03 Jun 2011
By validis
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Cant get my second free game

23 Replies 3,418 Views Created 03-06-2011

I was on the ps3 store, clicked the "get your free games" box, and then selected infamous. i didnt have enough space on my hard drive to download it, so i went and made space. Upon returning to the store, I can no longer get to the free games section, and when i click the picture of the 5 games, it does nothing :/

does anybody know how i can get around this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24 (3,418 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: Cant get my second free game

Message 2 of 24 (3,314 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Same here, downloaded LBP and then went back in to get Wipeout and now shows no other games to download

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24 (3,311 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do? 
A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.

1. On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
  2. Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
  3. Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed
  4. Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

You will be taken to the store to choose your remaining free games.

Message 4 of 24 (3,285 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

All sorted now

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24 (3,247 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

I was so scared when this happened to me. I thought I wasn't going to get my free games. :smileysad:

I'll save downloading the PS+ stuff til later on, as the Store is slow with everyone using it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24 (3,152 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Tried it through the store and it said I needed to download the "Playstation 3 free games pack" tried that and it gave the error 80710D36.

Had a go doing it the other way through account management and the same error. I guess the store is getting hammered at the moment so will try again tomorrow.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24 (3,015 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

That's probably down to the heavy network traffic. Try again a bit later and it should be fine.
Message 8 of 24 (2,983 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Yeah that's what I'm going to do. Looking forward to Infamous and from what I've heard it's a great game.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24 (2,946 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Thanks for the help guys. Sorted now! I got the error code, but after a few tries, it worked :smileyhappy:
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24 (2,882 Views)
0 Kudos