Teesside-1979

80%
02 Rank
Progress

PSH in 2014?

20 Replies 1,105 Views Created 18-03-2013
18 Mar 2013
By Teesside-1979

I heard rumours last week that PSH is going in February 2014 i apologise if this topic has been brought up before any Moderators have any news about it?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mh637099

80%
08 Rank
Progress
mh637099
Accepted Solution
I hope not.

Re: PSH in 2014?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheMiitch

80%
02 Rank
Progress
TheMiitch
Accepted Solution

What's a PSH?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mh637099

80%
08 Rank
Progress
mh637099
Accepted Solution
PlayStation Home
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
99%
07 Rank
Progress
PermanentlyAngry
Accepted Solution

Honestly, I think it's about time. It is never going to achieve what Sony wanted it too. It has been a drain on resources from day 1 and has never lived up to its billing. I'm sure there will be people sad to see it go. I just don't know any of them.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RONNYNS

92%
06 Rank
Progress
RONNYNS
Accepted Solution
get rid of that crap we need a icon for defjam rapstar on the xmb instead. like singstar that was awesome.
0 Kudos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

hjm50

90%
04 Rank
Progress
hjm50
Accepted Solution

For someone that uses Home on a regular basis I believe what your saying is utter bullcrap. Sony will continue to support Home when PS4 drops and it may move to it after a few more years, hopefully out of its current beta state.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Signiture here

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution

hjm50 wrote:

For someone that uses Home on a regular basis I believe what your saying is utter bullcrap. Sony will continue to support Home when PS4 drops and it may move to it after a few more years, hopefully out of its current beta state.

I like a good old bash on Home as well but don't you think your sentiments carry a little bit of delusion and bias? "I love Home and use it alot therefore Sony will continue to support Home and it has a future" doesn't really sit well with outsiders.

Let's be honest here - it does what we want it to do but carries heaps of social stigma outside of it's tight knit circles. It's not a cheap beast to run, either. If you're comparing it to say SecondLife which has less costs, it runs into tens of millions of USD annually. Considering Sony makes its money through royalties, partneship fees, promotions and ad-marketing ventures on Home it's really hard to believe all that drives in the more-than-likely large 8 figure sum needed to keep it going. Let's not forget all the years it was in R&D, all the money spent promoting it when all the content was still free and then some.

I'm not saying the end is nigh exactly, I'm just saying it's sooner than you think and it won't carry over. Why would it? It's not profitable, it would have to be adapted (more costs) and the PS4's new social functions seems to do everything Home was SUPPOSED to do! Why have 2 social systems in place? There's also the new chat service for Vita.

TLDR verdict: Sony will see out Home at least on the PS3 for a little whilebut it's got no long term future. I am someone who lost my "home" on another virtual world and know how easy it is to comfort yourself in the ideology that a loyal fanbase somehow magics everything better for a (slowly) failing, or low profiting app. To the hardcore Homeys doing this I say "WAKE UP!", enjoy Home while it's here and live with complacency in the fact it might not be here tomorrow. If you don't start doing this now you'll only end up very heartbroken and making silly threads about it in the future. Nothing is forever.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KrazyFace

98%
08 Rank
Progress
KrazyFace
Accepted Solution
I see what you're saying Ed, and I know that what you're saying might be the case for Home once the PS4's social side hits its stride, but I have a little narky voice that keeps saying there's every possibility that Sony will use part of Gaikai to stream it onto the PS4. Home is a very odd beast, those who've never been in talk about it like they're reporting for The Daily Mail and those who've been a part of it since day 1 seem to defend it with their life. It certainly generates a very extreme yes or no discussion whenever the subject is raised in various gaming threads. I've heard just as extreme "statistics" about its user-base numbers too; some say it has millions of registered users, others say it only has a few thousand regular users and no one seems to know how strong (or weak) the thing is at all. The only people who might even shed a slither of light onto the whole thing is Sony themselves, and guess what, they ain't talkin'! You'd think every Sony employee had been trained in SAS style how-to-keep-your-trap-shut lessons or something.

I'm not saying it WILL be streamed to the PS4, or that it's doomed to obscurity in the next few years. But given the rumors of what Gaikai is and can do, I'd say there's every possibility that Home may live on in the PS4's era. I'm not a FB fan, and I don't use many other social networks personally (it's the flat, boringness of the typical web-page that gets me) so I'm one of the few who's hoping Home will keep going, not just for the crazyness of the place, but the fact that (even in regarding things like Second Life) there really is no other social network like it anywhere else out there.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution
It's one of a kind and I'd like to see it transition over :) I'm ever the pessimist though and prepared for the worst.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Teesside-1979

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Teesside-1979
Accepted Solution

You got a problem with me using PSH on a regular basis? just to correct you & everyone on these forums im not on PSH 24/7 i do have something called a life unlike the Snotty PSN users that get a buzz out of getting the last word the Moderators have nothing better to do than tell me off  

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Nakatsu_Hime

• Beta Tester
94%
06 Rank
Progress
Nakatsu_Hime
Accepted Solution
Probably not, but you seem to have a constant problem with everyone else that uses it.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution

Teesside-1979 wrote:

You got a problem with me using PSH on a regular basis? just to correct you & everyone on these forums im not on PSH 24/7 i do have something called a life unlike the Snotty PSN users that get a buzz out of getting the last word the Moderators have nothing better to do than tell me off  

Could have fooled us!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

utio

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
utio
Accepted Solution
It'd be sad to see it go. I don't use it very often, but when I go on, there's lots of people on it.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IrishViper1

96%
05 Rank
Progress
IrishViper1
Accepted Solution
Home was good as a fad but its the most boring app on earth , however they gave it a good try and the initial concept was good.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KrazyFace

98%
08 Rank
Progress
KrazyFace
Accepted Solution
Heh heh, yeah Ed, if you expect the worst scenario then you'll never be disappointed eh.

@Irish Viper, I guess you can gauge how boring Home is on who you speak to and what you speak to them about. Same as any other social network surely? Personally, I have an app for doing percentages that I'd say is way more boring than Home. ; )
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IrishViper1

96%
05 Rank
Progress
IrishViper1
Accepted Solution
I liked home before it was released , you could walk around for hours and meet no one,happy days.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
I think home on the PS4 being being heavily integrated with the social side of things could be pretty awesome. Not to mention if it had the full array of things like being able to launch EVERY game from within.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KrazyFace

98%
08 Rank
Progress
KrazyFace
Accepted Solution
LOL! Viper, I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark here and guess you're not really what they'd call a "people person"? Either that or the term social network means something very different to you...
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IrishViper1

96%
05 Rank
Progress
IrishViper1
Accepted Solution
I'm not a fan of people,As I find the more people I meet in life the worse they seem to get.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xSeNSaTioN-_

80%
02 Rank
Progress
xSeNSaTioN-_
Accepted Solution

I quite like it for going on and playing pool very occasionally, but as a hub it's pointless in my opinion. I never saw groups of people meeting in the Warhawk lobby and all jumping into a game or anything like that. Good idea but wasted.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel