26 Dec 2013

Playstation Staff

keeps ejecting discs and wont take them in

3 Replies 293 Views Created 26-12-2013
I was playing knack when the disc ejected itself and now i cant put any discs in, i can hear a wearing noise inside, i have turned it on and off several times but nothing yet
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (293 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: keeps ejecting discs and wont take them in

This just happened to me and it won't stop. I was watching a Blu-Ray and it ejected it with error code CE-34878-0 and keeps making a sound like it's trying to eject a disc. I pushed the disc back in when it wouldn't take it and it pushes it right back out.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (269 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Ok, so here is what I did.. As with most electronics, sometimes it needs a complete discharge to reset completely. I turned it off and then unplugged it once the lights were off. I left it unplugged for about 5 minutes or so to allow any capacitance to discharge. It shouldn't take that long, but I wanted to be sure. I plugged it back in, turned it on and all is good. It took the same Blu-Ray and I'm watching it now. I skipped to the point where I left off and it's working fine. I had selected before to allow it access to the internet while playing Blu-Rays, but now I have the LAN connection unplugged.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (262 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hi - thanks for the tip.  Had the same problem with bue-ray game discs ejecting after a few minutes of play.  Tried turning off and power down.  Seems to work but problem returns.  Internet unplugged.  Have reported to Sony by email - no response yet - cant find a number for support in Australia.  Suspect the drive is faulty and will have to wait 2 weeks for a replacement ...  Welcome any other suggestions.  Mike

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (250 Views)
0 Kudos