29 Nov 2013

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Ps4 fault

6 Replies 1,045 Views Created 29-11-2013
I've just received my ps4 yesterday and every time I turn it on it switches itself off after a few minutes. what can I do to fix this problem? Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (1,045 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps4 fault

Ditto, would not even turn on until a tiny shake!!!! I noticed a whirring high pitched noise that is even there after you turn off the power, maybe faulty psu.

No one answering of sonny customer service number,,, gutted by the way sonny are treating their loyal fans.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (1,039 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Call customer Support.. 0844 736 0595 (UK)

Cant really blame the help lines they are probably busy with all of the new consoles being sold and people with issues they need to be sorted I was on the phone for 17mins last night sorting mine.

I know its frustrating to have to keep trying to cal but you will get there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (1,037 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

How do you find the number for Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (1,012 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I encountered several random shut-downs, too. One while I was kind of idling in the main menu and waiting for downloads, another while I was playing Flower. After this happens, booting always goes to safe mode after two beeps, although I don't hold the power button. The next two to four reboots also boot in safe mode. Eventually it does some HDD checking, when rebuild database was selected at some point during reboot-mania, and it boots normally. No error reports regarding this are found in the settings, just PSN connection issues.
Using supplied HDMI, USB and power cables, nothing more attached, connected via WiFi (WPA2-PSK AES, 32-character alpha-numeral passcode), I live in Germany (for power reference).
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (999 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Support number for Ireland should be:

0818 365065

Email is: support@ie.playstation.com

Good luck

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (994 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

When you get through pick the ps3 option as the ps4 one cuts you off. I had the same problem they took my details and are sending a new ps4 to me tomorrow doorstep swap:-)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (946 Views)
0 Kudos