48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Planetside 2 coming to ps4

17 Replies 2,146 Views Created 18-03-2013

What do you guys think of the possibility of planetside 2 coming to ps4 with or without cross-platform with pc ?

I would love to have planetside 2 on ps4, i think it would full demonstrate what the ps4 is capable of and would be really popular, especially as its a F2P game.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16
98%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PermanentlyAngry
Accepted Solution

What about putting a question mark at th ened of the title, rather than leaving it as an affirmative statement that Planetside 2 IS coming to PS4. Because for all we know it isn't, despite it being a Sony product. Because trust me you might have a lot of disgruntled viewers thinking you've just broken some of the biggest PS4 news to date, when really you're just asking if people would like to see Planetside 2 on PS4. I'm certainly more deflated having read your comment after reading the thread title.

I'd welcome more experiences like Planetside 2 coming over to consoles, but I'm not sure they will. We'll have to see.

0 Kudos

Re: Planetside 2 coming to ps4

/16

RawArtillery-

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RawArtillery-
Accepted Solution

PermanentlyAngry wrote:

What about putting a question mark at th ened of the title, rather than leaving it as an affirmative statement that Planetside 2 IS coming to PS4. Because for all we know it isn't, despite it being a Sony product. Because trust me you might have a lot of disgruntled viewers thinking you've just broken some of the biggest PS4 news to date, when really you're just asking if people would like to see Planetside 2 on PS4. I'm certainly more deflated having read your comment after reading the thread title.

I'd welcome more experiences like Planetside 2 coming over to consoles, but I'm not sure they will. We'll have to see.

Lol, i didn't want to be misleading. It has been hinted though. The PS4's specs from what i  know is perfectly capable of running it if they manage to optimize the game to run or more than 1 core of the cpu.

0 Kudos

/16

DeftnessinGames

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DeftnessinGames
Accepted Solution

I would love planetside to come to ps4, is it definate? if so im doing alot of gameplay for it on my channel!

0 Kudos

/16

RawArtillery-

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RawArtillery-
Accepted Solution

DeftnessinGames wrote:

I would love planetside to come to ps4, is it definate? if so im doing alot of gameplay for it on my channel!

It isn't definite, but it is likely. SOE has had success with F2P on the ps3 already. I hear that the population on PC is going downhill and i'm pretty sure that they are aware of this. So why not bring it to ps4 to boost the population, especially when console gaming is where they will more than likely make most of their profit from.

0 Kudos

/16

DeftnessinGames

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DeftnessinGames
Accepted Solution

well sussed mate :) here's to hoping anyway, i have it on PC. the idea seems great but I'm terrible at FPS on PC, so if it came out for ps4 it could be a cod killer for me xD

0 Kudos

/16

RawArtillery-

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RawArtillery-
Accepted Solution

Same for me. Sick and tired of call of duty. I tried to use a controller on my computer for planetside.....EPIC FAIL

0 Kudos

/16

Sneakybeaky92

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Sneakybeaky92
Accepted Solution
Planetside 1 was one of my all time fav game!!!! Notting beats a NC with a duck tape shotgun, but with pc parts so pricey I can't play planetside 2 alltho I was a wave 1 beta tester!!

If planetside 2 was on ps4 it would be so happy it's one of the best games, I know many planetside fan are anti console but for me it's something I wanted to happen 2 years ago :)
0 Kudos

/16

RawArtillery-

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RawArtillery-
Accepted Solution

Sneakybeaky92 wrote:
Planetside 1 was one of my all time fav game!!!! Notting beats a NC with a duck tape shotgun, but with pc parts so pricey I can't play planetside 2 alltho I was a wave 1 beta tester!!

If planetside 2 was on ps4 it would be so happy it's one of the best games, I know many planetside fan are anti console but for me it's something I wanted to happen 2 years ago :)

I haven't played much due to the fact i don't like the controls very much and plus i can only just about run it with my £500 laptop. I've never really had much experience with it. Do you think they will scale it down on the ps4 ?

0 Kudos

/16

DeftnessinGames

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DeftnessinGames
Accepted Solution

I don't think they'll have to considering the size of the maps that dust 514 has to offer, right enough planetside is probably even bigger than that >_> but i shouldnt think they would have to reduce anything

0 Kudos

/16

RawArtillery-

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RawArtillery-
Accepted Solution

Haven't played dust 514 yet. I'm downloading it now

0 Kudos

/16

Sneakybeaky92

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Sneakybeaky92
Accepted Solution
Also the soe of Sony entertainment said he's very happy about the ps4 and planetside 2 in a tweet :)
0 Kudos

/16

DeftnessinGames

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DeftnessinGames
Accepted Solution

Deffinately heavily aniticipating now!, the day it comes out im doing some coverage for sure :)

0 Kudos

/16

Sneakybeaky92

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Sneakybeaky92
Accepted Solution
I think the biggest problem ps2 will face is the, controls, and the HUD, it's very pc but they have a very smart dev team.
0 Kudos

/16

DeftnessinGames

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DeftnessinGames
Accepted Solution

Excited to see how this turns out then :)

0 Kudos

/16

RawArtillery-

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RawArtillery-
Accepted Solution

I think that the touchpad on the new controller can play a major part in the naviagation.

0 Kudos

/16

GaViN7UK

94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GaViN7UK
Accepted Solution
Played it a lot on PC hated it in the end awfully game let the PC lot keep it and we get new ips :)
0 Kudos

/16

RawArtillery-

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RawArtillery-
Accepted Solution

GaViN7UK wrote:
Played it a lot on PC hated it in the end awfully game let the PC lot keep it and we get new ips :)

Why don't you like it ? On console it would be ALOT more optimized seeing as they have one set of hardware to optimize to rather than thousands of different pc setups

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel