By SweatynReady47

SweatynReady47

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

MY TURTLE BEACH PX4'S WONT WORK WITH MY PS4?

51 Replies 40,687 Views Created 15-11-2013

So I purchased the px4's at midnight along with my ps4 as I was told they would work with the ps4 right out of the box but it turns out I may have been mislead. EVERY TIME I TRY TO PAIR THE PX4'S WITH THE CONSOLE I'M TOLD "cannot find a profile supported by the ps4". Is anybody else having this problem? I've followed the ps4/px4 pairing instructions straight from the turtle beach website and it still wont work.

Can anybody let me know what is going on? 

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

x-SourApple-x

93%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
x-SourApple-x
Accepted Solution
This is the European forums. You need the American forums here http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/

God, this is gonna go on for 2 weeks isn't it? Redirecting the Yanks :Lol:
0 Kudos

Re: MY TURTLE BEACH PX4'S WONT WORK WITH MY PS4?

MVP
/16

davum

• MVP
99%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
davum
Accepted Solution

Im gonna hide for 2 weeks if thats the case :Argh:

0 Kudos

https://www.youtube.com/BwolfTheWolf
/16

KALEEF

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KALEEF
Accepted Solution

The px4's don't pair with Bluetooth or use the chat cable, it connects with the optical for game sound, usb for power and chat i believe so do you have the 1.50 update?

http://www.turtlebeach.com/console-compatibility go here and pick PS4, then your headset then setup up diagram.

[ Edited ]

/16

SweatynReady47

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SweatynReady47
Accepted Solution

I do have the update and still no such luck. This is unbelievable. Hopefully the problem will be addressed when you guys get the console. 

0 Kudos

/16

lashape

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lashape
Accepted Solution
Same thing for me. I've to plug my ctrler with the headset. No Bluetooth setting available.
0 Kudos

Re : MY TURTLE BEACH PX4'S WONT WORK WITH MY PS4?

/16

mills7744

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mills7744
Accepted Solution

i thought the PX4s are the only ones that do work as Turtlebeach launched them for it?

0 Kudos

Re : MY TURTLE BEACH PX4'S WONT WORK WITH MY PS4?

/16

TheOne1Way

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheOne1Way
Accepted Solution
I just looked and my trittion ax180s that I bought a few years back work with my ps4! Ive been extreamly lucky as only like 8 ps3 headsets work with the ps4 and most of them are expensive wireless ones.
0 Kudos

/16

Tanden_Stoker

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tanden_Stoker
Accepted Solution
Astro a50s gonna work. So happy with that :D
0 Kudos

Join up at: www.grumpyoldgamers.co.uk
 photo goggif_zpsfae0e952.gif
/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
m34n_m4ch1n3_4TW
Accepted Solution

my px4 headset works like a charm. i have not had any problems whatsoever. it worked day one. all i had to do was connect it and turn on the headset and it automatically paired. the only thing you can't do is change the chat volume on ps4 because it connects through the controller, but the chat volume is perfect for me. many features and sound quality is excellent, love surround sound

0 Kudos

/16

lDarkSpherel

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lDarkSpherel
Accepted Solution

You don't pair the headset to the ps4, pair it to the transmitter box. It will work, everyone has been freaking out with this same issue lol because they keep trying to pair it to the PS4. So, first read the instruction to pair it to the transmitter that comes with it. Make sure you plug transmitter USB to the PS4 USB port. You will have enabled the PS4 sound with your headset.

(Sound that you would hear out from TV or entertainment center) 

To enable the mic for chat use the AUX cord provided to connect the headphone to the PS4 remote control. Kind of gay yes but until an update for it comes out, this is what beach turtle has :) 

Due to the fact that not everyone will have a headset right away, you won't find many people talking. 

Enjoy. Sound is amazing ;)

0 Kudos

/16

lDarkSpherel

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lDarkSpherel
Accepted Solution

p.S. you might have to buy an AUX cable cuz the one that comes with it might be faulty, mine was so I went n got a new cable to connect to the controller. 

0 Kudos

/16

Lafontaine357

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Lafontaine357
Accepted Solution
Px4 wont work is the chat cables move them around and it will work for seconds i guess they are ship-
0 Kudos

/16

Lafontaine357

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Lafontaine357
Accepted Solution
Px4 wont work is the chat cables move them around and it will work for seconds i guess they are ship
0 Kudos

/16

Lafontaine357

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Lafontaine357
Accepted Solution
Move in and out the cable thats is plug in in the controler it will work for seconds maybe is the controller port or the cable it hapen to me in 2 ps4 controllers
0 Kudos

/16

Godmx

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Godmx
Accepted Solution

Same here dude. I got mine at midnight and the damn thing doesn't work. Not sure if a update is going to fix this?

0 Kudos

/16

moonkey_01

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
moonkey_01
Accepted Solution

you only need to hook up the optical to the ps4 and press the "pair" button on the receiver and the turn the headsets on.  you don't need to pair with the ps4

0 Kudos

/16

Black_Gold_Fish

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Black_Gold_Fish
Accepted Solution
Hi.
Got the px4's at launch and they work great. Yes, need to use the provided cable to run from ear cup to controller but no cable to console is great.
The transmitter usb cable is for power only, so I ran mine to an usb outlet adaptor (not included). This keeps the USB ports on front of the console clean and available for charging your controller if need be. For this I also use a usb to outlet adaptor and keep a charge cable tucked near the sitting area. The controller cable is much too short to play while charging plugged into the console.
It is unlikely the px4 will ever support the blue tooth tech in this headset. (Although I wish they would). Just seems like it's running an incompatible version of not only software but hardware too for existing headset blueteeth. New headsets matching the bluetooth tech are in the works though...
You CAN adjust the chat volume coming through the cups but just not via the bluetooth chat volume adjust on the headset. It's not on the cable either like other wired sets.
On the ps4 - Setting/Devices/Audio Devices/Headset and Headphones/Volume Control (This is chat volume only if set that way! See below for further instruction).
The game volume in your headset is driven by the optical out from the ps4 to px4 and controlled via volume on the headset, not the ps4. The output of audio to the headset should be set to Chat only in ps4 settings - Settings/Sound and Screen/Audio Output Settings/Output to Headphones - Chat Only. If you select all, you will be putting all the game sounds through that little cable running from the controller and it will sound awful but will work.
The settings would have been clearer if they said audio out to controller or something...
Hope this helps!
0 Kudos

/16

FIREBALL23

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FIREBALL23
Accepted Solution
Ya im having the same problem
0 Kudos

/16

Herculleezz_

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Herculleezz_
Accepted Solution

You MUST make sure you have the settings configured properly!

Here is a link : http://www.turtlebeach.com/kb_upload/image/PS4-Connectivity-PX4.jpg

inb4 I've already seen that, it still doesnt work:

-Check that the cables are inserted properly. Contact TurtleBeach support if the problem continues. I recieved a pair today, they work fine, completely wireless.

0 Kudos

/16

tobykim

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tobykim
Accepted Solution

You have to go to the PS4 sound settings and set it up as indicated inthe Turtle beach FAQ. I'm on my PC upstairs so I do not have the exact link. From what I am reading, we never pair to the PS4. That is why that does not work. I only have instrunctions (in the box) for PS3 and I guess that is different. It should come paired out of the box with the transmitter. If it is not paired, then there are instructions on how to pair it back to the transmitter on the FAQ.

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel