on 17-06-2012 07:33 PM
AAAAAAAARRGH wrote:Then I pretty much ended Andy's hopes of closing down the leaders when I put a rear on grass and spun across into his path.
That was all my fault dood, and I didn't feel good about it. The original accident, between me and Pudds, was something to do with a bit of lag, because I managed to somehow bash into the back of him, even though we were heading down the long straight after Mulsanne, and neither of us braked. Next thing I knew, Pudds was spinning out of control to the right of me, and I sat there, well, just coasting along, waiting for Pudds to get back onto track, and then you were large in my rear view. Soz... bad race that one, for me.
on 22-06-2012 12:10 PM
Welcome to the 24/6/12 Sucker Free Sunday thread.
SFS "Sucker Free Sunday" is an open invitation to all Gran Turismo 5 racers to come down to a track each week and have some fun, learn something new, and hopefully make some friends along the way. Every week, different car/track combos and regulations will be posted here on the OPC Forum, along with any other information you will need. The idea is not so much of a tournament or league (no leaderboards or prizes), but more of a track day to get to know fellow drivers from this forum.
This is an all day event, with the idea that you join in at whatever time of the day is most suitable for you. So if you know when you are likely to be on track please feel free to post in this thread and let others know. We are still running this event in private lobbies so you will need to be on the friends list of a regular user to join the races.
Below is all the information you need to take part in this Sunday's races:
- Cars: Maserati GranTurismo S '08.
- Tyres: Sports Hard.
- Aids: All turned off apart from the driving line and ABS, which can be set to 1 (maximum).
- Race Start Times: Throughout the day with no more than 15mins between races
- Track: Spa.
- Total Laps: 6 laps (max).
- Pitstops: optional
- Game Mode: Normal Race.
- Start Type: Grid Start with false start penalty (keep your foot on the brake untill it says go).
- Grid Order: Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Results.
- Boost: No.
- Penalty: Weak.
- PP limit: N/A.
- Power limit: 443 bhp (max)
- Weight limit: 1770 kg (min)
- Grip Reduction: Real.
- Mechanical Damage: Light.
- Any tuning up to power and weight limit.
*READ ME* - Final Information You Need:
- Hosted by 'Pudds' this week. If he hasn't added you on PSN, please add him before Sunday. This is because he will be keeping the lounge open for everyone, even though he might not necessarily be around in person.
- The SFS lounge will be open just before 9am. After you finish a race, whatever time between the race finishing and the next race starting is yours to use in free run or talking. It is up to all of the competitors in the lobby to make sure the races start frequently.
- The lounge text chat will of course be in use. If you have a headset, the voice chat will be live as well. As is normal with the voice chat currently, it might take several minutes to fully kick in, so don't be alarmed if you can't hear anyone to start with.
- Anyone can start the races. The best thing to do, would be to talk to each other either by voice or text chat, so you know everyone is ready to start the next race. Agreeing a start time after each race should be the way to go
- Even though this is SFS, and just a get together, remember to follow the HDC/Honourable Drivers Code.
Finally, the most important thing... have fun out there!
on 22-06-2012 06:13 PM
I think it's about time I had a bash at this. I'm getting bored with the main game now that I've achieved pretty much all I am able to achieve - or have the time to. I've not entered a lounge before so I hope I don't need to wear a shirt and tie and that you'll give me time to adjust my headphones if should I get in
Website ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. [more info]