48%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

error code E-801809A8

4,005 Replies 457,143 Views Created 03-10-2017
03 Oct 2017
By itryhardandlose

hello i just updated to the new system software and i can't install it because of this error code.

did anybody get this error code too?

LABELS: firmware
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

LordRoss

• Online Support
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Remove System Software Update job from Notifications > Downloads first. Then try below. 

• Go to Settings > System Software Update and then try [Update Using Internet].
  • Go to Settings > System Software Update and then try [Update from USB Storage Device].
  • Try [Update Using Internet] from Safe Mode.
  • Try [Update from USB Storage Device] from Safe Mode.

Otherwise if you’re still receiving this error after updating your PS4 then please contact PlayStation Support for further help.

View solution in original post

error code E-801809A8

[ Edited ]

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

WhiteMonkey88

• MVP
97%
13 Rank
Progress
WhiteMonkey88
NJD1974
Accepted Solution

This is a  VERY small percentage of consoles that have a broken Blu Ray drive 

0 Kudos

error code E-801809A8

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NJD1974

71%
02 Rank
Progress
NJD1974
Accepted Solution

yeah but been online and loads of websites with "common faults", hdmi port is "delicate as spider web", light of death, poor soldering because no lead in solder any more. Is very delicate machine. Will be scared of moving it, unplugging it. Etc, etc. Just typed in "ps4 pro common faults" and websites came up by people who fix them. Will get one but if I have any problems at all, I'll take it back to Argos!

0 Kudos

Re: error code E-801809A8

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Bluebruin

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Bluebruin
Accepted Solution

They are not going to fix the error through software. You have to send your console in.  read the thread from page 140 or so on. You'll know what to do. Call Sony, let them know you want a free fix, let them know you use only digital gaming, let them know this was not your doing, let them know that you don't have warranty stickers because you tried to fix their error.   There will be no fix via software. Look at the front of this thread. The guy tells you to call sony support to send your console in.  Just be sure to tell them this wasn't your doing and that you have E-801809A8, or they will charge you to fix your unit.  

0 Kudos

error code E-801809A8

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NJD1974

71%
02 Rank
Progress
NJD1974
Accepted Solution

Bit the bullet and bought the pro. As am not online used the usb to update software version. Blu ray still wont work, says still needs to be connected to internet to work, so not happy about that. GT sport is amazing, wish they did offline version. Machine could be better looking, looks like a paving slab! Want vertical stand now. Happy with machine so far and crazy the amount of hours you can clock up without thinking. Anyone know of any good driving games like gt, not Arcady?

0 Kudos

Re: error code E-801809A8

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

zaywitdashitz

24%
02 Rank
Progress
zaywitdashitz
Accepted Solution

hey can someone help me with this ? I jus updated my game and know I can't play it because this error. Code is the only thing popping up is there a way that I can get rid of the update so I can play my game again ? Or for the reinstallation code or.how to.reinstall it ?

0 Kudos

error code E-801809A8

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EchoBeast1

24%
02 Rank
Progress
EchoBeast1
Accepted Solution

Any word yet

0 Kudos

error code E-801809A8

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
28%
02 Rank
Progress
davidgulbrandsen
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Hi, What do we do when PlayStation support is hiding behind the fact that the warranty expires after 2 years. Is this really the companies policy to provide an update that breaks the console and then say sorry it is not covered by warranty?

Looking forward to hear back from you.

0 Kudos

error code E-801809A8

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

yotosun

54%
02 Rank
Progress
yotosun
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Did and your ***** service canceled the call before we got it fixed. ***** Sony. Lazy dumb asses can't even fix their own *****. 

0 Kudos

error code E-801809A8

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Plogigators

59%
02 Rank
Progress
Plogigators
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Really? 

I'm really hoping that actually works because I've gone down every checklist that doesn't involve opening the device.

0 Kudos

error code E-801809A8

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Plogigators

59%
02 Rank
Progress
Plogigators
Accepted Solution

It required me having to wipe my system but they did compensate me somewhat for losing so much data.

This was after over a month of deliberating on whether or not I was willing to do so since none of the other methods were working.

0 Kudos

error code E-801809A8

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BLACKY_CHAN420

28%
02 Rank
Progress
BLACKY_CHAN420
Accepted Solution

Been having the same issue today, system error and controllers not working; frozen at error screen. My solution- I took out my battery supply and optical drive, unplugged all wires from both, (I did not replace optical drive,simply took it out) I put optical drive and all wires plugged back in, plugged in battery supply and re-assembled, once back together and plugged back into the wall outlet turned on my ps4 with touch sensor (note my touch sensor hasn’t worked in months) while taking apart and re-assembling I fixed my touch sensor issue as well. ( have no idea what I did for that to work again) once my ps4 was turned back on system update was downloading and updating just fine. No more error, update is now downloaded and my ps4 is working just fine once again,, hope this helps some of you out there!

0 Kudos

error code E-801809A8

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

blazingmonkeyHD

34%
02 Rank
Progress
blazingmonkeyHD
Accepted Solution

same

0 Kudos

error code E-801809A8

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Pickle12bob

91%
02 Rank
Progress
Pickle12bob
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

This is not acceptable. This issue still exists with 5.05 and has been going on for months. It really doesn't feel like anyone is listening.

error code E-801809A8

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Pickle12bob

91%
02 Rank
Progress
Pickle12bob
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Support does nothing to help. This problem still exists with 5.05. Hello? Anyone listening?

error code E-801809A8

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cupid55

46%
02 Rank
Progress
cupid55
Accepted Solution

Since You have this system software update5.05  I can install the update! It gives me this error (E-801809A8).

It has been 2 days I am not able to use my play station! I have been on the phone with your support for more than 2 hours. Still they cant figure out. The problem! ASking me to call my internet service provider for some ports!

0 Kudos

error code E-801809A8

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mehsi0555

33%
02 Rank
Progress
mehsi0555
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

error code E-801809A8

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
22%
02 Rank
Progress
Cryptic_Wisdom03
Accepted Solution

I have the same error code for update 5.05 and I tried going to safe mode and doing all that. The ps rep told me I had to like do this option that deleted everything off my ps4 and I did it but its still not working

0 Kudos

error code E-801809A8

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ali-_-Hadi0902

66%
02 Rank
Progress
Ali-_-Hadi0902
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

This is happening with me too my ps4 friend list is not loading up but when I run "test my connection" everything is perfect, what should I do 

0 Kudos

error code E-801809A8

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Oran_Gina

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Oran_Gina
Ali-_-Hadi0902
Accepted Solution

Nothing to do with this thread. See https://status.playstation.com/

Gaming And Social

Affected Platforms:
PS3™ , PS4™
Affected Services:
You may have some difficulty launching games, applications or online features. Our engineers are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible, and we thank you for your patience.
23/01/2018, 16:43

0 Kudos

error code E-801809A8

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
60%
02 Rank
Progress
dellyparnelly187
Accepted Solution

Had this issue for over a week, my PlayStation is now a $400 piece of ***** that they want to charge me to fix. I cannot update, it gives me the same error code. I cannot sign in or use it at all. PlayStation will be hearing from me tommorow, now seeing this is no error of mine I won't be paying to to use the thing I paid for 9 months ago. Its literally a paper weight now. No response from Sony either. 

error code E-801809A8

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Apollo2211

62%
02 Rank
Progress
Apollo2211
Accepted Solution

Yeah, contact the 3rd party staff that is completel useless. Seriously Sony? Hire out your dirty work? Lol. It's seriously a bunch of people who have a punch list in front of them, and when you call, they start at #1 and go down the list. The steps are the same every tme we call. If you manage to make it to the end of the list without the" call getting dropped " (yeah im on a land line dude) then I SWEAR TO GOD, they will hang up on you!! LMAO! What? That is so embarrassig for me, having been a Sony and PlayStation fan for ... 20 years, give or take. The disgusting amount of money you have made off of us, and this is the best you can provide? I'm done... update 5.5 or 5.05 whatever SMD!

0 Kudos

error code E-801809A8

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel