27 Apr 2009
Playstation Staff

Change PSN password without going on PS3?

21 Replies 228,780 Views Created 27-04-2009

I want to change my PSN password [details unnescersary, just want info plx =D] and want to do it from my computer. How can I go about doing this? Stupid website so hard to navigate. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22 (228,780 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Change PSN password without going on PS3?

When you get to the "My Profile" page scroll down to my hardware.
Under My Hardware you will see two links.

Click the second one.

RIP Launch 60Gb PS3 March 2007- September 2010
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22 (228,742 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Thankyou :smileyvery-happy: Apparently i'm blind..
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22 (228,616 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

hi...ive just been reading your replie for that question, ive changed my password on here because my ps3 died YLOD but i always had the password saved on my ps3 do you know if this makes any difference

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22 (228,317 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

No it doesnt till u have got a confirmation on ur email id that ur password has been changed its all fine the password on ur PS3 that would be saved will be the old one and will not work as u have changed it.

So no need to worry

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22 (228,307 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

ive just made this account cos it wont let me change password for other it said it sent me an email to give me the instructions on how to change my password but no message came through... so wen i try signing in it says i have to change my password i press ok then it comes up with error occured and i dont no what to do... can anyone help me please? :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22 (164,992 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

As the servers just came up after a major downtime there is heavy load on the PSN servers....So just wait patiently as the email with instructions as to how to change your password will come soon...Many other people are also facing the same problem...So just give it a few hours for it to function perfectly

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22 (164,890 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

thats what i told my sister to do and she waited all day yesterday and half of today and still hasnt got an email she thinks its coz she is using a hotmail account to log in and im using westnet and it gave me the email straight away but when i done it for her one and it said it had sent then i done it again and it had said error and still no email?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22 (161,051 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

please boys, a have lost my password from my e-mail, than I dont now be accorded to my e-mail and I dont to see  my reset devise, please boys, able to HELP???

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22 (157,338 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

thanks so much now i can go back to killing zombies with my friends on C.O.D

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22 (136,679 Views)
0 Kudos