28 Dec 2013

Playstation Staff

My TV doesn't work with the ps4

10 Replies 1,921 Views Created 28-12-2013

For some reason I cant see the screen on the ps4 it just comes up with no signal and a count down but I can hear the sound from the menu through my head set please help

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (1,921 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: My TV doesn't work with the ps4

im guessing you dont have a full 1080p tv? have you searched the forum and tried the solution you've found?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"he's not made me Dizzee as he....?"
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (1,919 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Getting the same problem as you OP,
Even if you do have a fullHD 1080p Tv it still wont work, if it does happen to work plz tell me how? i have tried everything!

BeltaneDeath: i dont know why you keep on saying that! ... cos why does my PS4 work on my 720p tv 5-6 yr old? (an old banger).. Butt doesnt work on my 2half year(samsung)£500 fullHD1080p tv ..
there are some PS4 out there OP that just does not connect to some tvs.. unforchantly! and Sony wont replace my PS4.
As iv said! Another ps4 works on my fullHD1080p tv ... Ridiculous!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (1,903 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

BeltaneDeath wrote:

im guessing you dont have a full 1080p tv?

The PS4 is compatible with both HD Ready (720p) and Full HD (1080p) TVs.

However, some TVs and monitors are just randomly incompatible because they don't fully comply with HDMI spec, or just have old, buggy firmware.

I'd recommend the OP to test the PS4 on a different display. If it works there, then he should look for a firmware update for his current display, or consider buying a new one.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (1,894 Views)

Playstation Staff

i dunno if this will help but what i did is just kept changing it to all the hdmis and then changed the hdmi cable

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (1,884 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

@kimini21 you are perfectly correct, but it seems that more of the issues are with hd ready tvs, so i use it as a starting point. although when people post that updating that tv firmware is a load of rot, i wonder why i bother..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (1,879 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

@Chelseafandan

like i said it's a starting point, i've gone through all the touble shooting steps i know with you, sorry it's not helped you but it has helped others.

Belt

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (1,876 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Is the video output integrated in the main chip of the PS4 ? If not, it could be that Sony used different sets of chips in different machines, all of them with the same theoretical specs but with different behavior in reality. In the old good times, not all the 8 bit Amstrad were the same. Nobody noticed the different more than twenty years ago, but nowadays there are machines that are able to display different video modes than others :smileyhappy:. I wonder if this could be the case.

I love it when a plan comes together.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (1,869 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Did to get this fixed? I have the same issue but then I get a picture with red static and glitchy sound, I tried this on 3 different tvs all 1080p and all with different hdmi and no chance I took it down to my game store and it works fine on their 19" sounding hd tv which I don't get as I have a 32" Samsung they won't even replace it, it's at sony getting repair right now.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (1,184 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

What's the TV model number?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (1,176 Views)
0 Kudos