19 Dec 2013
By: jtpgamefreak Member 9 Posts
Level 1

Need For Speed Rivals - TROTTLE NOT WORKING

[ Edited ]
33 Replies 10,816 Views edited 19-12-2013

I downloaded the latest need for speed game 2 days ago but when i get to the point of driving the car won't drive. I keep pressing R2 as the controls say that is the throttle but nothing happens. The R2 on both my controllers are working. I checked. Anyone else having this issue? Or should i download the whole 16G game again?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 34 (10,816 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: Need For Speed Rivals - TROTTLE NOT WORKING

Happened to me too. You have to delete the game and redownload it and delete the patch. The patch is what causes the problem so when you redownload the game don't download the patch update, ONLY the game
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 34 (10,796 Views)
0 Kudos

happent to me too. ut how can i delete the patch
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 34 (10,608 Views)
0 Kudos

i have the same problem here tryed to re download but its still not working.....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 34 (10,567 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Guys this is how the "acceleration bug" has been Fixed.

If you have started the game after the inital download (3gb) , let it download the complete game (17gb) it will work after that.

No need to delete any update or redownload, still if its not working delete the save file and start again after complete game gets downloaded (17gb).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 34 (10,556 Views)
0 Kudos

I have tried this method and this seems to resolve the matter. Thank you.

This is unnacceptable for a premium launch title not to work. It speaks volumes for the lack of quality control and testing on the part of EA and worse still for the playstation store not withdrawing the title whilst the known problem is fixed. 

If you speak to Playstation they refer you to EA, considering the contract remains with Sony, and therefore they should be able to vet the quality of the product they sell, they dont bother, but nevertheless, £55 and a morning spent on the phone, seems to be the acceptable face of customer service. 

Perhaps my expectations are too high and I have the unrealistic demand that a game should be downloaded and working straight away, this is not a 69 pence app from the app store.

There will be a lot of disappointed children on Xmas day, and a lot of bemused parents that will have to go through this same hassle to get the game to actually work.

Lesson learned, thanks for the post!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 34 (10,514 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I think thats a wee bit OTT  as inOMG I've got to wait for the game to FULLY download before playing it! I know sony have said you can start playing while a game is downloading so i can see your point, but it's not like the game is broken and wont work.

Belt

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"he's not made me Dizzee as he....?"
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 34 (10,511 Views)
0 Kudos

I still dont get how things work.. i have downloaded the game also let it download up to the point of 16 gb went to play it.. and it still didnt work, checked the download status and its started all over again i have no idea whats going on please help me..
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 34 (10,393 Views)
0 Kudos

This ***** sucks i cant accelerate so i deleted the game and now i have to download it again the first time took me around 4 hours
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 34 (8,662 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

you can also try changing the language that seems to work as well

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"he's not made me Dizzee as he....?"
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 34 (8,599 Views)