53%
02 Rank
Progress

System Software 5.00 Headset issues

[ Edited ]
86 Replies 11,800 Views edited 03-10-2017
03 Oct 2017
By Nirvana43
I tested 5.00 in beta, and had to revert to the previous system software version immediately as my headset seemed almost completely incompatible with it. Upon installing 5.00, audio output to my headset completely stopped. I spent some time tweaking settings under "Audio Devices" and found that if I changed the "Output to Headphones" option from "All Audio" to "Chat Only" I'd regain base audio, but was still incapable of hearing voice chat audio in parties/game chat. The only way to regain the ability to hear base audio and chat audio at the same time was to revert to the previous system software version. (My "Output to Headphones" option has been set to "All Audio" for years without problems until this update). Initially, I assumed this would just be a beta problem that the team would iron out before full release, but apparently not. I’m still getting the same problem after the full release of 5.00. Obviously as I can’t revert back to the previous version anymore, I can't use my headset properly. The fact that reverting to the previous system software version when 5.00 was in beta completely resolved my issue proves that there isn't a problem with my headset itself, just its compatibility with the current system software. If it helps at all, I'm using a Steelseries H Wireless headset. It would be interesting to see if anyone else out there has this problem as I haven't seen it reported yet. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading.
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bergums

65%
02 Rank
Progress
bergums
Accepted Solution

Its fixed in the 5.5 beta 2!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kvarnstrom1976

22%
02 Rank
Progress
kvarnstrom1976
bergums
Accepted Solution

How do you know? Tested it yourself or red in release notes anythere? 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bergums

65%
02 Rank
Progress
bergums