17 Mar 2012
By Pustako
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Cannot login to PlayStation Store using MediaGo

[ Edited ]
2 Replies 608 Views edited 17-03-2012

Hi,

I am unable to login to PlayStation Store using latest version of MediaGo software (2.0 b317, Windows XP 32-bit version). After I click "Sign In" or try to add anything to cart, I enter my email and password and always seem to get "An error has occurred." message, after which I am taken back to the store.

It's quite a nasty error, since it tells me nothing and there is no entry in Tools->Show Error Log. Because of that I am not able to buy or download anything from the PlayStation Store. I noticed the error pops up no matter what I enter into login/password boxes, as if the whole login functionality was turned off. Note I have no problems browsing through the store, check prices, ratings etc.

Could you please provide me with some support or direct me to possible solution?

Thank you in advance. All the best!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (608 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Cannot login to PlayStation Store using MediaGo

BUMP

Do none of you guys ever had/has any problems signing into the Playstation Store using Media Go, am I really the only one?

If so, maybe you could recommend me what to do to fix my problem, maybe a call to Sony's tech support? It is quite a pain in the rear, having the latest iteration of PSP without the WiFi support you know. Is there any other possibility, apart from Media Go, to buy and download stuff from the Store using PC?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (589 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Cannot login to PlayStation Store using MediaGo

OK found the solution! Had a lot of .NET, Visual C++ Redist and XNA versions installed (damn Steam) which probably messed up with what Media Go really needed. Uninstalled almost all above software versions (apart from .NET 2.0, required by AMD CCC), made a fresh Media Go install which configured everything it needed and now it works properly. I attach screenshot from current Microsoft software versions I have up and running: http://i.imgur.com/ml0wY.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (558 Views)
0 Kudos