Playstation Staff

Re: ce-34878-0 Error

I've not had any error messages, but after doing 2 of the 3 endings on BF4 I noticed it was downloading and update. Since then after going back onto the campaign I've noticed all my progress has gone (all weapons, dogtags etc) and it puts me right back at the start. Also noticed (apart from Netflix) none of my apps open. (IGN etc)

Doesn't sound as bad as some other people's cases, but could still be related and is stupidly annoying!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 381 of 1,979 (14,437 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Since my first ERROR on my replacement console so far it hasnt happened again.  To be safe i decided to delete my Battlefield data(old save file) as i got the ERROR on the same part of the map in multiplayer.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/446116/ps4-users-report-save-corruption-error/

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/21/ps4-error-corrupting-save-files

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/20/report-playstation-4-error-is-corrupting-user-save-files/

Sony no more hiding !!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 382 of 1,979 (14,411 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Hey guys,

If you are experiencing this ce-34878-0 error code, please close the application and then install the latest system software and game patch.

If the error occurs again, initialise the PS4 system after back-up of the save data and please also submit any crash reports after re-booting your console when the error occurs.

Hope that helps.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 383 of 1,979 (14,139 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

lol!

#Owned

PS4- Fifa 14
PS4- Assassins Creed 4
PS4- inFamous: Second Sons

#Looking forward to

PS4- Watch Dogs
PS4- Final Fantasy XV
PS4- The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 384 of 1,979 (14,052 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Betreff: ce-34878-0 Error

hi there...

i had this prob. in battlefield 4, telling me right after the start that my savefiles are corruppted...press x to overwrite and accept it...which i didnt do of course. i restarted the ps4 and checked again and there were no issues anymore...hope that helps before someone presses the x button on this message!

good luck out there...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 385 of 1,979 (13,902 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I lost 40+ hours of AC4 Gameplay :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 386 of 1,979 (13,692 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

All i want to know is..

Is this a console problem or a problem that can be patched! please Sony lets us know, im hanging on hoping that 1 day (been waiting since 2 weeks after launch) Sony will release a statment saying they know of the problem and this is this cure.. be it updated firmware, send console back, or return item to shop as faulty. Time is ticking stop making us wait!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 387 of 1,979 (13,380 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Add me to the list of those receiving this error. Twice last night playing BF4, online, on two different maps. I tried to replicate it by going back to same map & same area on the map but it didn't reoccur.
I haven't played the single player so no progress to lose, didn't lose any multiplayer progress (level or weapon progress) but suspect thats stored on server level anyway.

I personally think this is a firmware or PSN/network issue and am sure Sony will issue a fix given the volume of folks affected.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 388 of 1,979 (13,187 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I haven't got this error code but somehow my Battlefield 4 campaign progress is gone. Anybody else have the same issue and know if it's related? Pretty annoying when I'm trying to unlock items for use on multiplayer,

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 389 of 1,979 (12,746 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hey people.

Did anyone got info if this is happening with both disc based AND digital games? I have BF4, ACIV (dude i can´t loose this save) and FIFA14 from the list (besides others), all of them digitally acquired, and, for now, every single game is working well (online too).

Maybe it is something with the disc based?

ps: Had a single player BF4 save corrupted, but that was right after the launch.

ps2: Never put a disc on the ps4

ps3: Still have mine :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 390 of 1,979 (12,615 Views)
0 Kudos