24 Jul 2012
By PUDZY08
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

100MB Wired Connection and Still Slow....

6 Replies 744 Views Created 24-07-2012

Hey, I am using Virgin Media 100MB Connection and Disabled Wireless and Connecting to PS3 Via Ethernet and for some reason Im getting 10 - 20MB (MAX) On most days I will get like 5 - 10 and It's kinda frustrating because I changed providers and choose virgin for its fast net and kinda lame on PS3...... When on PC Im getting 80 - 96MB so I dont think its the provider.

Please leave comments and tell me what you think thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (744 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: 100MB Wired Connection and Still Slow....

Bud im on the same service as yourself.

I think the ps3 is capped at a certain speed i get half on my ps3 and its wired.
Even downloading from store is slow at times, as pc films can take 5 mins.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (728 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I know PS3 is capped mate but when I had the Virgin 60MB service a while back my downloads were going alot faster and now they seem to be slower than usual, I dont know if it has something to do with the router but if that was so I thought it would also effect my PC but fine so maybe...... I Will try contact Sony and maybe they can help out some way I dont know

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (724 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Hope you get it sorted out m8, I know the super hub has a built in fire wall, iM not technically minded on these things lol.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (718 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Yeah I Disabled Firewall and a Few other Useless features and seemed to Boost speed a but but only seen a change on PC, Still was being lame on PS3

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (714 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The max upload that Sony gives is around 30Mbit so you will only get upto 30Mbit download speeds, its simple realy when you download something off the store your only connecting to 1 link not multiple links like you can on a PC this is why speeds change too, if you have a download manager on PC it finds multiple files that are the same and downloads from all so you get your full speed, PSN doesnt work like that.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (678 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

thats your solution thats rubbish i dont need more questions or obvious statements  how the hell do i fix this problem im not paying for 100meg for nothing sony should really fix this issue especially if there going to move on to playstation 4 soon , of course ill be getting the new xbox sick and tired of playstations poxy service

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (240 Views)
0 Kudos