Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 133

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

14 Dec 2013
By RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

  • Offline
94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

tips for a noob BF4

34 Replies 1,752 Views Created 14-12-2013
Im not making this up, i played bf4 online last night and got killed with 1 shot from assault rifles almost every death. It would take a good squeeze on the triggers for me to kill them, or I'd be shooting someone then someone else would just come and 1 shot kill me. Not a sniper...which I can understand.

So, I'm rank 1 and all guns are locked ..is It just a case of perseverance? I use engineer mainly..
Its not fun if you die all the time and can't unlock better guns...killzone had the right idea I think, unlocking all guns.
Are you better off staying out of hotspots at first and just trying to get the odd Straggler's?
I haven't played campaign yet, maybe doing that will improve aim?
Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
How do I add a picture here??
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
16
/16

el-ve

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
el-ve
Accepted Solution
^ you need to play like you are really there, ***** yourself and hide behind stuff. Then take a shot when you can, move on and always check your surroundings!!

Sometimes you have to dig in and hope for the best...
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: tips for a noob BF4

Beta Tester
05
/16

JMC-SCO

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
91%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JMC-SCO
Accepted Solution

Re: tips for a noob BF4

02
/16

Dodgy__vegas

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dodgy__vegas
Accepted Solution

Nice clip. I find the mounted machine guns the weakest in the whole game.Its just hitmarker after hitmarker and maybe the odd kill. Shame really.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: tips for a noob BF4

05
/16

IrishViper1

  • Offline
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
IrishViper1
Accepted Solution

Best tip if you are new to the Battlefield is don't get shot.

21256.jpg

 

I hope that Helps

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: tips for a noob BF4

05
/16
88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
C-1Corinthians13
Accepted Solution

JMC-SCO wrote:

Even noobs can have a good day :D

 

BF4: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=781323498549415&l=9044364642175855627


 

I am guessing that "noobs" means not good.

 

And from what I see you are not that, with putting the M18A1 Claymore traps by the steps to help stop someone from walking up behind you.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: tips for a noob BF4

02
/16

TheBizznizzle

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheBizznizzle
Accepted Solution

 


C-1Corinthians13 wrote:

JMC-SCO wrote:

Even noobs can have a good day :D

 

BF4: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=781323498549415&l=9044364642175855627


 

I am guessing that "noobs" means not good.

 

And from what I see you are not that, with putting the M18A1 Claymore traps by the steps to help stop someone from walking up behind you.


 

A recon with a motion-sensor, and a support guy with claymores and the perimeter defense perk can hold down a building and keep it on lockdown, causing a major distraction for the opposing side. You can dominate whole portions of maps with this tactic, and you never run out of ammo, you can sit there all round :)

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: tips for a noob BF4

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
05
/16

lethal1984

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
85%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lethal1984
Accepted Solution
aim straight is a good tip lol. feel free to add me on psn mainly play bf4 :).
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: tips for a noob BF4

02
/16

TheBizznizzle

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheBizznizzle
Accepted Solution

RolledUp20s wrote:
Im not making this up, i played bf4 online last night and got killed with 1 shot from assault rifles almost every death. It would take a good squeeze on the triggers for me to kill them, or I'd be shooting someone then someone else would just come and 1 shot kill me. Not a sniper...which I can understand.

So, I'm rank 1 and all guns are locked ..is It just a case of perseverance? I use engineer mainly..
Its not fun if you die all the time and can't unlock better guns...killzone had the right idea I think, unlocking all guns.
Are you better off staying out of hotspots at first and just trying to get the odd Straggler's?
I haven't played campaign yet, maybe doing that will improve aim?

Keep an eye on the mini-map always - Im constantly seeing people get killed because they were totally oblivious to the bad guy that's right next to them, even though they were lit up on the minimap. Remember in Battlefield 90% of the people on your team will be idiots - act accordingly. Just because there's some friendlies behind you don't assume they're gonna stop any bad guys getting behind you, a mistake I make all the time is assuming randoms know the game aswell as I do. Likewise, If you're upstairs in a building and you have friendlies downstairs, never assume they've got your back, act like you're alone in there.

 

Don't loiter in the same place for too long unless you've got a silencer and you're in a position where you can stop people getting behind you.

 

Spacial awareness, spacial awareness, spacial awareness.

 

Overall, the best players I know are the ones that don't just run straight into situations - the glory days of Bad Company 2 are long gone - they sit back, let others run in, see who gets killed and from where, and then make their approach. 

 

Find a gun you feel comfy with, there isn't actually that much variation between different carbines or different LMGs, there is however massive differences between weapon classes. Depends how you wanna play. If you wanna be up in the action, go carbine, PDW or shotgun, if you wanna be that medium range guy, assault rifle. If you get in a position where you can set up a spot with a "kill-zone" in front of you, go LMG with a bipod - you'd be amazed at the kills you can rack up if you get in an easily-defendable spot with your ammo pack next to you and your bipod down. 

 

Use weapons the way they're intended to be used, don't sprint round corners, and always watch your minimap.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: tips for a noob BF4

[ Edited ]
07
/16

NOZonline

  • Offline
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NOZonline
Accepted Solution
I don't know why people say the weapons are basically the same in the same category because there stats say different.
For example the assault rifles but one do 25 max damage dropping off to a minimum of 18 at different ranges, the SCAR-H however has a max 34 and min of 25 and you would think that it should be better right, but with higher vertical recoil and slower bullet velocity makes it for most tough at long range but with its slow rate of fire it can be compensated for with good recoil management.

Here's a link to symthic were you can see for yourself what weapons may suit you best and even find a gem you could upgrade with attachments to suit your style.
http://symthic.com/bf4-weapon-charts?allkshotguns=1&secondaries=1&allkcarbine=1&allkdmr=1&support=1&...
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: tips for a noob BF4

02
/16

TheBizznizzle

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheBizznizzle
Accepted Solution

NOZonline wrote:
I don't know why people say the weapons are basically the same in the same category because there stats say different.
For example the assault rifles but one do 25 max damage dropping off to a minimum of 18 at different ranges, the SCAR-H however has a max 34 and min of 25 and you would think that it should be better right, but with higher vertical recoil and slower bullet velocity makes it for most tough at long range but with its slow rate of fire it can be compensated for with good recoil management.

Here's a link to symthic were you can see for yourself what weapons may suit you best and even find a gem you could upgrade with attachments to suit your style.
http://symthic.com/bf4-weapon-charts?allkshotguns=1&secondaries=1&allkcarbine=1&allkdmr=1&support=1&...

 

Yeah, I know the weaps have different stats. Derp.

 

But weapons within each class aren't that different to eachother when you compare it to the differences between weapon classes as a whole. 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: tips for a noob BF4

07
/16

NOZonline

  • Offline
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NOZonline
Accepted Solution
You say that but an another example, you can have say an ACE-52 a carbine up against say good old reliable M416 an assault rifle, at range and the ACE-52 will win 50% of the time.
Yes stats don't say it all, everyone has there own style but finding the stats that suit your style is key to taking on all classes and sticking to that is key until you feel ready to try something new!
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: tips for a noob BF4

02
/16

Dyognes7256

  • Offline
55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dyognes7256
Accepted Solution

Im pretty much a noob myself but I find I always do better when I take my time to the approach scout out the area and move in rather then just sprinting straight into whatever.

 

You can add me I go for objectives alot and mainly play conquest but not played much of second assault yet but the CTF game i did play was ace so may go back on that.

 

Dyognes7256

 

Reply
0 Kudos

tips for a noob BF4

03
/16

mcnico

  • Offline
76%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mcnico
Accepted Solution
OP, just stick with it, I am only a short way into the game and it is frustrating at first, tonight I unlocked the first shotgun perk and it has made a huge difference. I am getting a lot more kills now and it is a good weapon when you unexpectedly bump into an enemy :)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: tips for a noob BF4

02
/16

Deviant_Pink

  • Offline
29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Deviant_Pink
Accepted Solution
Wow a player who wants to communicate... I am fed up of playing as recon and not being able to shout warnings out to peeps I provide over watch to. Played with 3 mates in a mic squad and best games ever.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: tips for a noob BF4

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel