91%
09 Rank
Progress

Simplygames :(

[ Edited ]
467 Replies 4,144 Views edited 03-10-2013
03 Oct 2013
By misterck

So i have just lost my release day guaranteed ps4 order because simplygames sent me an email to change my preorder to one of sonys apparnt bundles, not one is the same as any of the sony bundles and the prices are ridiculous, i could no longer order just the console at regular price so was forced to cancel :(

The worst part of this is there are some folk who will choose 1 just to make sure they get a console on launch, this is a poor show from a company i previously held in high regards.

Awful bundles link

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

x-SourApple-x

93%
08 Rank
Progress
x-SourApple-x
Accepted Solution
That sucks dude. This is why I just stick to high street stores. Too complicated to order online with preorders.
0 Kudos

Re: Simplygames :(

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jeves111

96%
03 Rank
Progress
jeves111
Accepted Solution

they need many many junk and complaint emails sent as that is just wrong and money grabbing feel for you dude!!!

:Argh: :Mad: :Evil:

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

misterck

91%
09 Rank
Progress
misterck
Accepted Solution
I called them immediately to confirm it as i honestly thought they atleast got the prices wrong and they confirmed they were actually correct, after i told them the prices were ludicrous i was told all i could do was choose one of those bundles or cancel.

Will never order a single thing from them again.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Kermit1970

• Award Winner
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Kermit1970
Accepted Solution

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

x-SourApple-x

93%
08 Rank
Progress
x-SourApple-x
Accepted Solution
I'm so glad I stuck with GAME.

I believe in supporting the high street shops where I can anyway, even though I know it's always more expensive, but it makes things a lot less complicated.

Go and preorder a console at a supermarket or GAME or somewhere of your choice straight away. Preorder in store somewhere so you don't have the same problem again.

You won't get the bundles though until phase 2 :(

I feel so bad for you. If I was in your situation I would cry.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

misterck

91%
09 Rank
Progress
misterck
Accepted Solution

x-SourApple-x wrote:
I'm so glad I stuck with GAME.

I believe in supporting the high street shops where I can anyway, even though I know it's always more expensive, but it makes things a lot less complicated.

Go and preorder a console at a supermarket or GAME or somewhere of your choice straight away. Preorder in store somewhere so you don't have the same problem again.

You won't get the bundles though until phase 2 :(

I feel so bad for you. If I was in your situation I would cry.

After that experience that has just left a sour taste so think im gonna just wait it out until i can actually just walk into a shop and buy one at regular price off the shelf (could be a long time away i know lol).

Cant believe i just sold my gaming PC to fund it aswell :(

Should have known from the fact they werent taking any deposits that something wasnt right, if it wasnt for the lack of making any sort of pre-payments im 100% sure they could have been reported and brought to justice for this sort of profiteering scam.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Frowsen

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Frowsen
Accepted Solution

I am in the same stituation - I do not think the price is overly expensive because there is now an extra controller but i didnt want this, is changing a pre order that had already been agreed even legal? This is a joke

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

misterck

91%
09 Rank
Progress
misterck
Accepted Solution

Frowsen wrote:

I am in the same stituation - I do not think the price is overly expensive because there is now an extra controller but i didnt want this, is changing a pre order that had already been agreed even legal? This is a joke

I honestly took a moment to consider taking that cheapest bundle just to keep my day one preorder and make sure i got a PS4 on launch but i cant let myself pay money to a company who would do something like this to loyal customers and as a result cancelled all my ps4 game preorders at same time and will never buy another product from them.

Im pretty sure it would be illegal IF we had paid any sort of money towards it already (deposit) but as is i think they can get away with this crap.

@ si_ozzman thats exactly it, they were clever enough to keep the bundle choices etc on website and only a link in email or i would have copy pasted the bit were it says along the lines of 'you can no longer stay with your previous order of sony playstation console - £349.97'

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Si_Ozzman

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Si_Ozzman
Accepted Solution

misterck wrote:

Frowsen wrote:

@ si_ozzman thats exactly it, they were clever enough to keep the bundle choices etc on website and only a link in email or i would have copy pasted the bit were it says along the lines of 'you can no longer stay with your previous order of sony playstation console - £349.97'

That is totally out of order then, really sorry to here it m8 :(. I don't think I'll ever be using them either after hearing that.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

misterck

91%
09 Rank
Progress
misterck
Accepted Solution

Si_Ozzman wrote:

misterck wrote:

Frowsen wrote:

That is totally out of order then, really sorry to here it m8 :(. I don't think I'll ever be using them either after hearing that.

Im still in absolute disgust and shock at the moment, before thisi recommended them to everybody i speak to about game purchases and always made my game preorders with them. Never again!!!

@ Kermit1970 that is a good deal, i actually thought games £399 one game bundles were shocking untill this happened and now they are looking like a bargain lol

I actually got excited when i got the bundles email cause i thought i would be able to get that killzone mega bundle, then i clicked the link and all joy drained right out of me.

EDIT: I would like to hear from someone who had an early preorder with them (pre-august 6th) to see if their stiffing everyone like this or if its just the people who were late in the game but were still guaranteed a day one console from them, my preorder was only made on september 13th but this is still wrong in my eyes.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ShineHunter

83%
05 Rank
Progress
ShineHunter
Accepted Solution
£414 for just an extra controller is an absolute joke. I was going to pre order with them when they showed the price as £325 or was it £329, but when they started taking pre orders they bumped it up to £349 so I was like screw you. Shocked that they would pull this stunt. This is a new low for SimplyGames.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

molee94

96%
02 Rank
Progress
molee94
Accepted Solution

I ordered my one on the 20th of june and they done the same to me so as you can see they are efing greedy man ill never ever use them again imagine some kid who saved all his pocket money and got told you've got to pay a £100 more he would be in bits.as long as i get one for christmas im fine but im a little gutted so im not giving those greedy ***** my money i cant let myself do it while they laugh at me.

0 Kudos

[url=http://raptr.com/molee94?src=em_plat][img]http://raptr.com/badge/molee94/fs_psn.png[/img][/url]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

misterck

91%
09 Rank
Progress
misterck
Accepted Solution

molee94 wrote:

I ordered my one on the 20th of june and they done the same to me so as you can see they are efing greedy man ill never ever use them again imagine some kid who saved all his pocket money and got told you've got to pay a £100 more he would be in bits.as long as i get one for christmas im fine but im a little gutted so im not giving those greedy ***** my money i cant let myself do it while they laugh at me.

It's absolutely appauling and i really feel for you as i believe they have screwed you over a lot worse than me being that you ordered way back then and i only ordered in september.

May i ask how much your order was supposed to be costing you for the standalone console? i ask cause at one point im sure they had it priced even cheaper than the SRP and going from that low of a price to minimum £415 is just attrocious.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

molee94

96%
02 Rank
Progress
molee94
Accepted Solution

Hi it was £339 when i pre ordered so i can see they are really taking the ***** sorry about my typing its on my phone.

0 Kudos

[url=http://raptr.com/molee94?src=em_plat][img]http://raptr.com/badge/molee94/fs_psn.png[/img][/url]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

molee94

96%
02 Rank
Progress
molee94
Accepted Solution
Could we keep in touch because I'm not giving them my money but I'm also not letting them get away with this.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

misterck

91%
09 Rank
Progress
misterck
Accepted Solution

Im unsure about the friending process on here but just keep checking back in this thread, dont constantly spam multiple posts though as i think its frowned upon (appologies though if its because of your phone).

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

molee94

96%
02 Rank
Progress
molee94
Accepted Solution

Sorry its my phone ill leave it now till the morning and use my pc thanks.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NathLouis

86%
05 Rank
Progress
NathLouis
Accepted Solution
This company sounds like its run by bstards!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Kermit1970

• Award Winner
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Kermit1970
Accepted Solution

Frowsen wrote:

Ok I know you might not want it but for £450 Game are doing the KZ Big bundle which includes and extra controller, camera, and Killzone Shadowfall.

If I hadn't already ordered KZ:SF I know which bundle I would prefer.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
99%
07 Rank
Progress
PermanentlyAngry
Accepted Solution

I have to say this is utterly sucktastic, and if they are forcing customers to go with one of 'their' bundles after advertsing the standalone pre-order I happen to think that is illegal. It's changing the contract after the sale of goods has been agreed.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel