10 Jan 2014
Playstation Staff

Playstation App Can't Find PS4

17 Replies 3,894 Views Created 10-01-2014
Is the app broken? I have tried it with an ipad 2 and iPhone 5 both running ios 7.0.4 All signed in and all on the same wireless network but when you press connect to PS4 it says no PS4 found. Also tried with another PS4 and ipad mini and that won't work either. My ps vita only connected when I selected direct connection. Am I doing something wrong?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18 (3,894 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Playstation App Can't Find PS4

The app works fine for me on iOS 7.0.4 Iphone 4.. But it can use a lot of improvements in speed and stability. Make sure your Playstation and your phone or tablet is on the same network.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18 (3,848 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Thanks for that but as I said everything is on the same wireless network and looking at the amount of other people having the same problems it must be the app or ps4
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18 (3,839 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Mine works perfectly, in fact it's too keen to connect and turns my PlayStation on whenever I open the app.
I assume you've been to the PS4 settings and selected add device?
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/app.html
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18 (3,837 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
Yep followed all the instructions still nothing. That's the problem I can't pair any device because it can't find the PS4 so the box to enter the code is never highlighted on the phone or tablet. Logged a call with sony support and it's been escalated with the network people. The phone can actually see the ps4 when you look at its wifi settings so I'm assuming the app needs more work.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18 (3,830 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the app, may not change anything but it's a quick thing to try.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18 (3,821 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
Tried that twice and also cleared the cache and it didn't work but thanks anyway for the suggestion. I hope sony look at the reviews on the App Store because lots of people are posting that the same thing is happening for them. Unfortunately the App Store doesn't show the latest reviews at the top anymore so all you see at first glance is the early buyers who probably downloaded it before they even had a PS4.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18 (3,808 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I think it's more a problem with your router rather than the app. I had the same problem with a home hub 3 ( as well as many other problems ) so I swapped the hub over for an old home hub 1 I had & everything works just fine now.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18 (3,791 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Some routers can spoof the public IP address on your PS when putting them in the DMZ. For your phone it may look like the PlayStation is not in the same net.

You can check the IP address on your PS and on your phone, if they aren't in the same IP net  try taking the PlayStation out of the DMZ (if it is).

Also make sure your phone is not using your mobile providers network, it has to get an IP address assigned by the WiFi of your router (and not accidentally connected to an open access point that isn't yours).

You're at the zoo, you have a popsicle. How can you be unhappy?

- Dewey

Nothing shows man's character more than by what they find ridiculous.
- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

I used to be cool.
- forkless

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18 (3,785 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Unfortunately you can't use BT Infinity with a home hub before v3 so I can't try that.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18 (3,773 Views)
0 Kudos