Just been playing an hour of Trials hit 'share' after getting the medal I was after, and I get a message about how the PS4 constantly records or something. Then when I go to 'upload video clip' there is no footage of my hour of play.
Edit. I do now have two seconds of footage of the Result screen.
OK someone else has mentioned a similar problem. It may be that the update has reset the recording so try double pressing the Share button to start recording. Then play for a while and try to save a video clip as normal.
Let me know if this resolves the problem.
According to a twitter conversation between myself, SFZ and another user. He found [The other user] that the issue has been resolved. however, you need to hit share button, then hit square on the share menu to save the footage. this saves the correct footage and starts a new recording session from that moment
OK, so i've done some testing post 1.7, and I think the "wrong footage after 15 minutes" problem MAY have been resolved.
The big thing is that the way you save footage has been changed - I think that's why some people have found no footage has saved at all. You now have to press square AFTER short pressing the share button once to "save video clip". I think this is how the problem has been solved.
SO, here's what i did. Quick note: i'm using the standard button control type for the share button.
- I played Battlefield 4 (notorious for wrong footage share button issues), and made sure to play for LONGER than 15 minutes. I did NOT short, long, or double tap the share button before I started playing. I just turned on my PS4, downloaded the 1.7 firmware, and started playing.
- After 25 minutes of playing online, having changed servers and played multiple rounds, I short pressed the share button once. Share menu opens. From there, I hit square to "save video clip".
- A UI notification now appears in the top right hand corner to say "video clip saved".
- I then hit the playstation button and closed the share button menu, returning to the game. I DID NOT go into the upload video clip menu, nor did i preview the clip or go into the trimming menu. I went straight back to the game.
- I then kept playing for another seven seconds by parachuting off the roof of a Dawnbreaker skyscraper in a most dramatic fashion.
- I then hit share button again, hit square again, and another clip was saved.
- THEN I quit the game completely and returned to the Playstation home screen. I navigated along to the new "Capture Gallery" square tile, and selected the battlefield 4 folder.
- In the battlefield 4 clips folder, there were two clips. The first was 15 minutes long, going back 15 minutes from when i hit share / square (when I was standing on top of the skyscraper). Basically, the correct footage.
- The second clip was seven seconds long, beginning on top of the skyscraper, and ending after i jumped off and hit share / square.
In summary, I THINK IT WORKS CORRECTLY NOW. Fingers crossed. The big thing that has been solved is that lingering problem of the single short share button press having the correct video thumbnail, but when you go into the trimming menu, the video is from a random earlier point in your game, which used to mean your cool moment / footage would be lost.
This has now been solved. I think.... hope... pray... ;-)
haha no worries! Yeah I think the addition of the square button press tells the ps4 exactly what you want to save (i.e. from the moment you pressed share, going backwards up to 15 minutes). Tried it again in Battlefield 4, after closing the game and playing longer than 15 minutes, and again, correct footage was saved. I am cautiously optimistic that we can finally put this problem to bed!! :-)
That's weird. I know that the option to press square to save video clip goes away if you hit the share button while looking at the Playstation home screen. I think you have to hit share and then square when you're actually in game. (you can pause the game you're playing by pressing options)...