42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

GTA V or PS4?

21 Replies 1,049 Views Created 01-08-2013

Ok, i am really looking forward to Ps4. I was thinking of selling my ps3 and all of its games in order to afford the ps4 and one or two games but as i am looking forward to GTA V as well and wouldnt be able to play it if i did that. I could get a Ps4 and GTA V but it would cost quite a bit more money as i couldnt fund it with the selling of my Ps3, plus i would have to wait a month or two to get the Ps4 (depending on the launch date).

So, what do i do? Get a Ps4 at launch with 2 great games and save a bit of money, but sacrifice my trusty Ps3 and GTA V 

or....

Get both and wait a while for ps4 and spend quite a bit more money?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
I'd keep your PS3 and get GTA V if I were you, then get a PS4 at a later date when you have the funds.

Re: GTA V or PS4?

/16

Agent_0114

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Agent_0114
Accepted Solution
I hot a feeling that rockstar have got simething bigbup there sleeve I think that they will announce gta v for ps4 at gamescom or after
My theory for this .... right peiple might think sane like you wait for ps4 get gta v first
Alot of people will not be able to afford ps4 so thy wilk stick with ps3 n get gta v now on other hand
If people know that gta v will come out on ps4 they might wait and rockstar will make millions
In theory gta 5 fir ps4 would be a big money maker
0 Kudos

/16

Bluez_2z

68%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Bluez_2z
Accepted Solution

Depends which one you want to play most. GTA V or the PS4. I'm sure GTA V will be coming to the PS4 at some point whether it be through Gaikai or not. GTA V looks to be a good game, so I'm going to hang on to my PS3. 

0 Kudos

http://www.youtube.com/user/BhcEntertainment
/16

ocelot07

98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution

You could always do what my friend done. He is a Xbox guy but is jumping over to the PS4 this year. So what he did was he sold his slim xbox 360 with a few games and got nearly £200 in GAME credit. He then bought a pre owned 60gb 360 console (old model) for £50 from game. Included a controller and 12 month warranty.

So all he plays now on his 360 is battlefield 3 and FIFA 13. These 2 will tide him over until GTA V. He will then buy GTA V on the 360 as cheap as possible. Play the hell out of that then once the PS4 comes out he will only have to fork out just a little over £200 on the PS4 and PS+. That way he gets to enjoy GTA V on a cheap Xbox 360 and at the same time have a new PS4 to play on as well.

0 Kudos

/16

KingKongRat

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KingKongRat
Accepted Solution
I sold my Xbox 360 slim and games which is my ps4 find. But I have dipped in to it for gta. I can make do without bf4 until January.
0 Kudos

/16

Reidzer-1314

96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Reidzer-1314
Accepted Solution

I cant see myself spending too much time on GTA V after I complete it so im quite happy to pick it up on lunch and then trade it toward my PS4 come release day.

0 Kudos

/16

ShineHunter

81%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ShineHunter
Accepted Solution

I never played any GTA game. Are you all in shocked!
I would find it really hard that Rockstar wouldn't bring this to the PS4. Wait till Gamescom 2013 then make your decision.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

arjanvirdi

57%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
arjanvirdi
Accepted Solution
i know rockstar is trying to trick us or something by putting it on ps3 but like 2 months later on ps4, but its ur chose take a risk
0 Kudos

/16

trey1411

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
trey1411
Accepted Solution
I was going to wait for gamescom but GAME recently said that if you want a console by launch time you have to pre order it before Monday
0 Kudos

/16
98%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PermanentlyAngry
Accepted Solution

trey1411 wrote:
I was going to wait for gamescom but GAME recently said that if you want a console by launch time you have to pre order it before Monday

Maybe sooner. It's Sony who believe that the UK's allocation of PS4's will dry up this weekend. As to GTA V, I'm not sure about it. Hear me out before you all organise a lynch mob. No doubt it'll be a technical marvel (certainly looks that way) but I fear it'll be just as monotonous as San Andreas was. With the city being nothing more than an interactive menu. I thought GTA IV did well to refocus back in again and not g off all over the shop at tangents. Choice is a good thing in games, but there is such a thing as too much choice. Plus with GTA I've felt all this choice has come at the price of slightly poor control mechanisms in the past.

Will I be getting GTA V? Probably, it's an 'event' isn't it. A bit like going to watch that summer blockbuster that's been in production for 5 years and everyone will say is awesome. You have to experience it for yourself. Would I hold off buying into the next gen for it though? Me personally? No. Besides, like others I have a sneaky suspicion it'll come to next-gen systems about the same time the PC gets it's port. Say 3 to 4 months later.

0 Kudos

/16

Safetytrousers

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Safetytrousers
Accepted Solution

PermanentlyAngry wrote:

) but I fear it'll be just as monotonous as San Andreas was. 

I can't argue that that is your opinion of it but it certainly wasn't monotonous for me. I loved it.

0 Kudos

/16

Carl-G

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Carl-G
Accepted Solution

I might pre-order my PS4 tomorrow :P So what i am thinking of doing is just play both the PS3 & the PS4(not at the same time tho) :D i.e i mean i will buy & play GTA5 but still play KZ-SF to etc etc & i need to buy & play R&C:N & B2Souls & GT6 & TLoU(still not had time to play it yet due to to much PS3 stuff to play) & RAiN etc etc...for the PS3, so it will be some play time on the PS3 & some playtime on the PS4... so the best of both worlds ;)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

HalStep

84%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HalStep
Accepted Solution

i'm not getting gta V until i know it's 100% not coming out on ps4,if it isn't i'll be getting it second hand or as cheapas possible anyway.if it does come out on ps4 then i'll probably get it on release.

i can understand people needing to sell their ps3's to get money for the ps4 but with there not being that many games that interest me for ps4 at the moment and with the need for ps+,hanging onto it and using the free ps3 games is a bit of a must for me.

and i'm convinced that gaikai will be a seperate sub and not part of ps+,unless they bring in a tier system.

0 Kudos

/16

ZiggyBoo1975

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ZiggyBoo1975
Accepted Solution
Normally I would have sold my ps3 6 months prior to ps4 coming out like I did before with ps2/ps3 but this time with gta v, beyond and Batman still to release I'm holding off until I've finished them.
0 Kudos

/16

AE-Twister-MC

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AE-Twister-MC
Accepted Solution
I'd buy GTA 5 and wait a little until you can get the PS4
0 Kudos

/16

tmcd35

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tmcd35
Accepted Solution
I'm happy to play GTA V on PS3, don't really care if it ever comes to PS4. Got the PS4 pre-ordered on Amazon. It arrives when it arrives.
0 Kudos

----
Blog: http://consolegamer.me
/16

Agent_0114

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Agent_0114
Accepted Solution
I just hope gta isnt a disappointment in end look at gta iv thy hyped it up n everone said it looked good n tht n it was good until u completed it and played online for few day but then got boring abit to me
Just hope gta v is lots better
0 Kudos

/16

GaViN7UK

94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GaViN7UK
Accepted Solution
I hope to plat GTA V before PS4 hits :)
If there is a PS4 version think it will be out sometime next year maybe with any DLC included.
0 Kudos

/16

Semaphia

97%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Semaphia
Accepted Solution

nVidia are claiming that GTA V is coming to PC later this year (which is unsurprising, as all GTA games have been on PC and it's where the franchise started). Here's the source :)

With the PS4/Xbone being so similar to PCs, I'd imagine there wouldn't be too much work involved in bringing the game to the next gen systems, while the games would certainly sell well.

So, maybe a glimmer of hope? :)

0 Kudos

/16

GeNeRaL-HunTeR

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GeNeRaL-HunTeR
Accepted Solution
Rockstar obviously want to try sell the game to you twice 1st on X360 or PS3 than they'll probably bring out the XB1 and PS4 with PC at the same time the make some extra cash hoping you'll purchase it again
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel