85%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PS4 Trophies

41 Replies 4,753 Views Created 03-03-2013
Does anyone have information on how our trophies will be handled when moving over from PS3 to PS4?

I'm hoping I can delete games from my trophy list that I didn't play but just tried, the ones I have like 1%.
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Plugpin

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Plugpin
Accepted Solution
Doubt we'll find that out till release, its not really ground breaking, console defining news lol.

If the PS4 let's you keep your current PSN account then it'll probably keep a record, which would be nice but I won't lose any sleep over it.
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 Trophies

SPLITTERS!!JOIN THE REVOLUCION
/16

Chuk_Chuk

77%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Chuk_Chuk
Accepted Solution
I hope they separate them, would be nice to start a fresh.

You can't save time only spend it.
Sneeze
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

Chuk_Chuk wrote:

I completely agree. 

Plus I dont see the point in PS4 having all your PS3 trophies/level when it wont even play the games, doesn't make sense :|

New console, new start for everyone :Thumbs:

0 Kudos

/16

Squidooer

98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Squidooer
Accepted Solution

ytevo79 wrote:

Chuk_Chuk wrote:

I completely agree. 

Plus I dont see the point in PS4 having all your PS3 trophies/level when it wont even play the games, doesn't make sense :|

I completely disagree. I doubt that many would want a fresh start ... and there is nothing stopping anyone having a fresh start, just start a new account.

And if you think having a fresh start will put you on an even footing with everyone else you are greatly mistaken. There will be account sharers, glitchers and cheaters that would make a new system as meaningless as it is now.

Discarding your current trophy score adds another nail in the coffin of no backward compatibility, what is there left to keep your loyalty to the Playstation brand. You may as well get a different console altogether if you have to completely start from scratch with everything.

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

Squidooer wrote:

ytevo79 wrote:

Chuk_Chuk wrote:

I completely agree. 

There will be account sharers, glitchers and cheaters that would make a new system as meaningless as it is now.

Those sorts of people wont be on my friends list though now will they. I know my friends reasonably well and they earn their trophies like I do. I couldn't care lest for cheaters anyway, leave them to it. As long as I know my trophies are my own and was obtained fairly, that is all that matters.

So if I do chose to start from scratch whereas my friends don't, then I will be feel left behind. But I'll also feel its fair as 1. Its a new console. 2 it plays new games and 3 I just prefer it if that's how it was and for everyone.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Squidooer

98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Squidooer
Accepted Solution

But that is just selfish, you want every one to loose all their trophies just cos you want to be on equal footing with them.

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

But last gen trophies on a next gen console are meaningless, especially one without BC is even less!

''Oh look at my PS4 profile, a gazillion trophies on my first day! Buy they are all from last gen games though'' :|

I'm not being selfish. I just feel that, without BC out of the box then our PS3 profiles are worthless on PS4. Lets move on with the times, out with the old and in with the new.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Squidooer

98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Squidooer
Accepted Solution

Ahhh ... but the PS Vita is compatible with PS4 and that has trophies ... So you are expecting that Vita owners should also loose all the trophies if they buy a PS4, that just will not happen and I doubt Sony will put in the effort just to delete PS3 trophies.

What I could see happening though is a system where you can view trophies from a particular platform, ie just view your PS4 trophies, or Vita trophies.

0 Kudos

/16

Enzo-Amata

85%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Enzo-Amata
Accepted Solution

I agree that it's possible trophies will start back at zero for the PS4 but there might be a way to have a look back at what levels one has reached on the other platforms.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

xLew--

• Beta Tester
97%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xLew--
Accepted Solution
ill probably sell my vitra if i have to make a new account, as id have to wipe my memory card to use it or buy a new one! yeah right..... id rather trade it in then keep spending out and switching all the time
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

xLew--

• Beta Tester
97%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xLew--
Accepted Solution
doubt you will be able to delete any 1% trophy lists as you have gained trophies, hopefully they can remove the 0%'s as youve not gained any.

people saying about a fresh start, why not make a new account? others want to keep our names and carry on with them, or be able to name change with all progress on our accounts still intact
0 Kudos

/16

Enzo-Amata

85%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Enzo-Amata
Accepted Solution
I agree. I think it would be a mistake to force people to start again, I understand trophies don't have any value but they do give you some kind of reference when meeting another player as to how much they play and how dedicated they might be by their level and the amount of Platinums they've gained. I'm hoping for a way to possibly change names but maintain/clean up the trophies I already got.

/16

Chuk_Chuk

77%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Chuk_Chuk
Accepted Solution
I don't mean they should wipe our trophy counts, instead i would prefer it if you can see how many trophies a person has earned on the PS4, and then an expanded overview that shows total trophies collected over the different platforms.

Sneeze
/16

Enzo-Amata

85%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Enzo-Amata
Accepted Solution
Vita trophies show up with a Vita tag so it would be safe to assume that they could do the same when moving to the PS4.

I was wondering if there were any blog posts about how they'll handle the move to PS4 and if trophies were mentioned.

/16

Chuk_Chuk

77%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Chuk_Chuk
Accepted Solution
Probably will be revealed at E3.
0 Kudos

Sneeze
/16
85%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
English-Maverick
Accepted Solution

i'd love to be able to delete the games from my trophy list that i have no trophies for, there are loads and so annoying lol

0 Kudos

/16

BigMoab

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BigMoab
Accepted Solution

No point in keeping old trophies when there is new games... If there is no BC then why should gamers keep their old trophies. PS4 is all about starting from scratch. If we are going to keep opld trophies I would expect to have BC so we can carry on collecting the trophies from that game, since there is no BC then whats the point in the old trophies?

0 Kudos

photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
/16

ocelot07

96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution

BigMoab wrote:

No point in keeping old trophies when there is new games... If there is no BC then why should gamers keep their old trophies. PS4 is all about starting from scratch. If we are going to keep opld trophies I would expect to have BC so we can carry on collecting the trophies from that game, since there is no BC then whats the point in the old trophies?

Am not sure if am losing it. But am pretty sure Sony said you can stream PS3 games on the PS4 via Gaikai. So you will be able to play PS3 games that way and earn trophies.

You earn Achievements on onlive so I don't see why you can earn trophies via steaming PS3 games via Gaikai.

/16

BigMoab

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BigMoab
Accepted Solution

ocelot07 wrote:

BigMoab wrote:

Am not sure if am losing it. But am pretty sure Sony said you can stream PS3 games on the PS4 via Gaikai. So you will be able to play PS3 games that way and earn trophies.

You earn Achievements on onlive so I don't see why you can earn trophies via steaming PS3 games via Gaikai.

Possibly, yeah. I just think that PS4 will be a fresh new start for everyone. Thinking about it, people will still want their PS3 accounts for the PS4 so perhaps the trophies can still be displayed but can't collect anymore? I'm not even sure if they will let us keep our PS3 accounts, haven't really read much into PS4 yet, need more info really.

0 Kudos

photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
/16

ocelot07

96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution

Of course where going to be using our current PSN accounts. PS Vita uses current PSN account and since the Vita is going to play a big part during the PS4's life it would be completely crazy if they make us all change to a new account system or what ever.

So what about PS Vita owners are they going to have to ditch there current PS Vita accounts so they can use there vita with the PS4? Hell no Sony know that would lose them a lot of PS4 sales. Trophies are nice to collect but they don't mean much to me. However a lot of people love trophies and spend hours and hours collecting them. They won't be happy they have to start a fresh and Sony know this as well.

I am 100% sure we will be able to use our current PSN accounts on the PS4.

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel