02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]
2,737 Replies 402,304 Views edited 13-04-2016
04 Dec 2013
By MikeBgsw

I've been getting this on NBA 2K14 since this evening. 

The game is completely unplayable. I know it's happened with other games for people and it happened to me on Battlefield yesterday but seems to be working okay today.

Still, if games are going to become unplayable, what is the point of owning a games console?

LABELS: My System
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

KingGobbo

• Online Support
KingGobbo
Accepted Solution

The error ce-34878-0 means an application has crashed so you will see it from time to time. 

If you are are getting this error regularly, to the point where its making games unplayable then this indicates its not a normal crash and something is wrong. 

If this is the case please follow the below troubleshooting steps:

If you are experiencing this ce-34878-0 error code, please close the application and then install the latest system software and game patch.

You can also try deleting and reinstalling the game or application that's affected. 

If the error occurs again, initialise the PS4 system after back-up of the save data and please also submit any crash reports after re-booting your console when the error occurs.

If the troubleshooting does not prevent the frequent crashing then your console is likely in need of service. If this is the case please click here to run through some troubleshooting and arrange for a replacement console if required.

You can also tweet Ask PlayStation UK for direct help Monday to Sunday, 9:00am to 11:00pm if you need any more direct assistance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

proghps

34%
02 Rank
Progress
proghps
Accepted Solution
Solution: After 20 hours of try and research, found a way to solve this problem. Atleast it worked for me (tried all format to safe mode, deleting save, digital to physical copy game, usb etc..) ı changed my PSN password and now it works (3 hours no problem). I can save fifa, play battlefield and injustice no problem now. I hope ıt helps you too.
0 Kudos

Re: ce-34878-0 Error

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gazzaho

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Gazzaho
Accepted Solution
@ proghps, you mention your PSN password, when I got the PS4 I couldn't get it to recognise my PSN password from my PS3 account, it just wouldn't accept it so I had to changed it. The thing is I've only got the error once so far, touch wood, but that was after the change , not before.

I believe it is something to do with PSN in someway, perhaps data going to and from the servers during gameplay or app use is being corrupted but I'm no expert. It would be interesting to know if this has worked for others though. It would be also be interesting to know if anyone who has never connected their PS4 to the internet is getting this error.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tahitianwarrior

81%
04 Rank
Progress
tahitianwarrior
Accepted Solution

proghps a écrit :
Solution: After 20 hours of try and research, found a way to solve this problem. Atleast it worked for me (tried all format to safe mode, deleting save, digital to physical copy game, usb etc..) ı changed my PSN password and now it works (3 hours no problem). I can save fifa, play battlefield and injustice no problem now. I hope ıt helps you too.

I will give it a try and let you know !!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JAV2803

56%
02 Rank
Progress
JAV2803
Accepted Solution
Had this problem loads deleted game saves etc uninstalled and re installed fifa and it works ok for about a couple of days then starts again even rebuilt ps4 database and still it comes back come on sony at least give an eta for a patch if there even will be one im one unhappy customer :(
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AlexAtkinUK

87%
05 Rank
Progress
AlexAtkinUK
Accepted Solution

Fairly sure it can at least be triggered by issues connecting to PSN reliably as the first time mine got the error was JUST as PSN came back online after maintaintence.  Then it happened a couple of times recently and some people have said PSN has been a bit slow lately.

That would explain why some people have a lot of problems and some hardly any.  Those of us on REALLY stable ISPs connecting via ethernet cable aren't getting the error much at all, those who are on more overloaded ISPs and/or with less reliable routers (especially people on WiFi) may get the error more.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
69%
03 Rank
Progress
High-flying-noob
Accepted Solution

I hardly ever got this error, but it happened in 3 consecutive games of battlefield 4 last night.

And it's always BF that the error occurs.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GottesWille6

47%
02 Rank
Progress
GottesWille6
Accepted Solution
@Gazzaho
I resetted the ps4 and did steps 4-7 in the safe mode but nothing works...i will get a replacement in a few weeks :(
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,  

Unfortunately there has been no change since my last post. I will notify you as soon as there is new information.

'Regrettably there is no further update on this issue. The problem is still under investigation as a high priority and we are working to resolve this ASAP!

The troubleshooting advise has not changed and is detailed below.

If you are experiencing this ce-34878-0 error code, please close the application and then install the latest system software and game patch.

If the error occurs again, initialise the PS4 system after back-up of the save data and please also submit any crash reports after re-booting your console when the error occurs.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you all and thanks for your continued patience.

SFZ'

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

enar5812

22%
02 Rank
Progress
enar5812
Accepted Solution

Why is Sony not helping the PSP vedors with information and sollutions ?

The stores selleing PSP have to meet al these irritated customers and cant give then anny help what so ever

I fact many of them ar not even aware of the problem this suckt big time Sony

And as to the sollutions Sony offers on this forum I have to say they ar not of any help

What the heck are they thinking ??? that we are all computer experts , please !!

Give us a simple sollution there are a lot of young kids out here , so we are intiteled to a clear and well describet sollution .

And just jump out of that closet wount ye !

Be a man about it admit this BIG failure and inform us the consumers that are paying for it And !! inform the vendors in all countries about this problem so they can meet all of these angree cutomers with a replay that makes sence 

WE DEMAND A CLEAR SOLLUTION AND FAST !!!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rosigel

35%
02 Rank
Progress
rosigel
Accepted Solution

This error is weird, i dont know if is Sony fault or EA fault, because shows up only in one user on my console... If i play with another user, the game runs perfectly... The problems shows up on FIFA 14, in Ultimate Team only, after every match that i play... The problem is, my principal account is plus and i have a lot of good players to start all over again on another account. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GamerGodAJ

60%
02 Rank
Progress
GamerGodAJ
Accepted Solution

Alright, so I've had a lot of time to study this error now and have been on this forum since the beginning. I would advice people to hold off from getting replacement consoles, cause hardware clearly isn't the problem, as I have come to conclude from the various experiences people here have been having. I think the best thing to do right now, is try everything that's been mentioned on here (play offline, sign out of PSN, change your PSN password, use a different account, initialise your system etc.), continuously back up your saves and wait for sony to get it sorted.@SuperFastZombie Thanks for the update. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

GamerGodAJ wrote:

Alright, so I've had a lot of time to study this error now and have been on this forum since the beginning. I would advice people to hold off from getting replacement consoles, cause hardware clearly isn't the problem, as I have come to conclude from the various experiences people here have been having. I think the best thing to do right now, is try everything that's been mentioned on here (play offline, sign out of PSN, change your PSN password, use a different account, initialise your system etc.), continuously back up your saves and wait for sony to get it sorted.@SuperFastZombie Thanks for the update. 

Im sorry I dont have any more information. Its still been worked on so as soon as there is something to report I will let you guys know.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JediRabbit

94%
07 Rank
Progress
JediRabbit
Accepted Solution

Its almost been 4 months... i think people have given up on the "soon" fix.

It wont be long before that error message will be wiped off the console only to be replaced with "lost connection to server"

Sony will be trying to brush this under the carpet as they have no clue, and this solution for them maybe deemed less harming to them than an unexplained error message.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ericeiras

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Ericeiras
Accepted Solution

It's still "been" worked?......

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
60%
02 Rank
Progress
xXI_OLDSKOOL_IXx
Accepted Solution

@SuperFastZombie 

My system crashed again yesterday, again playing BF4, with no warning at all, after about 45 minutes and it's been about 5 days since the last one, now at 10 since December 12th.

I've done some digging around on the BF4 forums and their is an icon at the top right hand corner, basically a network icon, it's pretty much the same as the one on the PS4, this was glowing orange, and it's an indicator of packet loss, there is a lot of people who are experiencing this issue on BF4 so many infact that you can rule out the person's ISP or internet connections being the problem for the packet loss, and with so much speculation no one is quite sure if it is on the PSN side or EA server side where the actual packet loss is, doing a simple ICMP ping test does indicate packet loss using the IP's provided on Battlelog to the Euro servers based in Dublin, Ireland, even in small increments, so this all quite alarming, it's on all the servers throughout the world.

The friends list is also showing again incorrectly, this now being more common after firmware 1.60, but I've noticed this problem has been around since launch for others.

A new problem to mention as well under the recent players met this information hasn't been updated since 31/1/2014, again it appears another network problem between PSN and EA.

All the solutions provided under this thread don't work period, the problem is still there and will not go away.

I'm not willing to send my system in just yet, as others have done so e.g @Sillyfocker , he's still getting the same issue on two different systems, and others are too, so their is no point at the current time.

I think the main problem is  thelack of communication what is getting up people's backs, I just hope Sony do find out what is causing this to happen and are able to fix it, because this machine is amazing when it finally works, one of the best consoles I've owned in all my 26+ years of gaming.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tahitianwarrior

81%
04 Rank
Progress
tahitianwarrior
Accepted Solution

Played 2h of BF4 yesterday just fine. Today, I played 2 maps, and boom surprise i got the error again on Hainan Resort, spawned in passenger seat of littlebird and voila.

Seems it happens a lot on Hainan,  flood zone,

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GingerBreadBros

71%
02 Rank
Progress
GingerBreadBros
Accepted Solution

Why did Sony remove the message numbers from this forum?  Were the number of complaints and incidents getting too high for them on this ce-34878-0 error topic?  Sony, put the message numbers back so we can see how many users are having this problem.  It just  looks like you found another way to sweep it under the rug.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Hi GingerBreadBros,

The post count is still visible on the board level.

Please use this thread to provide feedback on the Forums new look.

Thanks,

SFZ

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GamerGodAJ

60%
02 Rank
Progress
GamerGodAJ
Accepted Solution

I really think everyone needs to be a little patient and less cynical (@GingerBreadBros seriously man, what the hell? ) , and again, stop trading in your consoles. Report all your problems here with every bit of detail as possible so Sony can work this out soon!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Supernova-Storm

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Supernova-Storm
Accepted Solution
So only ever had this error once while playing fifa and it was a crash . . Just turned my PS4 on to play fifa and its not even starting :( officially worried now . . Outlast and killzone started for me but not fifa
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smmithy

44%
02 Rank
Progress
smmithy
Accepted Solution

Fifa is fine for me but i cant get killzone to start at all....

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel