88%
04 Rank
Progress

SOCOM For PS4

48 Replies 5,867 Views Created 25-02-2013
25 Feb 2013
By Noxage

Make this happen, SONY.

I know Zipper are gonners these days and they made the originals (best games in multiplayer history).....but a source at sony said a while back that they "wern't done with the franchise yet"

SO PROVE IT! Give us a classic socom once again,and allow us to forget the travesty that was SOCOM:4.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
Photobucket
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Keifski

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Keifski
Accepted Solution

Re: SOCOM For PS4

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sandystrachan

84%
02 Rank
Progress
sandystrachan
Accepted Solution
Sony dont want to compete with Call of Duty , thats why S4 was the way it was . Sony as a publisher wouldnt make any money when CoD is around .
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

sandystrachan wrote:
Sony dont want to compete with Call of Duty , thats why S4 was the way it was . Sony as a publisher wouldnt make any money when CoD is around .

has a tactical third-person shooter got to do with competing against a mindless, run 'n' gun first-person shooter

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TamKing

95%
05 Rank
Progress
TamKing
Accepted Solution
or maybe they will finaly release counterstrike global offensive O_O :p
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Keifski

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Keifski
Accepted Solution

SOCOM just cant compete with cod or battlefield. It was the same as Medal of Honour ... devs cant just keep releasing military shooters without at least trying to make things different. If you want an FPS on the ps4, then Destiny is looking very good, check it out. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
I missed the classic SOCOM days, only played Confrontation, would like to relive those days people speak so highly of.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

born2destroy

95%
07 Rank
Progress
born2destroy
Accepted Solution

Keifski wrote:

SOCOM just cant compete with cod or battlefield. It was the same as Medal of Honour ... devs cant just keep releasing military shooters without at least trying to make things different. If you want an FPS on the ps4, then Destiny is looking very good, check it out. 

Socom never needed to compete with cod or battlefield as it had it's own player base, if Sony had gone back to it's roots of Socom on PS3 e.g confrontation there would easily still be 5million+ players on that game today. The Socom community was large and loved Socom so would choose it over any other game, 5million or more sales for an exclusive game to one console is enough.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
85%
04 Rank
Progress
AnthonyMills1995
Accepted Solution

born2destroy wrote:

Keifski wrote:

Socom never needed to compete with cod or battlefield as it had it's own player base, if Sony had gone back to it's roots of Socom on PS3 e.g confrontation there would easily still be 5million+ players on that game today. The Socom community was large and loved Socom so would choose it over any other game, 5million or more sales for an exclusive game to one console is enough.

One of the things other Sony properties does well is their iconic and recognisable characters (Jak, Drake, Kratos ect) and SOCOM didn't have anyone marketable or recognisable.

0 Kudos

Twitter.jpg

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TraYz-817

20%
02 Rank
Progress
TraYz-817
Accepted Solution

it would be great if they would do a release of like socom 2 or 3 gameplay ... just make the graphics up to date... keep same gameplay and do like all maps from s2 s3 and combined assault... and then do like a fundraiser so the real socom fans and players can donate to the game ...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ProLiFiK__

23%
02 Rank
Progress
ProLiFiK__
Accepted Solution
totally agree with you here.. all they need to do is bring back s2 or s3 on the PS store with upgraded graphics and stuff. make it for like 20 or 30$ and i garentee atleast 5000 ppl would play it. AT least.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Keifski

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Keifski
Accepted Solution

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

born2destroy wrote:

Keifski wrote:

One of the things other Sony properties does well is their iconic and recognisable characters (Jak, Drake, Kratos ect) and SOCOM didn't have anyone marketable or recognisable.

Exactly . there was nothing that they could market and there where and are better shooters out there. It would make no buisness sense for sony to be developing a new killzone and a new socom for the ps4, specially if killzone comes out at or around launch. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

I_SCAR_I

• Beta Tester
89%
05 Rank
Progress
I_SCAR_I
Accepted Solution

Keifski wrote:

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

born2destroy wrote:

Keifski wrote:

Exactly . there was nothing that they could market and there where and are better shooters out there. It would make no buisness sense for sony to be developing a new killzone and a new socom for the ps4, specially if killzone comes out at or around launch. 

SOCOM is a game for the more discerning and mature gamer. Sticking some goofy mascot on the box would most likely put people off, rather than turn them on. 

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

aindriu80

68%
02 Rank
Progress
aindriu80
Accepted Solution

I hated SOCOM, the controller nearly broke me.. it didn't do what I tried to make it do and I could not belive it !!!

The biggest hope I have for the PS4 is the controller, I really hope it responds properly and doesnt have any lag or lack of capability

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

born2destroy

95%
07 Rank
Progress
born2destroy
Accepted Solution

AnthonyMills1995 wrote:

born2destroy wrote:

Keifski wrote:

Hmmm Pretty sure Jester was a recognisable character if you actually played Socom, most people who did knows the name Jester. Sony stil own the rights to Socom so it is possible it could return, however if H-hour turns out to be what they promise (i believe david sears) then there will be no need for a Socom remake.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Leeoc91

95%
04 Rank
Progress
Leeoc91
Accepted Solution
I remember Jester well, black beanie hat, woodland camo on his face :)

SOCOM was way ahead of its time IMO especially with the voice commands and online, there was no other game (on consoles) that came close to it.

Hate all these COD kiddies running around with ridiculous weapons and perks like they're iron man...
SOCOM was a proper online shooter, it's hard to explain if you missed the glory days of 1 & 2 but they were my best days of gaming, and I'm sure a lot of people here would agree, it had a real community feel to it that I've not experienced in any other online game since.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

killacam718

26%
02 Rank
Progress
killacam718
AnthonyMills1995
Accepted Solution

true it was a loyalty there and knowing u where getting a competitive gave not this respawn junk lil kids r about frost fire geertglory  crossroads  many other 

0 Kudos

SOCOM For PS4

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

WEASEL1

47%
02 Rank
Progress
WEASEL1
Keifski
Accepted Solution

The Division is proof you are wrong. 100%. It's community is packed by Socomers trying to get a fix but can't because the PvP is trash at best. It's more like this; Socom will be shelved because it would slow the creation of new games. The Socom community turned on their playstations, popped Socom in, played (got fulfillment), and turned it off. We didn't go searching the store for other games.

0 Kudos

SOCOM For PS4

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ELCheverito

22%
02 Rank
Progress
ELCheverito
Accepted Solution

call of duty suck they are just dumb ass kids blowing up ***** its stupid 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

killacam718

26%
02 Rank
Progress
killacam718
sandystrachan
Accepted Solution

cod blows

0 Kudos

SOCOM For PS4

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

killacam718

26%
02 Rank
Progress
killacam718
Accepted Solution

socom was the best war multiplayer game of all time i get it ul say cod yea it was a good game black ops 1 and 2 but even more now its gotten worse and complete trash  only lil kids dont get that cus its the only game they know and go for it from its past glory but its most deff played out has been and we need something new we ps user can go back to r socom ans xb can go back to there halo 

0 Kudos

SOCOM For PS4

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel