MVP
Playstation Staff

Über Tuesdays - The SSX League

[ Edited ]
2,871 Replies 11,629 Views edited 30-05-2013

Über Tuesdays – The SSX League

ssx community banner.png

Event name: Über Tuesdays – The SSX league

Frequency: Every Tuesday at 7.00pm (and all week!)

Hosts: englishgolfer and Nick_Bester (both via SSX_Event)

The set-up: This community event is run over the whole week and starts every Tuesday at approximately 7pm. With SSX’s unique online set up you’ll be able to compete in your own time, at your own pace any time of the week! As there are 3 different types of events we can compete in (race, tricky and survival) we will use them all. Also on Tuesday night we’ll meet up for some 3-2-1 action (just expect me to fall off the mountain on a regular basis!)

What do I need to do? Firstly, sign up by posting in this thread. If you haven’t done so already, send englishgolfer and Nick_Bester a friend’s request stating SSX in the subject header. You’ll also need to send a friend request to SSX_Event. Then check back in this thread for more information and friendly banter. Finally, if you’ve got a mic hook it up to RiderRadio on Tuesday and joy in the fun. No mic? You can still listen in on RiderRadio!

The league: Each event will give you points depending on the position you finish in (please note: to be able to successfully calculate your points, the event will close 5 minutes before the actual closing time. This will give us enough time to check your positions before the EA servers wipe the times/scores clean).

Points will be awarded as such: Sadly someone has to come last, therefore they will be awarded 1 point, 2nd to last 2 points, 3rd to last 3 points, and so. The top placed rider will get the same amount of points equal to the number of riders in that event.

Other useful information: You’ll notice a league table here in this thread. We’ll be using it to keep you up to date on your scores. The league will be running on a monthly basis so all scores will be reset on the first Tuesday of each month.

Oh, don’t panic if you’re not the next superstar SSX snowboarder and can’t hit those high scores. Every first Tuesday of the month we’ll be running “closest to” events where it’s not the fastest or highest that gets the top points but the person closest to the target scores.

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 2,872 (11,629 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Über Tuesdays - The SSX League

As EG has said, add SSX_Event to ya friend list. 

I'll still be using Tilly-uk to take part in the events but i dont have room for all of you on that account, so im not entirely sure you will be able to see the event if i were to host with Tilly-uk and you were not on me list. 

So to be safe, I'll create events that i host with SSX_Event :smileyhappy:

@Dom, If you read this, get your lad to add the SSX account. He could take part in the 7 day event :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 2,872 (11,616 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Brilliantly well thought out event. Love the league idea wherever you got that idea from :smileywink: It adds continuity to the whole thing which is good.

Good call on the event account too. A 100 people limit for the event should mean everyone can take part and see where they place when you guys put up the results. I'm looking forward to it :smileyhappy:

So is the event starting from this tuesday or next? If it's this tuesday I have to give it a pass. I have to watch my team Arsenal lose to AC Milan :smileysad:

Property of xLegioNx
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 2,872 (11,602 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I get to watch my team Chelsea tonight........:smileyvery-happy:

I'll be making the 7 day event tonight, so youll be able to take part in that :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 2,872 (11,598 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Okay good :smileytongue: I'll hop on that after I cry my eyes out from the game :smileyvery-happy:
Property of xLegioNx
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 2,872 (11,592 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

don't think we can get a Über Tuesday up and running tonight (6th) but perhaps we could do a one off towards the end of the week? but like tilly wrote, the 1st 7-day event will be go-go-go tonight. it'll finish next tuesday night just before the 1st real meet up so there is plenty of points to play for!

oh and i'll be cheering on the gunners tonight - miracles can happen!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 2,872 (11,591 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I could be crying too :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 2,872 (11,591 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

englishgolfer wrote:
don't think we can get a Über Tuesday up and running tonight (6th) but perhaps we could do a one off towards the end of the week? but like tilly wrote, the 1st 7-day event will be go-go-go tonight. it'll finish next tuesday night just before the 1st real meet up so there is plenty of points to play for!

oh and i'll be cheering on the gunners tonight - miracles can happen!

Well we have had a few good comeback recently so there's hope!

Tilly, I'd bet on Chelsea having a comeback before Arsenal with the recent switchup and everything.

Property of xLegioNx
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 2,872 (11,578 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Its hard to believe that as a Chelsea fan im not 100% confident we can beat birmingham away tonight.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 2,872 (11,566 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

should actually just post my skype name for this event. it's

englishgolfer1
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 2,872 (11,543 Views)