10 May 2012
By impidoo
Playstation Staff

Argh!! Lag/connection problems...

3 Replies 569 Views Created 10-05-2012

Hi Guys,

My name is Jess.

I play call of duty every night, and have for a long time. I have never really had any connection problems, but this last week, it sometimes wont let me sign into PSN or it wont let me find games and then signs me out a few minutes later. Or i am in a game and it signs me out of the PSN. And when i do get a game it is laggy and just not right... 

Also when i am logged in, it takes a long time to load anything- including the playstation store, messages i want to read...friendlist...etc.

I really don't know why, as my internet works fine on my other devices and i have never had a problem like this before. 

I use a wireless connection as i can't use a wired connection because the modem is too far away...

Please help,

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (569 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Argh!! Lag/connection problems...

[ Edited ]

First thing I always do when ever I get connection issues is reset my modem.

As You are using wireless. Check to see if there is something that is causing interferance.

P.S. COD is notorious for connection problems due to the fact it uses P2P.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (566 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Girl gamers don't exist...... What this......

On a more on topic note,

If you're console is too far from the modem, you probably have a weak signal strength. The Network requirement is a minimum of 75%. If you are below this, you will have issues. If it's only been happening this week, you may have been capped by your ISP. Give them a call and find out your CURRENT speed. Reason for caps lock is they may tell you your plan speed and not current speed.

Try resetting the router by removing all cables for 2-3 minute then replacing them back in and allowing the router to restart itself completely. Then try to connect again.

''Only after disaster can we be resurrected.'' - Tyler Durden.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (554 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Ok, thanks heaps for your help.

I restarted the modem, waited 3 minutes and plugged it back in and it's been working fantastic today.

Thank you :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (540 Views)
0 Kudos