in this thread, and read other reports from various sources.

There seems to be four common problems that are causing this error message:

• Firmware / OS - This seems to be the most common cause, people have changed machines up to 4 times over in some cases and are still getting the same issue, 1.52 was released to improve stability, but it seems to need more work ironing out the bugs:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/31201-ps4-error-ce-34878-0/

The moderator Wade has also commented in another thread it's being caused by a PS4 OS issue, they just don't know what, only Sony does, so please Mark Cerny / Shinei Yoshida, get onto this ASAP and start coming up with a solution.

* Hard Drive - I've read people who have upgraded from the stock drive (http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/Z5K500) to a new one of their choosing, and are still experiencing the same issue, so I think it is highly unlikely that all the errors being reported are being caused by faulty hard drives because if it is indeed a faulty hard drive the most likely thing will happen is the system will not boot up at all as is the case on a PC.

* GPU Driver / Hardware Failure - Having read Kadmar's recent comments, I think he has some vaildation to this, for me I've experienced 6 crashes on BF4 with no warning and everytime there is a lot of action happening on screen, the other two were trying to access Battlelog and changing my loadout, causing the error to occur, again no warning.

However he has stated that this is happening once the machine has been on for a continuous amount of time, this seems to be a bit flawed as in my case this seems to be happening within 1 -1.5 hours of usage, mostly within the first 20- 30 minutes, then all is fine for 2 hours after that.

I've also tryed Warframe and that seems to be suffering from frame rate issues, so could this be fixed with a firmware update or is it indeed a more underlying issue with the AMD GPU/CPU SOC?, only AMD and Sony know at this time, I hope it can be patched as I've been down the road of faulty hardware with the 360 and the dreaded RROD.

* PSN / Network Sync - Some people have stated that once the system has been disconnected from PSN, the problems seem to go away, however there are others who have done this and the issue is still there.

PSN was recently taken down for maintainence, this been twice now since the launch of the PS4, and the issues are still happening daily, so that doesn't seem to have had any effect.

Kadmar has also commented regarding the auto download / upload feature, again in the case of BF4(mulitplayer), there is no data being saved in the cloud, I've checked everytime, most recently yesterday after having this error issue once again, and there was nothing stored, only locally, the data seems to come from EA's servers, so I think this data being stored to the cloud is only for the campaign.

My friend tryed as suggested and he is still getting a corrupted save file everytime, even storing locally as well, EA/DICE are the ones to blame for this for poor workmanship, BF4 is still broken to this very day on multiple platforms.

0 Kudos

Re: ce-34878-0 Error

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lsanders88

21%
02 Rank
Progress
lsanders88
Accepted Solution

tired of this constant *****, im gonna fold while i still can and get an xbox

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jumpmantwo_3

44%
02 Rank
Progress
jumpmantwo_3
Accepted Solution
Sony................YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Felicity1188

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Felicity1188
Accepted Solution

ce-34878-0 strikes again.

This time, in the middle of downloading progress. -.-

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cained-unable

80%
02 Rank
Progress
cained-unable
Accepted Solution

We're still waiting Sony?...   Mods?...   Suit & tie crew?...  anyone?...  is this thing on?  'tap-tap-tap'

Out of curiosity don't you're hands go numb when you've been sat on them for this long?

Perhaps that's why the closest we've come to an official acknowledgement of this problem has been the odd mumbling on twitter etc or the forwarded responses from various gaming magazines who have contacted you direct?

Think I'll be contacting you direct myself next week - for a refund.

- 1x (not fit for purpose) console.

- 1x (therefore) pointless subscription to ps+.

- 1x (unplayable) download of A.C Black Flag.

Teething problems are teething problems - but I find you're companies lack of communication unacceptable.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Felicity1188

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Felicity1188
Accepted Solution

i also got this crappy error at boot up my console!!!

20 Minutes ago, i sent mine back to Amazon for a refund. Now i will buy a Xbox One ....Microsofts support and communication is far better than sonys -.-

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kadmar

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Kadmar
Accepted Solution

Felicity1188 wrote:
Now i will buy a Xbox One ....Microsofts support and communication is far better than sonys -.-

Yeah, go buy the Xbone

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Problems

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xPwGz

22%
02 Rank
Progress
xPwGz
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,

When we installed last update, we played any game the problem occurred in the following application (CE-34878-0)  

Can you sent to me steps how to solve this problem, please ?

When will you download next update available in PS4 ?

0 Kudos

ce-34878-0

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Felicity1188

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Felicity1188
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Betreff: ce-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AhiruSamaBR

42%
02 Rank
Progress
AhiruSamaBR
Accepted Solution
Replace your ps4... I friend of mine did it, and no problems by now.
0 Kudos

Re: ce-34878-0

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Supernova-Storm

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Supernova-Storm
Accepted Solution
Think Sony needs to hurry up now and speak! They are gonna lose alot of customers here either getting a refund and getting xbox one or losing out right on new customers who havr seen this error before buying!

Think its getting very poor now the lack of communication and support. . .
I haven't had the error more then once so I'm at this minute trying to get through to sony for everyone on here including myself cos lets face it I too cud be hit in the future . . And I too wont be giving sony the pleasure of swapping mine over! I will be getting xbox !
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Fairbro180

38%
02 Rank
Progress
Fairbro180
Accepted Solution
https://www.psu.com/a022120/42-million-PS4-consoles-sold-to-date-worldwide

This is why Sony doesn't care. The priority is 1 billion pounds worth of global sales first. They might worry about whether it works or not after that. Utterly shameless.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Yapanize2

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Yapanize2
Accepted Solution

no have solution? i have played 25 hours on Tomb Raider definitive editon and error ce-34878-0 .-.

nex- gen 400 euro and have this problem? really? sony kidding me?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kadmar

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Kadmar
Accepted Solution

Yapanize2 wrote:

no have solution? i have played 25 hours on Tomb Raider definitive editon and error ce-34878-0 .-.

nex- gen 400 euro and have this problem? really? sony kidding me?

For Tomb Raider, you should complain to Crystal Dynamics because the crashes in this game are on the developer's hands. Tomb Raider has been rushed and is full of bugs and crashes.

Here is how you can avoid losing all your progress in this game.

Tomb Raider Fix and prevention

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Yapanize2

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Yapanize2
Accepted Solution

Ty now again play at tomb raider and save on 3 slot hope no have a error uff :(

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kadmar

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Kadmar
Accepted Solution

Yapanize2 wrote:

Ty now again play at tomb raider and save on 3 slot hope no have a error uff :(

You WILL have the error again because that game is terribly programmed. But at least, if the error destroys your save (on shipwreck beach it will happen believe me), you will have a backup in the 2 other slots and you won't lose all your progress.

Good luck.

Oh and very important!!!

Try to complete all maps 100% before reaching the survivor's camp at shipwreck beach. And then when you are at Shipwreck beach and bunker complete everything 100%. Because if you didn't and you fast travel somewhere else and then try to fast travel back to shipwreck beach, the game will crash and you will not be able to complete it 100% (common bug and crash that almost all tomb raider players have had, very bad programming). Trust me on this one!....

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

O_Retificador

21%
02 Rank
Progress
O_Retificador
Accepted Solution

Sony sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Bugfix for error ce-34878-0, no answers, nothing!

Don´t buy this PS4 *****!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

shanklyfagan

33%
02 Rank
Progress
shanklyfagan
Accepted Solution
Sony tech support and customer service have been hopeless. I've been in contact with them and discussed the save file corruption error and after an hour of dialogue and resets they denied it was a problem with the console and told me to contact the developer. I contacted the developer and was sent back to Sony, who are clearly at fault.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jumpmantwo_3

44%
02 Rank
Progress
jumpmantwo_3
Accepted Solution
New patch for NBA 2k14 is working good for me so far. It always crashed during the rising stars contest. Now I am able to play through it. Hopefully nothing else happens!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Supernova-Storm

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Supernova-Storm
Accepted Solution
Could this be just new games for a new gen of console crashing because devs are still getting used to the hardware etc? Far fetched maybe as every games seems to be effected . . .just a thought? New patch to NBA sounds promising and also could mean alot of ppl owe sony a little apology :/
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jumpmantwo_3

44%
02 Rank
Progress
jumpmantwo_3
Accepted Solution
Was able to get through the entire rising stars game without interruption. I think this may have worked! At least for 2k14
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel