59%
02 Rank
Progress

PS4 Shuts off mid game and wont turn on for a long period Disappointing

14 Replies 22,332 Views Created 21-07-2014
21 Jul 2014
By Ur__Highness__

Hi,

I have just bought a PS4 and have hardly used it for approx 2-3 weeks without any major issues. However sudden;ly day before yesterday while I was in a multiplayer mode playing Battlefield 4; the system just turned itself off.It just happend without any warning / error. I had just started the system (must be like 5 mins; hence issue of overheating ruled out).

I tried turning it ON again and to my surprise the console acted like a brick (no response to pressing the buttons on the console at all). I disconnected it , reconnected it, took it to another power supply but it wont start (not even a beep nor a hint of light bar on the console); as if it is a plastic box meant to do nothing.

I waited for around 5 hours and then tried re-starting it and it started this time (again surprising); I just wanted to check if the game (Battlefield 4) works so started the game; as soon as the intro loaded PS4 turned off yet again and wont come back on.

Have been terribly disappointed with this functioning; I waited another 5hours to restart it and it wouldnt re-start. I then waited for an additional 5-8 hrs and re-tried it and it again started. I was afraid to do anything on it anymore so just shut it down normally. 

Have been advised by Sony Support to initialze the system (delete all existing data and re-update the software) which will make the system right out of the box again. I am yet to try this.

Will keep this thread posted. Meanwhile anyone else facing this issue?

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Theohhdude

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Theohhdude
Accepted Solution

I am having the same issue. The system sometimes doesn't even turn on, only beeps and blue light vanishes. I called support and they took me through a few steps to try and remedy the issue, but i still get random freezes throughout. I am guessing it is a Hard Drive issue, because the system turns on, then when it's trying to write data to the HDD it locks up then completely turns off. Luckily, if you bought it at a store or online and you still have your reciept you can get a full warranty service done. I am still waiting for my box, almost a week after i talked to someone at Sony, so this might be a bigger problem. Probably used crap HDD's, i guess we get what we pay for.

At this point though, i have been through 5 PS3 systems and this will be my second PS4. I think i am done altogether with gaming consoles in general. I personally will never buy one ever again. I have also purchased two Xbox 360's in the past that have died within a year of owning them. If they don't get their ***** together and give us a stable platform, then i don't see consoles being around in the next couple of generations. I have had my PC for 4 years and it still runs like a champ. Never freezes and runs everything. Anyways, my rant is over. I would recommend you call sony and have it warrantied.

0 Kudos

Re: PS4 Shuts off mid game and wont turn on for a long period Disappointing

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ur__Highness__

59%
02 Rank
Progress
Ur__Highness__
Accepted Solution

Hi,

Disappointing to hear others facing this issue and yes my faith with this "Gaming console"  concept is lost. A PC / highend laptop is much reliable. 

So An update to the issue:

As requested by the Sony technical support team, I tried "Initializing" (Deletes all data and restores to factory / out of the box settings) the PS4 system. Steps to initialize the PS4 :

1. Go the Settings tab from the PS4 menu

2. Scroll down till you see "Initialization"

3. You get option "Quick" or "Full"

4. Choose full for a proper system restore

5. You may be requested to de-activate your associated user accounts.

On starting the Initialization (the PS4 system restarts itself as per the initialization process) then automatically starts the Initialization with a black screen showing a progress bar and Estimated Time remaining.

The Initialization process hardly ran for 15 minutes and the PS4 shut itself off yet again and wont turn back on again. How frustrating is that!! To the users dillema the screen displays do not turn off the power during the initialization process as it may damage the system. The PS4 itself turns off on its own during the Initialization process.

So in the current state the PS4 starts with the Initialization process and shuts itself off every 15-20 mins without warning so cant proceed any further. On calling technical support, I have been adviced to try getting in the "Safe Mode" by pressing the "Power" button on the console till it gives 2 beeps and then try the software update. Will try doing this too; but as a matter of fact Sony and its PS4 is really really frustrating and disappointing. Sony should not have launched a half made cheap unstable product in the market. #UnReliable PS4 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ur__Highness__

59%
02 Rank
Progress
Ur__Highness__
Accepted Solution

Ok I yet again caled Sony Playstation technical support and was this time requested to do a "System Software update by entering the Safe Mode. In my case my PS4 has been already looping itself in Initialization mode and switching off automatically.. I however managed to get in the "Safe Mode" (by pressing the Power button until the console throws 2 beeps). I then connected the controller through the USB cable (As instructed on screen) and clicked the PS button on the controller. I chose the Update software option (Via internet) and it threw an error "Cannot Connect to the network". I then downloaded the latest PS build 1.7x on a USB; plugged in the usb on the console and tried doing the system software update using the USB (PS4/UPDATE/*.PUP). 

The console detects the file and starts copying (shows a loader); on completing 100% it yet again throws an error with Code CE-30785-3. A serious error has occoured. Contact Technical Support for assistance.

I have a PS plus subscribtion which is going to WASTE; SONY you should re-imburse me on all the wasted time & money.

PS4-Error_CE-30785-3.jpg

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ur__Highness__

59%
02 Rank
Progress
Ur__Highness__
Accepted Solution

Finally after many tries of a work-around the Sony team told me I will have to send the new PS4 for repairs (its not been even 1 month since I bought it and it is already in repairs). Disappointed!!

I am waiting for the console to come from repairs. In the meanwhile the subscription time of the PS Plus is such a waste. I have lost almost 15 days of the PS Plus subscription. Will keep this thread updated once the product is back from repairs.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ur__Highness__

59%
02 Rank
Progress
Ur__Highness__
Accepted Solution

Ok.... So after much trying had to send the PS4 for repairs. They took 2 days and told me it was some software issue. I received my PS4 (with scratches on the top part) from the service center its been working fine as of now.

So the solution to the problem was a software update as per the service center. I dont know how; since I had done the software update myself before the PS4 turned off. I played with the updated PS4 for atleast 1-2 weeks after which it suddenly stopped working. I guess the software must have crashed or got corrupted.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
27%
02 Rank
Progress
GeneralStudMufin
Accepted Solution

I'm having slightly the same issue mine acts like it turns on then it shuts right back off 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

chandaman36

21%
02 Rank
Progress
chandaman36
Accepted Solution
Yeah I'm having the same exact but the only thing different is that I have to wait like a day to three days for it to be able to turn back on
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
25%
02 Rank
Progress
FIGHT-_FOR-_LIFE
Accepted Solution

i have the same ***** THISSSSS

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

eng-2hmad

25%
02 Rank
Progress
eng-2hmad
Accepted Solution

I have same issue with new PS4 console model# CUH-1216A

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LOUC4OSHUS

22%
02 Rank
Progress
LOUC4OSHUS
Accepted Solution

Yeah, mine just gave up during play and wouldn't turn back on. No beeps, no lights, on warning. Took it back to the shop and is off the Sony.........

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Steven5291

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Steven5291
Accepted Solution

I've had this problem before as well, but I didn't wait five hours to press the power button.  I was playing Lufe is Strange (on disc) and for the first time ever for the game it just shuts of entirely.  The only thing still on was a white light on the console.  But like yours mine was basically a brick, no matter what nothing would turn it back on or even fully off so I had to forcibly turn it off and turn it back on.

it wouldn't turn on after the first push so after I heard it make a sound I waited a short few seconds and pressed it again.  Technically it turned on,the blue light on the console was on, but nothing was in the screen.  Almost like it was loading just to turn on. I'm thinking of getting a vent for it to see if it's a heating problem.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gabsjzmm23

28%
02 Rank
Progress
gabsjzmm23
Steven5291
Accepted Solution

I have the same problem.  Few months back, my PS4 started freezing up, like it took few minutes before booting up.  But earlier today, I'm playing FF XV then all of sudden my PS4 died.  Tried turning it back on and heard the beep and saw the blue light but it is stuck at a solid white light with no TV signal.  Tried different TV and a monitor, still the same issue.  Read several articles and forums but it didn't help. I know it is not an HDMI port issue since it was working.  The port or cable won't be broken all of sudden in a middle of a game.  

This is a Day 1 PS4 and it seems I need to part way, I have already a 2TB hard drive on it. :(

Will check in a few days, if it still like this, then I might buy a new one but don't know what to do with this. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

eng-2hmad

25%
02 Rank
Progress
eng-2hmad
Accepted Solution

I am moving to xbox console. I had enough issues with ps3 before and ps4 now..

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mi533ke

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Mi533ke
Accepted Solution

I've just recently been having this issue, (as of yesterday) I've been playing RE: Revelations 2 Raid mode the past few days and both yesterday and today my PS4 continuously reboots itself mid game. After the reboot is refuses to power up for up to 5 - 30 minutes. Today and my console has rebooted 7 times in the past hour, the most recent being a few minutes ago. (reason why I googled this issue) I don't know if it is actually rebooting, crashing or if one of the many fake hacker dimwits actually figured out how to screw with someone's PS4 or not. I'd just really like some answers..

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel