07 Dec 2013
By: Chams361

1 Posts

PS4 Disk tray problems

2 Replies 854 Views Created 07-12-2013

So i've had the PS4 for like 5 days, i turned it on yesterday it spat out my fifa and made the worst crunching noise ive heard from any console ever, then i turned it off by the plug unplugged it all retryed it worked for 2 mins but the disk wouldnt come out all the way or go in fast like it use too, then it just stopped accepting games completly, rinsed and repeated the starting procedure then it took in a game and just scratched it to pieces and now i dont want to risk trying it at all, i've sent so many emails to GAME about this to get a replacement on both the games and the system nothing back and i've sent one to sony nothing yet, any of you guys have any idea what to do ?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (854 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 Disk tray problems

My PS4 literally just started doing this 5 minutes ago. I first installed game no problem, then when trying to play the game it kept crashing straight away. After ejecting the disc, and re-inserting - the drive started making noises (no crunching, sounds more like the eject mechanism repeatedly retrying to insert/eject).

Even without a disc, is keeps making this noise - and no longer accepts discs.. GAH. Where's the emergency support "replace my ps4 now" button?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (791 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 Disk tray problems

Same. Tried to take out my copy of assassins creed and the playstation tried to eat it. First time I've ever had a console break on me!

I'm a little bit worried about getting another now. They look really slick but compared to my xbox one it's noisy as hell and feels so frail.

Gonna speak to game tomorrow but I'll call into the store. Its a waste of time trying to email them, I had to complain a week ago about something separate and I'm still waiting for a reply
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (773 Views)
0 Kudos