View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
12 Dec 2014
By Envisager

Envisager

• Community Manager

PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition Console.

[ Edited ]
2,956 Replies 230,869 Views edited 19-12-2014
12 Dec 2014
By Envisager

We know that lots of you want to get your hands on the PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition Console and from Monday 15th December until Friday 19th you might just get that chance!
Join us every day for one week as we team up with GAME to give you the chance to purchase this limited edition console for £399.99!

How to take part:
1. Follow @PlayStationUK or @GAMEDigital on Twitter!

2. From Monday 15th at 11am you can head to [LINK REMOVED-COMPETITION NOW CLOSED] and take a look at our fantastic image containing over 300 characters from PlayStation history. Study the image well and make sure you know your PlayStation characters!

3. At an allocated time each day @PlayStationUK and @GAMEDigital will tweet a clue using the hashtag #20YearsOfCharacters.

4. Solve the clue, find the character it corresponds to, zoom in so the blue cross appears and click it, if you are correct you will be given a link which will take you to a secret website by GAME. *Please note that the page will need to be refreshed at the given time before the daily link will be updated.

5. Once on the page please fill out the form with the details required. If you are in the first 100 people to submit the form you will receive an email from GAME within 24 hours of the link going live, giving you all the details you'll need to purchase your PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition Console. Don't worry if you aren't in the first 100, every person who completes the form on the page before it closes will be entered into a daily prize draw and one person will be chosen at random to win a PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition Console.

The consoles will be available on a first come first served basis with GAME via the application page, they will not be available from GAME.co.uk. Don't worry if you miss it, there will be a new allocation of stock every day from Monday until Friday next week giving you five separate chances to pick-up the PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition Console.

Want to know when we will be tweeting? Take a look below and get ready (all times in GMT)-  

Monday 4pm
Tuesday 5pm
Wednesday 2pm
Thursday 8am
Friday 12pm

Please note that GAME will not be able to ship the PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition Console outside of the UK. If you are outside of the UK please check with your local PlayStation channels for more information about your opportunity to own the PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition. The console is limited to one purchase per person.

Update 18/12/2014

We launched #20YearsofCharacters on [LINK REMOVED-COMPETITION NOW CLOSED] with the intention of giving our true fans the best opportunity of purchasing the PS4 20th Anniversary Edition console.

Following feedback from the PlayStation UK community we would like to remind everybody that the daily link for this activity won't be live until seconds before the clue is announced on twitter.com/PlayStationUK

Unfortunately we are now aware of some users attempting to run programmes to reveal the URL early and give themselves an unfair advantage. Users we identify as using these tactics will be disqualified from the process and will continue to be. Since reports of this behaviour surfaced we have been adding additional encryptions and will continue to do so in advance of the final clue tomorrow.

Terms and Conditions:

PlayStation®4 20th Anniversary Edition Console - Terms and Conditions

United Kingdom – December 2014

1. This promotion (“Promotion”) is open to residents of the United Kingdom who are aged 18 years or over (“Eligible Persons”).
  2. This Promotion opens on 15 December 2014 at 16:00 (GMT) ("Opening Date") and closes on 19 December 2014 at 23:59 (GMT) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Promotional Period.
  3. To take advantage of this Promotion, Eligible Persons must during the Promotional Period:
    1. on 15 December 2014: at 16:00 (GMT);
    2. on 16 December 2014: at 17:00 (GMT);
    3. on 17 December 2014: at 14:00 (GMT);
    4. on 18 December 2014: at 08:00 (GMT); and
    5. on 19 December 2014: at 12:00 (GMT);
    6. if an incorrect character is selected: this will link to information about the selected character; and
    7. if the correct character is selected: this will link to a GAME retail page where they can, subject to availability, purchase a PlayStation®4 20th Anniversary Edition Console.
  4. One hundred (100) PlayStation®4 20th Anniversary Edition Consoles will be available for purchase each Promotional Day, available for purchase on a first come first served basis.
  5. An Eligible Person may purchase a maximum of one (1) PlayStation®4 20th Anniversary Edition Console during the Promotional Period.
  6. Internet required. Eligible Persons are responsible for any internet access fees.
  7. The Promoter reserves the right in its reasonable discretion to disqualify any person whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of these terms and conditions or the intention of the Promotion.
  8. The Promoter reserves the right to alter or cancel this Promotion or update and/or amend these terms and conditions at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
  9. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
  10. The “Promoter” is: Sony Computer Entertainment UK Limited, 13 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7HP, United Kingdom.
  11. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.

LABELS: Social
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

utio

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
utio
Accepted Solution
Good grief, it's the week before Christmas. I don't have time to be jumping through hoops like this.
Good luck to whoever enters.

Re: PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition Console.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

furryhawk

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
furryhawk
Accepted Solution

All of that just to be able to buy a console. They are nice but not that nice.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sashamaz

61%
02 Rank
Progress
Sashamaz
Accepted Solution
Even as a PlayStation fan, I have a feeling I wont know half the stuff on these puzzles :(

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Jacko_the_lad

• Beta Tester
99%
13 Rank
Progress
Jacko_the_lad
Accepted Solution

What a load of tosh.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sashamaz

61%
02 Rank
Progress
Sashamaz
Accepted Solution

I wanted the scalpers not to be able to purchase this but looking at all these hoops I have to jump through I think even I wont be able to get it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

PFC_Hudson

• Beta Tester
96%
11 Rank
Progress
PFC_Hudson
Accepted Solution

Yet another overly complex method of doing something by PlayStationUK

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Blue_mooner

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Blue_mooner
Accepted Solution

JUST SELL THEM!!!
People have jobs and can't have the luxury of sitting all day on twitter.
You have SO made this a promotion aimed at the unemployed or those who can pick or choose hours of work.
This has been turned from a celebration into a mockery of those who opened a ps1 in 1994, who now have families and have to provide.
Your p.r department have a lot to answer for.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

eastavenge

• Beta Tester
97%
08 Rank
Progress
eastavenge
Accepted Solution
At work seven days a week. I'm pretty positive these puzzles/pictures/websites won't be mobile friendly. Guess you gotta be a daytime loiterer to win.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

f0wlerUK

56%
02 Rank
Progress
f0wlerUK
Accepted Solution

Although I won't be entering, I think this a cool idea. :Peace:

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

utio

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
utio
Accepted Solution
Stop being positive you troll:D

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

infoseye

40%
02 Rank
Progress
infoseye
Accepted Solution

Well its worth the try:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
92%
03 Rank
Progress
MP_is_for_Chumps
Accepted Solution

Its a great idea. 

It means you wont have groups of ghetto thugs and random opportunistic passes-by calling their 50yrld moms, 8 cousins and whole family who know absolutely nothing about Playstation, getting their grubby hands on these anniversary models…. like they did with the farce that was the PS event in London on wednesday.

Also we wont need to contend with airhead marketing graduates giving away the whole allocation of consoles on the first day.

….I commend this approach, and thank you Sony for devising a proper method which rewards true playstation gamers and not Daily Mail reading career women or Gangster thugs who might stab you if you look at them wrong.

(yes i was one of the gamers who went to claim a £20 PS4, only to be appalled by the types of people who actually them got all)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kevciu2409

58%
02 Rank
Progress
Kevciu2409
Accepted Solution

Another stupid idea from Playstation UK, I though that after '94 shop it cant go any worse. There was scalpers festival, I went 100 miles to get it. I was 15th in the queue, few guys came, I was punched and literaly kicked out from the party, lost my phone in the process. Hate PlaystationUK, thinkin about just giving up on this whole biglove for PS. So instead of great party and joy I am 400 pounds loss with a ugly looking lip cut. And how was your ps anniversary? Just think guys, about what you doing because I dont think it was for the players, I feel more like a looser right now

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

XanderXAJ

44%
02 Rank
Progress
XanderXAJ
Accepted Solution

Interesting idea.  Just a note:

In the box with the times, it says "Wednesday 2pm".

In the terms and conditions it says "on 17 December 2014: at 16:00 (GMT);".

Can you clarify which time is the correct one?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

chazychaz87

92%
02 Rank
Progress
chazychaz87
Accepted Solution

Not best but much better then selling with wristband without telling about them last time

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

shemz123

41%
02 Rank
Progress
shemz123
Accepted Solution
being a "gangster Thug" doesn't mean you haven't been a PlayStation fan since young you might have only played grand theft auto and sports games but that's still PlayStation non the less. I think you've had your fair share of experiences as a victim and now lean on PlayStation to offer you support (u need a different forum) - your a looser focus on your own game instead of assessing the legitimacy of others. Finally not every one that visually intimidates you will stab you. #ThugsGrewUpOnPSToo
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

wotta

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
wotta
Accepted Solution

I think this is a fantastic way to award true fans of gaming. Better than someone who is looking for a quick buck trying to get one.

Hoping I can be one of the first 100 on one of the days. Fingers crossed :D

Freelance Games Journalist. Follow me on Twitter @_wotta

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

PFC_Hudson

• Beta Tester
96%
11 Rank
Progress
PFC_Hudson
Accepted Solution

wotta wrote:

I think this is a fantastic way to award true fans of gaming. 

So a true fan is defined as someone who won't be at work at 4pm on Monday and who has £399 going spare nine days before Christmas?

Trying to find a method to beat scalpers is all well and good but this is just OTT

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MikLSP

98%
05 Rank
Progress
MikLSP
Accepted Solution
Incredible, you'd all be here complaining like hell if they went on general sale and sold out in minutes to profiteers just before the internet crashed.

This is admittedly a little convoluted but it's a special item and deserves a special process, even if it is partly driven by a need to circumvent the greedy masses.

Embrace the event and you never know, maybe you'll get a stroke of luck.....then complain about the delivery time or something....but I'm sure you'll manage to crack a smile for just a second or two.

You don't need to spend "all day" doing anything as you've been given very specific times and can get notifications from Twitter.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

PFC_Hudson

• Beta Tester
96%
11 Rank
Progress
PFC_Hudson
Accepted Solution

MikLSP wrote:
Incredible, you'd all be here complaining like hell if they went on general sale and sold out in minutes to profiteers just before the internet crashed.

You seem to be under the impression scalpers won't be prepared to hover around Twitter and/or play the 'Where's Waldo?" type game?

"Oh, I want to sell a spec ed PS4 for mucho profit on eBay but the Twitter clue and find the character game has completely put me off!", said no scalper ever

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel