26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Paying for online for ps4

53 Replies 2,379 Views Created 23-06-2013
I am not the best speller sorry for any words i messed up on.Why do people keep getting mad for havein to pay for online theres goodd sides to it like better psn security and they might have the money to pay game companys for early dlc content and they will be avable to do a lot more i think this is a good move for sony.
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Spirit0fLight

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Spirit0fLight
Accepted Solution
Simple Reason - People got used to it being free....

I'm sure there was a similar backlash when Xbox introduced it.... It'll pass.

Re: Paying for online for ps4

/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution
In a year or two this sort of conversation will cease to exist. We've had it good for years, nothing last forever.
0 Kudos

RONNYNS

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RONNYNS
Accepted Solution
it is not a good move to force people into paying for something they don't want. giving a choice like we have with the ps3 is a good move. i am not interested in the rent games ps+ offer or its other services. i buy my game on disc because i want to own them. i am only interested in playing online, games of today have no dedicated servers they are p2p and you use your own bandwidth. i should be able to experience the full game when i pay 60 dollars for it. it is as simple as that...

i guess a lot of people got blinded by the e3 show of sony, when ms was the bad guy that threaten the whole gaming hobby with drm. but ms have done a 180 u-turn on the drm. so what happen now is that ms have it like they have had it with their x360. and it is now sony that have put down restrictions and put online gaming behind a pay wall.. it is not right.

0 Kudos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

/16

liamnash07

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
liamnash07
Accepted Solution

The simple thing to do is, if you don't like it, don't get it. Nobody is forcing you to. 

0 Kudos

/16

RONNYNS

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RONNYNS
Accepted Solution

liamnash07 wrote:

The simple thing to do is, if you don't like it, don't get it. Nobody is forcing you to. 

yes that is excatly what is gonna happen, people may just go elsewhere to do their gaming or be fench sitters and keep their ps3. sony would had packed a better punch at launch if the have had it like they had on the ps3. buying a ps4 at launce for me is out of question, i will just stick with my ps3 for now..

0 Kudos

----
----

/16

liamnash07

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
liamnash07
Accepted Solution

Yes maybe, but there wouldn't be features such as cross game chat and the servers may not be as good. I for one do not mind paying £40 a year for that and getting all the discounts and free games. 

Like I said, the simple thing to do is, if you don't like it, don't get it. Nobody is forcing you to. Which is what you are doing. 

0 Kudos

/16

BigMoab

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BigMoab
Accepted Solution

RONNYNS wrote:
it is not a good move to force people into paying for something they don't want. giving a choice like we have with the ps3 is a good move. i am not interested in the rent games ps+ offer or its other services. i buy my game on disc because i want to own them. i am only interested in playing online, games of today have no dedicated servers they are p2p and you use your own bandwidth. i should be able to experience the full game when i pay 60 dollars for it. it is as simple as that...

i guess a lot of people got blinded by the e3 show of sony, when ms was the bad guy that threaten the whole gaming hobby with drm. but ms have done a 180 u-turn on the drm. so what happen now is that ms have it like they have had it with their x360. and it is now sony that have put down restrictions and put online gaming behind a pay wall.. it is not right.

I was never interested in PS+ as well. I always buy disc and my Internet is just too bad to download some of the bigger games that come with the pay service. I did like the fact it was optional and with PS+ supposedly being popular now I was first shocked at the news as to why they would charge if it was doing so well. Obviously now I just deal with it and cannot wait for the PS4 to arrive but as long as I see my money going to a better future for Sony Online and it's services then I am very happy, I would like to see Sony do well so hopefully I can do my bit for the company.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
 photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
/16

RONNYNS

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RONNYNS
Accepted Solution

BigMoab wrote:

RONNYNS wrote:

I was never interested in PS+ as well. I always buy disc and my Internet is just too bad to download some of the bigger games that come with the pay service. I did like the fact it was optional and with PS+ supposedly being popular now I was first shocked at the news as to why they would charge if it was doing so well. Obviously now I just deal with it and cannot wait for the PS4 to arrive but as long as I see my money going to a better future for Sony Online and it's services then I am very happy, I would like to see Sony do well so hopefully I can do my bit for the company.

i have no problem with supporting sony but it would be nice to see this future, at least some bits of it first. i would also like to have choice to support it if i want to or not.

the xbots have been paying ms for years for a service that was not better than psn, and what future was they promised?... a future of draconian drm hell.

also remember that nintento and pc valves steam do fine with free online gaming and give good online service. i believe sony can do the same without putting basic online gaming behind a pay wall. 

