51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Sony Bluetooth Headset on PS4

21 Replies 37,066 Views Created 06-12-2013
I have a Sony SLEH-00075 Bluetooth headset that I am trying to pair with my PS4. Each time I try, it shows up on the list of available devices but upon attempting to pair, it says there is 'no supported profile on the PS4'. This headset works perfectly well on my PS3. It's a Sony product and yet it doesn't seem to be supported on the PS4. That doesn't make any sense at all. Bluetooth is a universal multi platform standard! Does anyone body have any ideas on this or do I have to wait until Sony update the firmware again? I can't believe the PS4 doesn't support one of Sonys own BT devices.

Thanks in advance. Help would be appreciated :-)
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Royston99

99%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Royston99
Accepted Solution

All Bluetooth headsets are not compatible with PS4

An update was made for USB headsets to work

An up-coming update will be available to make the Sony Wireless Stereo and Pulse Headsets (which use dongles) to be compatible, but that is it. All others will not work, and wont in the future either.

EDIT:

I should say: All PAST bluetooth headsets, which were PS3 compatible, are not compatible with PS4.

0 Kudos

Re: Sony Bluetooth Headset on PS4

[ Edited ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1, PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
YouTube Channel - Gaming | Sporting Events | Music Events
/16

SHINOBI_01

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SHINOBI_01
Accepted Solution
So will never have an update for bluetooth headsets through the whole lifespan of PS4?
0 Kudos

/16

Royston99

99%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Royston99
Accepted Solution

No update for PAST Bluetooth headsets that were PS3 supported, no.

New headsets that are Bluetooth that explicitly say are compatible with PS4 will work, but aside from those, no.

EDIT:

Information can be found here: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/30/playstation-4-the-ultimate-faq/#sect5

For those who cba to click the link:

"Headsets - Connection: Bluetooth - Compatibility: NO - Notes: Headsets that are currently commercially available are incompatible.

Headsets - Connection: USB - Compatibility: YES - Notes: Will be compatible with system software version 1.50.
* After the update, generally most commercially available USB headsets will be compatible"

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1, PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
YouTube Channel - Gaming | Sporting Events | Music Events
/16

SHINOBI_01

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SHINOBI_01
Accepted Solution
Thanks for that quick reply.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

SHINOBI_01 wrote:
So will never have an update for bluetooth headsets through the whole lifespan of PS4?

Correct all past gen bluetooth mics are disabled for ever...

SCE licensed Bluetooth 3.0 headsets that Support Stereo audio and HQ vioce coms are allready planned but will be from Products developers licensed from SCE... the extras are going to be Locked out this gen...

0 Kudos

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Free Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
/16

SHINOBI_01

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SHINOBI_01
Accepted Solution
Wow that is wild, well time to shop again lol.
0 Kudos

/16

NOZonline

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NOZonline
Accepted Solution
Looks like I'm stuck with the cheap ass ear bud or ill have to get a 2.5 to 3.5 cable and use my PX5s in Xbox mode, witch seems the logical solution!
0 Kudos

/16

SHINOBI_01

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SHINOBI_01
Accepted Solution

How did you put that image in your comment box?

0 Kudos

/16

NOZonline

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NOZonline
Accepted Solution
It's called a signature, go to your profile and embed the link to whatever image you want, I image has to be on a hosting site like PhotoBucket...
The images you have uploaded will have a URL code, copy and paste that in to the signature box in your profile save and there you are, there is a size limit for the image you can use but I don't know the exact profile size limit so just use my image size as a reference.
0 Kudos

/16

SHINOBI_01

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SHINOBI_01
Accepted Solution

Can I use my PS3 or PS4?

0 Kudos

/16

NOZonline

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NOZonline
Accepted Solution
You need to be able to copy and save an image you want to a device that can upload to a hosting site, ps3 didn't work for me, I don't know about the PS4 browser, best bet is a PC or smartphone!
0 Kudos

/16

SHINOBI_01

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SHINOBI_01
Accepted Solution

Ok thanks.

0 Kudos

/16

garlic-bread163

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
garlic-bread163
Accepted Solution

To be fair a 2.5-3.5 cable will be only a couple of quid, but I thought of a better solution a 2.5-3.5 adaptor would then fit my xbox mode cable allowing the mute and volume controls to be available to me!

Have you tryed this with the px5 and had success ?.

0 Kudos

/16

QuantumMechanic

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuantumMechanic
Accepted Solution
Thanks for the quick reply. Very disappointing to hear though. Creates further expense that really should not be necessary. Sony take note...
0 Kudos

/16

NOZonline

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NOZonline
Accepted Solution
To be fair a 2.5-3.5 cable will be only a couple of quid, but I thought of a better solution a 2.5-3.5 adaptor would then fit my xbox mode cable allowing the mute and volume controls to be available to me!
0 Kudos

/16

Tim_Lord

82%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tim_Lord
Accepted Solution

QuantumMechanic wrote:
I have a Sony SLEH-00075 Bluetooth headset that I am trying to pair with my PS4. Each time I try, it shows up on the list of available devices but upon attempting to pair, it says there is 'no supported profile on the PS4'. This headset works perfectly well on my PS3. It's a Sony product and yet it doesn't seem to be supported on the PS4. That doesn't make any sense at all. Bluetooth is a universal multi platform standard! Does anyone body have any ideas on this or do I have to wait until Sony update the firmware again? I can't believe the PS4 doesn't support one of Sonys own BT devices.

Thanks in advance. Help would be appreciated :-)

No doubt they are selling the PS4 at, or below, cost price to "capture the market", if you know what I mean. Particularly important at this stage in a product's life. Then they recover any potential profit margin by selling  'exclusive' peripherals for the machine.

They would have to find some way of forcing the consumer to purchase the items of course.  Presumably making all PS4 peripherals incompatible with the PS3 (i.e. exclusive) is Sony's way to sell the PS4 peripherals. Otherwise, if you think about it, why would anyone buy another microphone or headset if they already have one that works pretty much perfectly?

At least, if I were Sony, that's what I would do.  Not exactly rocket science of course. Predictable as hell though, don't you think?

PS.  By "forcing the consumer to purchase the items", I may be stating it a bit coarsely. I mean of course, subtle marketing techniques and other things like adding flashing lights, extra knobs and buzzers. Influencing purchasers in such a way that they think they are making their own decision in the matter.  A ploy used by manufacturers for centuries I believe.

At the end of the day, you may as well get the new headset.  It may well turn out to be genuinely better than a PS3 version.

Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos

Regards

Sixpak Chakrabarti

If god had meant us to be vegetarian, why did she make animals out of meat?

href="http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tim_Lord/">
[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/552712841.png[/IMG][/URL]
http://www.speedtest.net/result/552712841.png
/16

QuantumMechanic

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuantumMechanic
Accepted Solution
Well, given that Sony has gone to some lengths to undercut Xbone and rain on its parade, it seems odd that they would "force" PS4 owners to buy new peripherals. They don't "make" you buy the PS camera otherwise they'd bundle it with the machine. It's one of the reasons I plumped for the PS4 as I don't care for waving at my TV or trying to talk to it! That stuff is for kids. But my point was more to do with the universal aspect of the Bluetooth standard and Sony excluding profiles for its OWN devices. Apple support pretty much any BT device on the iPhone or iPad so why should the PS4 be any different? I can fully understand making the camera optional but a headset is pretty much essential for casual chat and team play online.

Just my two penneth...
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

m1dgett

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
m1dgett
Accepted Solution
@QuantumMechanic

Your right in some regards but consider this. Using your analogy, apple headphones have their mic and earth poles reversed on the 3.5mm jack. Meaning that they give off static in other devices on the mic feed, and that since the iPhone has the poles reversed to accept this input, iPhone specific microphone headsets will be the only ones that are static free.

They do it as an incentive to buy their own.

Same is happening here, sony want you to get the new ps4 gear, or at very least their latest ps3 offerings in the pulse headsets. The older Bluetooth stuff was discontinued way before the ps4 was even announced, they started instead with the USB headsets.

This is why they bundled a mono headset and mic with the system, so you have that function. For those that want better sounding gear you buy it extra, in these terms the bundled headpiece is the equivalent of your Bluetooth mono set.
0 Kudos

/16

SilentShadow777

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SilentShadow777
Accepted Solution

at the minute my headset is set up as follows.

Turtle Beach XP300 headset

Game audio = TB DSS2 (dolby surround sound processor v2)
Chat audio = TB PS4 Chat cable (from controller 3.5mm port to headset xbox 2.5mm port)

when i turn on my headset the ps4 prompts me go to device settings and pair my headset, but when I do this, I get the same message about profiles not being supported.

I have talked to a couple of people who wourk with computer programming and they inform me that the bluetooth tranciever built into the board is backwards wards compatible with bluetooth 2.0 devices but sony had locked deliberately not included 2.0 profiles to lock out older headsets.

for now my headset does work but cant understand the logic with this decision. the only way i can see this being solved is a usb soundcard and bluetooth adapter box of some kind made by a third party to give the console the impression that it is connected to a usb headset. The headset would then pair to this device and work as normal.

In theory this should work, If only I knew how to build something like this.

on the other had, a plug and play usb bluetooth dongel may also work 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Twitter @SilentShadow777
Destiny Profiles Hunter | Titan | Warlock
/16

KINGtrevor

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KINGtrevor
Accepted Solution
Well glad I never bought a.ps4 headset at all. that's crap. The blutooth headset on ps3 sucked, no way I buy another sony headset.
No support for bluparrot as I have checked.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel