PSN General

19 Dec 2008
By: MisterBronze Member 67 Posts
Level 1

Can I get a refund for a PSN game?

15 Replies 5752 Views Created 19-12-2008

I recently purchased GTI Club+ on PSN and cannot connect online with the game.

I found that other people on this forum are having the same problem, so I decided to contact Konami's Customer Support. The response I received was that the game has trouble connecting when in Wireless mode and that I should play the game in Wired mode.

Well, this is not an option for me and as I bought the game for its online play and was not warned of this problem, I feel I have a right to demand a refund. I can find no contact details for Sony for this...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (5,752 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Re: Can I get a refund for a PSN game?

MisterBronze wrote:

I recently purchased GTI Club+ on PSN and cannot connect online with the game.

I found that other people on this forum are having the same problem, so I decided to contact Konami's Customer Support. The response I received was that the game has trouble connecting when in Wireless mode and that I should play the game in Wired mode.

Well, this is not an option for me and as I bought the game for its online play and was not warned of this problem, I feel I have a right to demand a refund. I can find no contact details for Sony for this...

Ring 08705 99 88 77

Tell us how you get on.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (5,724 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I live in Spain, so that will be an expensive phone call. I will wait until Monday, when I am back in my office and tell you what happens.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (5,710 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Tell them you will get in touch with the Spanish equivalent of Trading Standards if they get cheeky and see what they say to that! Good Luck!

Marty 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (5,659 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Simple answer; NO!
"we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"
Oscar Wilde
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (5,677 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

im afraid not, i guess it would lead to people abusing the store and buying games to try them or get trophies and then want a refund
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PSN ID : MrDazreth

One Love, Stretford End, MUFC
United Top Of The League. United United Top Of The League!!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (5,673 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Well I would get some sort of compensation, because selling a faulty product is against the law and that is exactly what has happened. Konami have even admitted to me that the game does not work correctly in Wireless mode and I have the email stating that fact. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (5,637 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Sureley you should be able to get a refund if it doesent state anywhere that it doesent work very well in wireless mode and they have openly admitted it doesent in an email.

http://www.justgiving.com/christopher-irving/
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (5,580 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Those are my thoughts precisely.

Monday will be my moment of truth.. if the office is open for the festive season :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (5,550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

May be hard to prove your case.  There may be problems connecting wirelessly but the game does play online through wired mode.  So if they advertise you can play online they haven't broken any law unless they state specifically you can connect wirelessly and yo can't

Wii
Iphone 3GS
Sony Bravia 40w2000, Onkyo 607, Mission M33i floor standing speakers for front. Q Acoustic 1010i centre and rears, Q Acoustic 1000 Sub
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (5,459 Views)
0 Kudos