0 Kudos

----
----

/16

BigMoab

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BigMoab
Accepted Solution

RONNYNS wrote:

BigMoab wrote:

RONNYNS wrote:

i have no problem with supporting sony but it would be nice to see this future, at least some bits of it first. i would also like to have choice to support it if i want to or not.

the xbots have been paying ms for years for a service that was not better than psn, and what future was they promised?... a future of draconian drm hell.

also remember that nintento and pc valves steam do fine with free online gaming and give good online service. i believe sony can do the same without putting basic online gaming behind a pay wall. 

I understand your views, I think Sony will need to invest quite alot of money before the PS4 comes out to make the online service a better one whilst gaining money from the PS+ they can then later on improve on things. I have no idea what Xbox Live was really like because I have never owned one and have never played an Xbox for longer than 10 minutes tbh. I play PC games as well but if I'm honest, I'm not in a postion to talk about why most PC games are still F2P and why consoles are going towards the pay for everything. Someone else may be able to add to the matter. All I know now is that I have to pay to play but it is a yearly payment and I will say again, I hope my money goes to good use and be able to notice.

0 Kudos

photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
Award Winner
/16

hayzink

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hayzink
Accepted Solution
I'm love my ps3 more than i ever did my Xbox but i can't agree that xbl is just the same as psn.

Xbl was more reliable and in multi format games i seemed to connect faster and seemed to have less lag when I played some games.

0 Kudos

/16

Pr0M3th31s

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pr0M3th31s
Accepted Solution

I'm an xbox gamer looking to move over to PS4. I currently have the gold family subscription on xbox live that gives me 4 accounts for just less than the cost of 2.

Will playstation be doing something like that? My family has 3 xbox 360s and 4 accounts that use them. Family subscription works out good value, I don't want to be paying $200 a year. Switching over to PS3 is a massive and expensive thing to me, can't afford to buy 3 PS4s in one go but would still like a family subscription to work on just the first box I buy.

All help much appreciated.

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

Pr0M3th31s wrote:

I'm an xbox gamer looking to move over to PS4. I currently have the gold family subscription on xbox live that gives me 4 accounts for just less than the cost of 2.

Will playstation be doing something like that? My family has 3 xbox 360s and 4 accounts that use them. Family subscription works out good value, I don't want to be paying $200 a year. Switching over to PS3 is a massive and expensive thing to me, can't afford to buy 3 PS4s in one go but would still like a family subscription to work on just the first box I buy.

All help much appreciated.

one ps+ account is needed to be on the console for all too access online multiplayer.

Microsoft are changing to one gold accout on the xbox for all to access multiplayer  as well hence the family plan has been discontinued

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

Pr0M3th31s

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pr0M3th31s
Accepted Solution
So, if I just have one PS4 console, 4 unique accounts on that machine could go on PSN+?

But if I have 2 PS4s I would have to buy two PSN+ subscriptions?

I used to think Microsoft were mean and greedy by requiring payment for each gamer tag when it was a family sharing one machine, but at least with the family subscription it means you can split it over different machines.

Surely Sony can see the benefit of this? Like I said before my family has 3 xboxs but 4 accounts, if I have to buy 4 separate full price subscriptions it could be a deal breaker for me.

If Sony want to attract xbox users, families that have been using a system for years, have built up a big gamer score, achievements and have lots of friends on that network, they should do something to bring them over.

As head of the family I have spent literally thousands of pounds on xbox over the years and my custom could swing over to Sony, but not if they don't give something to family gamers.
0 Kudos

/16
98%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PermanentlyAngry
Accepted Solution

Pr0M3th31s wrote:
So, if I just have one PS4 console, 4 unique accounts on that machine could go on PSN+?

But if I have 2 PS4s I would have to buy two PSN+ subscriptions?

I used to think Microsoft were mean and greedy by requiring payment for each gamer tag when it was a family sharing one machine, but at least with the family subscription it means you can split it over different machines.

Surely Sony can see the benefit of this? Like I said before my family has 3 xboxs but 4 accounts, if I have to buy 4 separate full price subscriptions it could be a deal breaker for me.

If Sony want to attract xbox users, families that have been using a system for years, have built up a big gamer score, achievements and have lots of friends on that network, they should do something to bring them over.

As head of the family I have spent literally thousands of pounds on xbox over the years and my custom could swing over to Sony, but not if they don't give something to family gamers.

No because your account can be active on multiple PS3's and I assume PS4's. At the moment you can have your account active on two PS3's at the same time. I'm hoping this is the same for PS4, as our household has pretty much two of every system.

0 Kudos

/16

Pr0M3th31s

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pr0M3th31s
Accepted Solution

OK, so if I had 2 PS4s in the same house I could still just pay the one subscription?

To be honest one of my sons doesn't even live with us and I currently pay his xbox live as part of the family subscription but he can pay his own way if PS4 limit it to two consoles but unlimit the accounts.

0 Kudos

/16
98%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PermanentlyAngry
Accepted Solution

Pr0M3th31s wrote:

OK, so if I had 2 PS4s in the same house I could still just pay the one subscription?

To be honest one of my sons doesn't even live with us and I currently pay his xbox live as part of the family subscription but he can pay his own way if PS4 limit it to two consoles but unlimit the accounts.

As far as I'm aware the consoles don't have to be in the same house. I have a friend online who spends time between London and Madrid for work. I know in his flat in Madrid he leaves a PS3 and has his account on that one, and on his PS3 at home in London... and yes, I am sorta jealous of him for getting to live half the time in sunny Madrid!!!

0 Kudos

/16

ReaperXIII062

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ReaperXIII062
Accepted Solution

i see a lot of you ppl are just brushing the issue aside with the same response "if you dont like it dont get it"

,but the issue is there are ppl like me who cant afford to pay for extra online stuff cable companies at least where i live charge an arm an a leg for internet and cable i can bearly pay those monthly reason why i never bought an xbox and on top of that i dont really care much for games that come out for nintendo because it is a system that only has 3 games i like mario zelda and super smash the very reason i didnt buy it either now if playstation starts to make online something i have to pay i just wont pay ill just play the games story and be done with it. the second option i have is use my pc download games for pc and cut out ps4 altogether which is what might happen altogether. no matter how nice a server maybe ps was running just fine with free servers if u want better servers then put it as an option where u pay but dont force ppl to pay for somthing that was free and on top of this you cant even carry over game you bought on your psn account they can turn it and twist but at the end of the raod this stuff is just data and if its data it should work just fine on the ps4 like it did on the ps3. i as a customer that have been loyal to ps since it begun feel taken advantge of and its not right that we the loyal customer must be exploited like this.

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

davum

• MVP
97%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
davum
Accepted Solution

ReaperXIII062 wrote:

i see a lot of you ppl are just brushing the issue aside with the same response "if you dont like it dont get it"

,but the issue is there are ppl like me who cant afford to pay for extra online stuff cable companies at least where i live charge an arm an a leg for internet and cable i can bearly pay those monthly reason why i never bought an xbox and on top of that i dont really care much for games that come out for nintendo because it is a system that only has 3 games i like mario zelda and super smash the very reason i didnt buy it either now if playstation starts to make online something i have to pay i just wont pay ill just play the games story and be done with it. the second option i have is use my pc download games for pc and cut out ps4 altogether which is what might happen altogether. no matter how nice a server maybe ps was running just fine with free servers if u want better servers then put it as an option where u pay but dont force ppl to pay for somthing that was free and on top of this you cant even carry over game you bought on your psn account they can turn it and twist but at the end of the raod this stuff is just data and if its data it should work just fine on the ps4 like it did on the ps3. i as a customer that have been loyal to ps since it begun feel taken advantge of and its not right that we the loyal customer must be exploited like this.

winter-is-coming-meme-generator-brace-yourself-wall-of-text-is-coming-0b44c5.jpg

0 Kudos

https://www.youtube.com/BwolfTheWolf
/16

thewoe

95%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thewoe
Accepted Solution
Paying for online = better support and more reliable online.

Its around £2-3 a month. Worth it.
0 Kudos

/16

ChambyR33

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ChambyR33
Accepted Solution
gotta say im already a ps+ subscriber and will continue to be one as the benefits far outweight anything else but i think sony should have kept PSN free

it was a major selling point for the ps3

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel