Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: SFS

Hi.When you join pudds room there will be a recommended section in your garage and should have the right car to use.

Dave.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 371 of 689 (287 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

IT is going to be a bit hairy tomorrow... Cape Ring Periphery has some real high speed sections with some real hard technical bends. But you don't need me tell you that :Wink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 372 of 689 (273 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeh Andy i,ve had a test drive and i like it. It reminds me of the merc in the ott but with a little less stability.But then i,m always different racing so we will see.

Dave

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 373 of 689 (268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

And an excellent day was had by all...

nuff said :Wink:

(probably still going on now but I'd been on since 10:30hrs so had to call is a day)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 374 of 689 (242 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Welcome to the 8/7/12 Sucker Free Sunday thread.

SFS "Sucker Free Sunday" is an open invitation to all Gran Turismo 5 racers to come down to a track each week and have some fun, learn something new, and hopefully make some friends along the way. Every week, different car/track combos and regulations will be posted here on the OPC Forum, along with any other information you will need. The idea is not so much of a tournament or league (no leaderboards or prizes), but more of a track day to get to know fellow drivers from this forum.
This is an all day event, with the idea that you join in at whatever time of the day is most suitable for you. So if you know when you are likely to be on track please feel free to post in this thread and let others know. We are still running this event in private lobbies so you will need to be on the friends list of a regular user to join the races.

Below is all the information you need to take part in this Sunday's races:

Car Information:

- Cars: Peugeot 207 GTi  '07. 

- Tyres: Sports Hard. 

- Aids: All turned off apart from the driving line and ABS, which can be set to 1  (maximum).

Event Settings:

- Race Start Times: Throughout the day with no more than 15mins between races 

- Track: Deep Forest.

- Total Laps: 10 laps (max). 

- Pitstops: optional 

- Game Mode: Normal Race. 

- Start Type: Grid Start with false start penalty (keep your foot on the brake untill it says go).

- Grid Order: Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Results.

- Boost: No. 

- Penalty: Weak. 

- PP limit: N/A.

- Power limit: 256 bhp.

- Weight limit: 1050 kg.

- Grip Reduction: Real. 

- Mechanical Damage: Light. 

Tuning:

- Any tuning and setup adjustment within power and weight limit..

*READ ME* - Final Information You Need:
 - Hosted by 'Pudds'  this week. If he hasn't added you on PSN, please add him before Sunday. This is because he will be keeping the lounge open for everyone, even though he might not necessarily be around in person.
 - The SFS lounge will be open just before 9am.  After you finish a race, whatever time between the race finishing and the next race starting is yours to use in free run or talking. It is up to all of the competitors in the lobby to make sure the races start frequently. 
 - The lounge text chat will of course be in use. If you have a headset, the voice chat will be live as well. As is normal with the voice chat currently, it might take several minutes to fully kick in, so don't be alarmed if you can't hear anyone to start with.
 - Anyone can start the races. The best thing to do, would be to talk to each other either by voice or text chat, so you know everyone is ready to start the next race. Agreeing a start time after each race should be the way to go
 - Even though this is SFS, and just a get together, remember to follow the HDC/Honourable Drivers Code.
Finally, the most important thing... have fun out there!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 375 of 689 (210 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Gonna try pop along for the morning session. Before all the fun begins at Silverstone :smileyhappy:

Not played GT5 for a few weeks now coz I have been in bed mostly with the flu. Add to that I just got a WheeStand Pro today. So it will probably take me some time to adjust to it :smileyhappy:

Whaaaaat?Alphazone4@RenegadEuphoriXWatch Me
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 376 of 689 (234 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Welcome to the 15/7/12 Sucker Free Sunday thread.

SFS "Sucker Free Sunday" is an open invitation to all Gran Turismo 5 racers to come down to a track each week and have some fun, learn something new, and hopefully make some friends along the way. Every week, different car/track combos and regulations will be posted here on the OPC Forum, along with any other information you will need. The idea is not so much of a tournament or league (no leaderboards or prizes), but more of a track day to get to know fellow drivers from this forum.
This is an all day event, with the idea that you join in at whatever time of the day is most suitable for you. So if you know when you are likely to be on track please feel free to post in this thread and let others know. We are still running this event in private lobbies so you will need to be on the friends list of a regular user to join the races.

Car Information:

- Cars: RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7. 

- Tyres: Sports Soft. 

- Aids: All turned off apart from the driving line and ABS, which can be set to 1  (maximum).

Event Settings:

- Track: Special Stage Route 5.

- Total Laps: 10 laps (max). 

- Pitstops: optional 

- Start Type: Grid Start with false start penalty (keep your foot on the brake untill it says go).

- PP limit: N/A.

- Power limit: N/A.

- Weight limit: N/A.

Tuning:

- Factory spec.

- Oil change, engine rebuild and body restoration allowed.

- Hosted by 'Pudds'  this week. If he hasn't added you on PSN, please add him before Sunday. This is because he will be keeping the lounge open for everyone, even though he might not necessarily be around in person.
 - The SFS lounge will be open just before 9am.  After you finish a race, whatever time between the race finishing and the next race starting is yours to use in free run or talking. It is up to all of the competitors in the lobby to make sure the races start frequently. 
 - The lounge text chat will of course be in use. If you have a headset, the voice chat will be live as well. As is normal with the voice chat currently, it might take several minutes to fully kick in, so don't be alarmed if you can't hear anyone to start with.
 - Anyone can start the races. The best thing to do, would be to talk to each other either by voice or text chat, so you know everyone is ready to start the next race. Agreeing a start time after each race should be the way to go
 - Even though this is SFS, and just a get together, remember to follow the HDC/Honourable Drivers Code.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 377 of 689 (205 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Welcome to the 22/7/12 Sucker Free Sunday thread.

Car Information:

- Cars: VW Beetle 1200 '66. 

- Tyres: Comfort Medium. 

Event Settings:

- Track: London.

- Total Laps: 12 laps (max). 

- Pitstops: N/A 

- Start Type: Grid with false start penalty.

- PP limit: 400 pp.

Tuning:

- Any tuning up to pp limit.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 378 of 689 (183 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I'm gonna have to miss out on SFS for the next 3 weeks:smileysad:.......Going on holiday:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 379 of 689 (179 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Have a nice break Weezy, see you when  you come back.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 380 of 689 (161 Views)
0 Kudos