87%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Bad news

42 Replies 917 Views Created 13-11-2013

All the reviews starting to come in for the exclusive titles are all fairly bad except for resogun and Killzone aint terrible at an average of 8

http://www.shopto.net/news/44650/PlayStation-4-launch-title--review-round-up

One giving Knack a 4

Contrast getting 5

Its hardly WOW here comes the next gen, although I do apprecaite a lot of reviews can be old tosh but its not a great start in what could be for the xbox and Foarz Dead Rising and Ryse lets wait and see I expected more though

0 Kudos
LABELS:
A gamer not a fanboy
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Si_Ozzman

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Si_Ozzman
Accepted Solution
I wasn't expecting to get GOTY level stuff out at launch, more than happy seeing 8/10s. Knack has never looked great to be so that was kinda expected.
0 Kudos

Re: Bad news

/16

fenbops

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fenbops
Accepted Solution
I'm getting the PS4 for the long haul and I'm sure killzone will be great and I'll enjoy it. Great games will come, I'm not worried.
0 Kudos

/16

dav13

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dav13
Accepted Solution
thats console launch games for you. i dont think the x1 launch games will review well either but its what comes in the next few months/ years thats important.

/16

SchallSJ

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SchallSJ
Accepted Solution
I have no problem with the early rankings. the only launch game completely new to me that I was interested in was KZ. Hoping a buddy gets an xbone so I can play ryse. other then that, yea not overly concerned
0 Kudos

/16

IIFatalshockII

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
IIFatalshockII
Accepted Solution

To be fair, I don't think Knack was ever going to be a Halo for the PS4, so I think you're doing okay so far :-) Killzone looks fun!

0 Kudos

Xbox One has exceeded my expectations!
PS4- Fall 2014???
Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
Meh, I can live with them scores :D
0 Kudos

/16

darks-revenge

73%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
darks-revenge
Accepted Solution

im more worried about the fan noise issues that seem to be popping up with certain hardware reviews.

It would appear that levels seem to ramp up during gaming just like the ps3. I was hoping this was all going to be sorted.

As for the games....... what do people expect at the start of a new gen?

0 Kudos

/16

GaViN7UK

94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GaViN7UK
Accepted Solution
Launch games tend to suck... So no great shock. Still killzone is getting mostly good scores.
Now if Ryse should some how gets a 9/10 I will keep my Xbox one order.
0 Kudos

/16

IIFatalshockII

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
IIFatalshockII
Accepted Solution

GaViN7UK wrote:
Launch games tend to suck... So no great shock. Still killzone is getting mostly good scores.
Now if Ryse should some how gets a 9/10 I will keep my Xbox one order.

As someone who wants to play Ryse before anything else, I shall sum up how the scoring will go:

"The graphics in Ryse are some of the best you can buy on the console, and the arstistic design as a whole really does make your jaw drop at times. However, linear gameplay and a clunky combat system that gets repetitive after barely 10 minutes prevent this game from being anything more than a showpiece for the Xbox One- 7/10, 6/10, 65%, 6.5/10, 2.5stars, 71/100.

PS4- Fall 2014???
/16

ocelot07

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution

GaViN7UK wrote:
Now if Ryys should some how gets a 9/10 I will keep my Xbox one order.

I ant been on a XB1 forum today. But I would be not surprised is they where like omg lolz Knack got poop scores so did contrast lolz Indistation 4 fail. Then once the review score for XB1 games come out and if Ryse and Killer Instincts get a 5 or 6/10 they will be like REVIEW SCORES MEAN NOTING !!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]
/16

IIFatalshockII

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
IIFatalshockII
Accepted Solution

I'll save you the trouble Oce. Yes, I posted that Knack was getting killed by reviewers, which it is, but the response has mainly been "Yeah, I tried it. Wasn't very good". Nobody I can see is laughing at it. Rather the mood is a lot more about peace and goodwill right now in general. We have also covered the likeliness that Ryse will not fair much better, but that it's not going to stop those who want it from getting it. Likewise should the PS4 fans still buy Knack if they want it. It looks like a good time if you ask me. Not a long drawn out one, but a good time none the less.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

PS4- Fall 2014???
/16

ocelot07

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution

IIFatalshockII wrote:

I'll save you the trouble Oce. Yes, I posted that Knack was getting killed by reviewers, which it is, but the response has mainly been "Yeah, I tried it. Wasn't very good". Nobody I can see is laughing at it. Rather the mood is a lot more about peace and goodwill right now in general.

I am shocked. Am trying to stay away from the XB1 forums for a while. After the whole TOS thing the other day trying to explain it to 2 or 3 members over there really fried my brain. But yer I am generally shocked about that. The XB forums use to be a decent place until around E3.

0 Kudos

/16

IIFatalshockII

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
IIFatalshockII
Accepted Solution

ocelot07 wrote:

IIFatalshockII wrote:

I'll save you the trouble Oce. Yes, I posted that Knack was getting killed by reviewers, which it is, but the response has mainly been "Yeah, I tried it. Wasn't very good". Nobody I can see is laughing at it. Rather the mood is a lot more about peace and goodwill right now in general.

I am shocked. Am trying to stay away from the XB1 forums for a while. After the whole TOS thing the other day trying to explain it to 2 or 3 members over there really fried my brain. But yer I am generally shocked about that. The XB forums use to be a decent place until around E3.

Lofty, Rippen, Myself, and a few others are doing what we can to keep tempers down. Most of the PS4 hate speeches are in relation to 0G silver accounts coming in and saying "Yeah! Xbox One is awesome, Playstation sukerzz!" or defense of trolls saying things like "Make sure to buy a 720p Television lol lol lol!!!" But what you'll find particularly in this thread- http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/3817/p/1619940/4167579.aspx#4167579- are mature adults who are really just excited as hell for the next gen to start, and couldn't care less who prefers which console. We all just want to see the amazing new games, whatever platform they are coming on.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

PS4- Fall 2014???
/16

ocelot07

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the link. Will drop in when I can.

0 Kudos

/16

DemonicPrime

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DemonicPrime
Accepted Solution
The pressure's on for Sucker Punch to deliver with their new Infamous game. Otherwise, it'll end up just like how I used my ps3 within launch-year; I sparingly used it.
0 Kudos

/16

GaViN7UK

94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GaViN7UK
Accepted Solution

ocelot07 wrote:

GaViN7UK wrote:
Now if Ryys should some how gets a 9/10 I will keep my Xbox one order.

I ant been on a XB1 forum today. But I would be not surprised is they where like omg lolz Knack got poop scores so did contrast lolz Indistation 4 fail. Then once the review score for XB1 games come out and if Ryse and Killer Instincts get a 5 or 6/10 they will be like REVIEW SCORES MEAN NOTING !!!!!!!!!!!!

very true :)

I can't see Ryse getting over 6/10 as well, can see DR3 getting around the same as frame rate is meant to be really bad sometimes under 20fps. Only game I see getting around an 8 is forza5 .

Beta Tester
/16

utio

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
utio
Accepted Solution
I don't give a monkeys about review scores. Haven't read one on a long time.

/16
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yorkshire_Bourne
Accepted Solution
Other than knack its obvious which games were going to be the peoples choices regardless of most review scores.

I was only really interested in most games MP modes and they've reviewed rather well it seems from that perspective.

So as a multiplayer gamer, its KZ and BF4 all the way.

Regardless of Forza's X1 review score, it'll be garbage to me as I hate sim racers.

I just hope NFS Rivals turns out ok as I prefer arcade racers and its something my son can play.
0 Kudos

/16

thewoe

95%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thewoe
Accepted Solution
Im still ***** that the ps4 wont support 3D bluray.
0 Kudos

/16

rider1

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rider1
Accepted Solution
What disappoint me is a bit of built quality of the PS4. Even on a flat surface the console wobbles. Here's the unboxing video from Giant Bomb http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuSW2rOQGw4 Look when the PS4 is put on the table.
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel