pandaym

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

PS4 share button saves the wrong footage?

[ Edited ]
342 Replies 11,053 Views edited 06-02-2015

Hello everyone,

I have a problem that occured twice now. I have 2 times had something awesome happen in games where I wanted to use the share button to save my last 15 minutes of gameplay. Both times I press the share button right after the cool stuff happened, and the clips should be saved.

After being done playing, I went in to crop and share the clips. I find the clip that is supposed to be the right one(looks like the right one on thumbnail, timestamp everything..), but the contents of that same clip is from some other random time, that is not corrosponding to it's timestamp, thumbnail or anything?

Is the share function just completely broken at the moment, or has anyone found a fix?

LABELS: My System
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,

I'm going to mark this thread as solved as the recording feature is now working as intended. There may be some clips that are not quite 15 minutes when randomly pressing SHARE but when doubleclicking to begin a recording there should be no issues.

SFZ

View solution in original post

Re: PS4 share button saves the wrong footage?

/16

Smacchio

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Smacchio
Accepted Solution

Does FW 1.76 fix the problem?

0 Kudos

/16

jac3k5

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jac3k5
Accepted Solution

It was actually working fine with the latest games I played. I haven't missed any video from The Last of Us & inFAMOUS First Light. Also I never lost any video from Resogun, but lost some from Killzone & COD.

Maybe it depends on games?

0 Kudos

/16

Re-versed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Re-versed
Accepted Solution

Lets hope 1 more time that 2.00 will extinct the problem once and for all!! 

@SuperFastZombie Any news??

0 Kudos

/16

Deadlius

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Deadlius
Accepted Solution

I played Strider and Velocity2X for awhile last night after having updated to 1.76. Now, this is by no means definitive, but the problem seems to have gotten a lot better and by that I mean it was a lot closer to recording the last full 15 minutes than it ever has to date. I played Strider for probably around 45 minutes or so and when I saved the clip I ended up with a clip that was about 14 minutes and 57 seconds long (if I remember right). I played Velocity2X for around 20-30 minutes and I ended up with a 14 minute and 47 second long clip. So, while it seems as though it may not be saving EXACTLY the full last 15 minutes of gameplay it seems as though it's a lot closer. Of course, it's possible they haven't changed anything related to this with 1.76 so this may also just be luck and placebo effect.

I'll probably be playing some more Call of Duty Ghosts tonight so I'm going to bust out my iPhone's stopwatch feature so I know when at least 15 minutes has elapsed before saving some clips. If I get a chance to test it, I'll post back with the results tomorrow.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

sibbor

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sibbor
Accepted Solution

To me it sounds like the issue depends on what SDK the game has been compiled with. Newer games seems to bug less? 

0 Kudos

/16

Smacchio

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Smacchio
Accepted Solution

FW 1.76 didn't fix the problem.

After 60 minutes of gameplay with Velocity 2X it saved the last 13 minutes and 43 seconds.

0 Kudos

/16

supremestarhawk

85%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
supremestarhawk
Accepted Solution

After 1.76, one of the first videos I tested I got my first 10:00 exactly (my buffer is set to 10 minutes), ha. Usually when it works correctly they are 9:59 ;)

But seriously, just last night I was playing The Last of Us well over 10 minutes, I pressed Share just to test, and I got a randome length of something around 4 minutes and change.

So, the length of videos still seems to be an issue with 1.76.

0 Kudos

/16

Re-versed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Re-versed
Accepted Solution

@SFZ 

I really hope you guys havent forget about this issue...

/16

jac3k5

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jac3k5
Accepted Solution

I haven't had any issue with recently released games TLoU & inFamous First Light with exception to one occasion when instead of last 15 minutes recording were from the last checkpoint (~3 minutes) in TLoU. In addition I've never lost any movie in Resogun.

I've noticed then large videos 11+ minutes are mostly corrupt. You can watch them on the console, but copied to pen drive are unusable. There is a workaround for it. The videos need to be re-rendered in Shape Factory to be usable on PC.

I hope it helps.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MattKB

• Beta Tester
77%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MattKB
Accepted Solution
Dammit, just spent a few hours on lady of us. Had a great mp match, hit share and it only saved the last three minutes.

How hard is this to fix, just hit share and look at the timer. A year later nearly, urgh. Sometimes works, sometimes not. I was convinced it was due to in game checkpoints or dev set start points like at start of matches. Afraid not.
0 Kudos

/16

Ahmed_Tifa

75%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ahmed_Tifa
Accepted Solution

Hey All,

I have been Playing Madden NFL 15 lately and taking a lot of videos/screenshots and when I do either I am given the following

1. The correct thumbnail for video

2. Prompt for the square button to save video

3. When saving video, I get reasonable times (after 15 minutes I always get a 14'55~'' video).

So, I have a feeling that older games may need some library rebuild or sth. Or maybe the firmware needs to handle them in a certain way. as there libs were not updated properly after the fix

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Hi guys, 

The issues with Share are still open our end and I have updated the team working on this with your feedback. I will keep you updated as soon as I have more news.  

Thanks, 

SFZ 

/16

Smacchio

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Smacchio
Accepted Solution

SuperFastZombie ha scritto:

Hi guys, 

The issues with Share are still open our end and I have updated the team working on this with your feedback. I will keep you updated as soon as I have more news.  

Thanks, 

SFZ 

Will FW 2.0 fix this problem?

0 Kudos

/16

Deadlius

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Deadlius
Accepted Solution

Hopefully. If it doesn't and we have to wait even longer for a fix I'm going to be very disappointed. I just updated this morning and I'm going to be doing some tests tonight when I get home.

0 Kudos

/16

Deadlius

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Deadlius
Accepted Solution

Well, I didn't get a whole lot of time to test the video clip saving last night but I did end up saving one clip while playing Madden 15 with a friend via Share Play and it was exactly 15 minutes long so I'm cautiously optimistic. I could probably count on one hand the number of times that I've actually ended up with video clips that were exactly 15 minutes long so this is a good sign that it worked on the first attempt. I'm going to maybe give Call of Duty Ghosts a try for awhile tonight since this was one of the games that I noticed it quite a bit. I'll report back tomorrow with the results.

0 Kudos

/16

Deadlius

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Deadlius
Accepted Solution

Guys, I think this might actually be fixed with the 2.00 update! I played Call of Duty Ghosts for over an hour last night and pressed the Share button twice to save a video clip (each time after 15 minutes). Both clips ended up being EXACTLY 15 minutes long and the end of the videos were correct. I then played my Super Bowl game in Madden 15 (which I won with a last second field goal 23-21 ;)) and saved two clips from that and they both ended up being exactly 15 minutes as well. I'm going to keep testing with some other games but things are looking really good!

0 Kudos

/16

Smacchio

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Smacchio
Accepted Solution

FW 2.0 doesn't fix the problem.

It saved my last 14.48 minutes

0 Kudos

/16

Deadlius

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Deadlius
Accepted Solution
And you're positive that you played for more than 15 minutes and not just for 14 minutes and 48 seconds since you started the game or since the last time you pressed the Share button?
0 Kudos

/16

Linkku82

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Linkku82
Accepted Solution

You need to do more testing than few videos :smileywink: In the 2.0 release notes  I have not found anything mentioned about fixing this particular issue.

0 Kudos

/16

Deadlius

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Deadlius
Accepted Solution

I'm going to but I have never had that many successful saves in a row and I've had my PS4 since launch day. Regarding the release notes, I'm not surprised because this issue isn't something that Sony has ever publicly acknowledged that I'm aware of so they probably wouldn't want to draw attention to it.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Deadlius

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Deadlius
Accepted Solution

Okay, so after saving clips while playing both Sniper Elite 3 and Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, I ended up getting a couple that were 14 minutes 56 seconds, 14 minutes 57 seconds, etc. I guess it's a question of whether or not we think that's acceptable or if we expect it to ALWAYS be exactly 15 minutes long. Personally, I'm satisfied if I can always save a video clip that's close to 15 minutes in length because, let's face it, when will you ever need exactly the last 15 minutes of gameplay? This is the best this feature has ever worked but it can probably still be improved a little bit.

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel