Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 36

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

10 Nov 2013
By TraPpGirrl

TraPpGirrl

  • Offline
25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

47 Replies 20,398 Views Created 10-11-2013

I have done a fair amount of research on this topic and I have yet to find a concrete answer even after reading the FAQ Sony has released. It is my understanding that the Pulse Elite headsets will work after the 1.5 launch day patch? Is this true? Thanks in advance for any info!

Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
05
/16

GraphiteGB

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Thats Wrong still.

The FAQ specificly state that they won't work after firmware 1.5 patch...

Only Third party USB headsets will...

 

This is because the USB dongle they use is not a gerneric USB RF dongle. Its a locked down SCEA payed for design dongle. the headset requires the hardware to run the Game audio to USB using SCEA designed Coding to send the Virtual 5.1 audio to the headset...

 

You will have to wait longer for it to be supported. 

 

There is also no date for the PS4 version of the pulse manager app..

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

[ Edited ]
SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Free Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
05
/16

ShineHunter

  • Offline
81%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ShineHunter
Accepted Solution

Is this true above because I read you could.

 

USBYESWill be compatible following system software version 1.50.
* After the update, most commercially available USB headsets will be compatible.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

[ Edited ]
02
/16

TEX-S_27

  • Offline
22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TEX-S_27
Accepted Solution

why do you lie.  i have the pulse headphones i have a ps4 i did the 1.50 update. DEVICE NOT SUPPORTED!! STOP SPREADING LIES MORON

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

03
/16

matthawes

  • Offline
96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
matthawes
Accepted Solution
Maybe I'll wait a bit then.lol I was thinking about buying the Sony wireless stereo headset as I do have a PS3. I'll wait to make sure it is made compatible with the PS4 before buying. I've already got a set of TB P11's which have been confirmed by TB to work out of the box with the PS4. I'll just stick with those for the time being.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

Beta Tester
05
/16

GraphiteGB

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

matthawes wrote:
Maybe I'll wait a bit then.lol I was thinking about buying the Sony wireless stereo headset as I do have a PS3. I'll wait to make sure it is made compatible with the PS4 before buying. I've already got a set of TB P11's which have been confirmed by TB to work out of the box with the PS4. I'll just stick with those for the time being.

P11won't give you manual controll of the game audio with out the RCA connection. 

The PS4 will controll both the mic volume and game audio via the GUI menus...

If thats all you what then that will be fine for you...

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Free Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
03
/16

matthawes

  • Offline
96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
matthawes
Accepted Solution

GraphiteGB wrote:

matthawes wrote:
Maybe I'll wait a bit then.lol I was thinking about buying the Sony wireless stereo headset as I do have a PS3. I'll wait to make sure it is made compatible with the PS4 before buying. I've already got a set of TB P11's which have been confirmed by TB to work out of the box with the PS4. I'll just stick with those for the time being.

P11won't give you manual controll of the game audio with out the RCA connection. 

The PS4 will controll both the mic volume and game audio via the GUI menus...

If thats all you what then that will be fine for you...

 


I tend to playing racing games so don't really mess around with volumes mid-game.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

02
/16

RockGotti

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RockGotti
Accepted Solution
Im happy to wait for full support

Just got them yesterday from Argos.. £72

AMAZING headphones
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

02
/16

Redrikin

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Redrikin
Accepted Solution

Thats a great price, I paid about £90 at Asda. They are so good I am prepared to wait also, got them for games but they are the best headphones for music I`ve heard.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

Nostalgia ....its not what it used to be
02
/16

x__L3G3ND6

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
x__L3G3ND6
Accepted Solution

I got the GTA V edition for £150 at GAME would have had them cheaper somewhere else but used in store credit. They're still unopened just waiting for the PS4.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

02
/16

SlainE_PL

  • Offline
22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SlainE_PL
Accepted Solution
Totally agree. I've paid £72 In Argos. The best headphones I've ever had. I've discovered music again.
They are perfect as a headset as well on my ps3. Now just waiting for ps4 support. I hope that update will be out before UK lunch.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

02
/16

cnx2022

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cnx2022
Accepted Solution

What the hell is wrong with SONY? They freaking said all headsets would be supported at E3, and now they come with this load of ***** about it not supporting certain headsets. 

Now, in their FAQ they said an update would come, but that is not a contract. If they decide they will not support those Pulse Elite they can simply do it, since millions are already buying their console. They can just come out and say that they will only support a new PS4 SONY headset. What utter bull*****. 

 

Why don't they just come out and announce it oficcially? Makes me doubt them so bad!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

03
/16

matthawes

  • Offline
96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
matthawes
Accepted Solution

cnx2022 wrote:

What the hell is wrong with SONY? They freaking said all headsets would be supported at E3, and now they come with this load of ***** about it not supporting certain headsets. 

Now, in their FAQ they said an update would come, but that is not a contract. If they decide they will not support those Pulse Elite they can simply do it, since millions are already buying their console. They can just come out and say that they will only support a new PS4 SONY headset. What utter bull*****. 

 

Why don't they just come out and announce it oficcially? Makes me doubt them so bad!


Hence why I'm not buying a Pulse headset until the Sony update the PS4 to support them.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

02
/16

RockGotti

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RockGotti
Accepted Solution

SlainE_PL wrote:
Totally agree. I've paid £72 In Argos. The best headphones I've ever had. I've discovered music again.
They are perfect as a headset as well on my ps3. Now just waiting for ps4 support. I hope that update will be out before UK lunch.

 

 

I got them at same price, was too good an offer to pass up. Terrific headphones.. love them already

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

02
/16

DigitalRen3gade

  • Offline
24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DigitalRen3gade
Accepted Solution

Can we get a response from someone in the 'know' about this?  I was under the impression that these would work after 1.5 update... it still says 'device not supported'.  When can we expect a fix for this?

 

They are ok plugged into the headphone jack on the controller but we cant use any of the extra functionality of the headset this way.. i might as well plug in a pair of beats or ear buds...

 

SONY!?!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

02
/16

x__L3G3ND6

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
x__L3G3ND6
Accepted Solution

They do work, Just not by USB. Plug them into your controller, it's not the best quality but it should do.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

06
/16

ocelot07

  • Offline
96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution

TEX-S_27 wrote:

why do you lie.  i have the pulse headphones i have a ps4 i did the 1.50 update. DEVICE NOT SUPPORTED!! STOP SPREADING LIES MORON


 

 

Now is there really need for name calling? You do realise your on a European forum right? Not the US forums. I would call you a idiot but I am bigger than that.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

02
/16

MullyMagic

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MullyMagic
Accepted Solution
No they won't, just 3rd party usb headsets I think. They will be sorted out eventually but there is no date yet.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

Games,Movies, Music, Life, it's all good.

Psn: MullyMagic
Beta Tester
05
/16

GraphiteGB

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

MullyMagic wrote:
No they won't, just 3rd party usb headsets I think. They will be sorted out eventually but there is no date yet.

 

Yep...

Will Wireless Stereo Headset and PULSE wireless stereo headset, which are currently sold for the PS3 system, work on the PS4 system at launch? What about other wireless headsets?
The PS4 system will support the Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset and Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset following an upcoming PS4 system software update. Existing wireless headsets from third-party companies that use a Bluetooth connection will not be supported on the PS4 system, though most existing headsets that connect via USB will be supported following PS4 system software update 1.50.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

[ Edited ]
SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Free Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
05
/16

ShineHunter

  • Offline
81%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ShineHunter
Accepted Solution

GraphiteGB wrote:

MullyMagic wrote:
No they won't, just 3rd party usb headsets I think. They will be sorted out eventually but there is no date yet.

 

Yep...

Will Wireless Stereo Headset and PULSE wireless stereo headset, which are currently sold for the PS3 system, work on the PS4 system at launch? What about other wireless headsets?
The PS4 system will support the Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset and Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset following an upcoming PS4 system software update. Existing wireless headsets from third-party companies that use a Bluetooth connection will not be supported on the PS4 system, though most existing headsets that connect via USB will be supported following PS4 system software update 1.50.


Where was the source of this? 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

03
/16

KidHypeTellem

  • Offline
77%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KidHypeTellem
Accepted Solution

ShineHunter wrote:

GraphiteGB wrote:

MullyMagic wrote:
No they won't, just 3rd party usb headsets I think. They will be sorted out eventually but there is no date yet.

 

Yep...

Will Wireless Stereo Headset and PULSE wireless stereo headset, which are currently sold for the PS3 system, work on the PS4 system at launch? What about other wireless headsets?
The PS4 system will support the Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset and Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset following an upcoming PS4 system software update. Existing wireless headsets from third-party companies that use a Bluetooth connection will not be supported on the PS4 system, though most existing headsets that connect via USB will be supported following PS4 system software update 1.50.


Where was the source of this? 


 

In the FAQ

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel