96%
01 Rank
Progress

No signal on TV

6 Replies 336 Views Created 17-07-2016
17 Jul 2016
By PomegranateToast
Hello,

I hadn't touched my ps4 for a while and when I wanted to try playing again my TV read that there was no signal. After trying multiple HDMI cables, different ports on the TV and restarting my TV multiple times there was still the problem. After looking online I saw that my HDMI port may have a bent piece, I checked but everything was flush and my HDMI cable was going in pretty deep.

I saw another fix which said to boot it into safe mode and change the resolution, the thing is not even safe mode displays on my screen.

I have a Sony Bravia TV and there is a feature where you can register an HDMI device, when it scanned devices it surprisingly found the "PlayStation 4 Player 1". My PS4 turns on fine and when I plug a headset into the controller I can hear the keytones and I managed to change the resolution of the Ps4 from the settings by watching videos and locating where the display settings were my remembering the key combination to get there, after setting it to automatic and 480p there was still no fix.

Sometimes when I turn the ps4 on the TV says that there is a 1080p device plugged in but the screen is black, when I go into safe mode it sometimes tells me that there is a 480p device plugged in but once again it displays nothing. And even when that indicator comes up, if I change the source on the TV and come back to the ps4 source it goes back to no signal.

Please help :(

Thank you
0 Kudos
LABELS: My System
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Big_Rob_0501

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Big_Rob_0501
Accepted Solution
I've got the same worked fine until today, solid white light on ps4 no signal on tv no signal in safe mode either
0 Kudos

Re: No signal on TV

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

InSight_2k

88%
09 Rank
Progress
InSight_2k
Accepted Solution

@PomegranateToast@Big_Rob_0501, try to contact the assistance.

0 Kudos

No signal on TV

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Firelordx7

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Firelordx7
Accepted Solution

i have the same probem with the playr 1 and playstation 4 today and i dont know what to do

0 Kudos

No signal on TV

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Firelordx7

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Firelordx7
Accepted Solution

i have same problem some1 help

0 Kudos

No signal on TV

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

woden_83

23%
02 Rank
Progress
woden_83
Accepted Solution

Same here, have this problem also, my LG TV does not show any picture (Black) but have sound when i toggle the menu. but funny thing is when i try on my friend's TV (Samsung) it work perfectly fine. i have tried many things, including factory reset, but does not solve the issue. please help. i don't want to spend more money to buy new TV or monitor.

0 Kudos

No signal on TV

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Oran_Gina

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Oran_Gina
woden_83
Accepted Solution

Just turn everything off, unplug from the mains, disconnect hdmi cable and leave it for half an hour.

Plug the tv back in, switch on, switch off.

Reconnect hdmi cable  between console and tv, plug in console.

Turn tv on, change to correct input.

Turn console on and cross fingers.

0 Kudos

No signal on TV

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel