Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

[Contact Us] Playstation Support Number

[ Edited ]
930 Replies 491,475 Views edited 08-01-2015

Hi guys,

Did you know that we provide different online services to help answer your questions or fix your issues without having to call the PlayStation Support number?

- Try our online troubleshooting or arrange a return online here

Online returns.png  

- Error code information can be found here

Error codes.png

- PlayStation articles that provide information about any product or service and issues related to them can be found here

FAQ's.png

- Our community have an average response time of less than 5 minutes so why don't you try posting your query on our support boards:

PSN Support

PS4 Support

PS3 Support

PS Vita Support

Other Systems Support

If you still need to get in touch with PlayStation Support, you can find our contact information here

SFZ

LABELS: Other
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

x-iTz-J4MMY-x

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
x-iTz-J4MMY-x
Accepted Solution

Nicely said  i agree that it was not fit for sale. Mines only lasted about 2 years yellow line of death. surly even if not under warrant they should fix it for free 'cause it happened at random  for me. And my mw2 disk is still in there.

0 Kudos

Re: Playstation Customer Service Number 08705 99 88 77

/16

weirdNumber

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
weirdNumber
Accepted Solution
Last night I rang and the automated system said that the lines open at 8am. I guess not. I have been on hold for 30 minutes now.
0 Kudos

/16

weirdNumber

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
weirdNumber
Accepted Solution
Couple of days to de-authorise my broken PS3 from the video store!? I hope the guy on the phone was just being cautious and managing expectations.
0 Kudos

/16

sparky2005

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sparky2005
Accepted Solution
Some advise pleas before I call customer services
I ordered ps3 slim from Amazon in March. The fan was so noisy. It was as noisey as my xbox 360. I sent it back and they replaced it
for the first month it was much quieter. However the fan now is constantly on. Not a little but whirring away. Even when i watch bluray, play games, or watch a downloaded film.
Even with the volume up loud I can still here the fan. When the ps3 is just turned on you can hear the fan a foot away. So loud.

I can't return it to amazon as it's past their 30 days.
What options do I have

Thank you
sorry if this in the wrong thread

sparky2005
0 Kudos

/16

Zonexx

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Zonexx
Accepted Solution

sparky2005 wrote:
Some advise pleas before I call customer services
I ordered ps3 slim from Amazon in March. The fan was so noisy. It was as noisey as my xbox 360. I sent it back and they replaced it
for the first month it was much quieter. However the fan now is constantly on. Not a little but whirring away. Even when i watch bluray, play games, or watch a downloaded film.
Even with the volume up loud I can still here the fan. When the ps3 is just turned on you can hear the fan a foot away. So loud.

I can't return it to amazon as it's past their 30 days.
What options do I have

Thank you
sorry if this in the wrong thread

sparky2005

Just contact Sony. I'm sure they'll help you.

I just got the latest PS3 CECH-2103B 2 days ago and I have this same whirring/whining noise on mine. So it's annoying. I'm going to take it back to retailer. If I get no joy there, I'll contact Sony.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Drowshall

• Beta Tester
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Drowshall
Accepted Solution
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me diagnose a problem before I call sony and ask what options they can offer me, or if it'll be better off just going and buying a slim...

okay so here's the details... Lauch ps3 system, for the past few months the fan has been really loud, which I hasn't bothered me much since I play with headphones. But last week something strange happened. My ps3 crashed.... alot... every 5 - 10 minutes after being switched on.

After the crash it'll reset with a single flash of the yellow light, followed by repeated flashing red lights. A single press on the power button stops it flashing and puts the system in standby mode, another press will turn on the system, only for it to crash again within 10 minutes.

So I've been away for a week now, left the ps3 unplugged and in a cool dry place, tried the system again... same thing happening. So does anyone have an idea whats happened? and how can sony help me?
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution
sounds like a YLOD - except they don't normally work again (at all) after that happens.

Sony could help you by giving (ok, selling) you a refurb model for £130ish.
But I'd start grabbing backups while you can in the mean time!

Other options are available - you might want to read my YLOD thread, linked to from my sig :)
0 Kudos

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Beta Tester
/16

BenchyUK

• Beta Tester
90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BenchyUK
Accepted Solution

Do Playstation Networking have an email address i can contact them on instead of calling them. Its to do with getting my singstar tracks transferred onto a new console

0 Kudos

/16

kevballs

87%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kevballs
Accepted Solution
It's my turn to give Sony a call regarding a dead PS3, For a 7 month old slim of all things. :(
I turned it on yesterday (Sunday) morning and played an hour of bioshock 2 before going to work. I finish playing, quit game, scroll over and turn off the system thinking, "Yeah, that was a good start to the game, I'll enjoy that when I get in later".
So I get home from work 7 hours later, turn on the machine and I get the green light on the front but no splash screen or xmb.
My first thought was it was the HDMI socket that'd failed , so I go to swap to the old scart cable and turn it off at the button, but nothing happens, I hold the button down for 3ish minutes to reset the screen settings, still nothing happens. I was able to eject bioshock 2 from the tray, but the ps3 does nothing. Neither the fan or the 320gb hard drive kick in on bootup.

I thought it might be a hard drive problem so swapped it for my old dead (ylod) 60gb ps3's drive but to no avail.

I'm far from happy at this turn of events. My (second hand) 60gb ps3 lasted me nearly 2 years and that was on anywhere from 8 - 18 hours a day since playtv came out. The slim had nowhere near as much use, and it was kept in the same place as the 60gb, in fact, in the last two weeks it's barely been touched for games, only recording on playtv, as I picked up a cheap xbox to play the mass effect games on, (which are awesome I might add, if you haven't played them and you own an xbox, get them, lol)

Any way, I'm going to give sony a call now and hope they'll repair it without formating the hdd, as I hadn't backed up in while and don't have my old backup anymore :( (I needed the space on my external drive so deleted it)

Wish me luck.
0 Kudos

/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution
good luck! :) (but I'm afraid I'm not holding my breath for your data... :()
0 Kudos

/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution

BenchyUK wrote:

Do Playstation Networking have an email address i can contact them on instead of calling them. Its to do with getting my singstar tracks transferred onto a new console

yes, its 

help@uk.playstation.com

not sure if they can / will do the singstar via email or not though.

0 Kudos

/16

aniil1

56%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
aniil1
Accepted Solution

Thanks For the Number, any Chance on more info 

i.e.

When the Lines are Open (what Days)

what times are the Lines Open (from when to when)

How much it costs (£x per min)

it would help even more, thanks.

P.S. i have a huge problem, if anyone can help me with it it would be really nice, check the post HERE

0 Kudos

/16

craigs38

38%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
craigs38
Accepted Solution

I was on that call line for alomsot 15 mins and no answer... I called at 7:00PM btw

0 Kudos

/16

rabiuddin

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rabiuddin
Accepted Solution
I've called sony couple of times and it's like very few of my questions/problems were resolved and others just remained problems.. They should be more active and customer friendly in order to resolve our problems, however there are a couple of people who help you out but others just don't seem to be helpful sorry..
0 Kudos

/16

charts1962

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
charts1962
Accepted Solution

do u know how to get games and packs off older id user

0 Kudos

/16

RogierRairbit

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RogierRairbit
Accepted Solution

I hope none of you ever have to go through the tedious and *****ty process of sending your playstation back to them for repair.

After 1 week the blu-ray failed so I sent it back to them only for them to loose it when they send it back to me.

And to top that off, I've been spending over 2 weeks pushing for them to get me a tracking number.

Im tired of you Sony, I hope you all die a nasty and messy death.

Time to go Xbox.

Sony - Scam Outrage Neurotic Yetis

PS: Sony - I'm gonna post this on every *****ing forum I find to keep you ***** admins busy.

0 Kudos

Sony Support Sucks

/16

FooFan73

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FooFan73
Accepted Solution

RogierRairbit wrote:

I hope none of you ever have to go through the tedious and *****ty process of sending your playstation back to them for repair.

After 1 week the blu-ray failed so I sent it back to them only for them to loose it when they send it back to me.

And to top that off, I've been spending over 2 weeks pushing for them to get me a tracking number.

Im tired of you Sony, I hope you all die a nasty and messy death.

Time to go Xbox.

Sony - Scam Outrage Neurotic Yetis

PS: Sony - I'm gonna post this on every *****ing forum I find to keep you ***** admins busy.

Sweary angry person is sweary (and angry)

0 Kudos

Re: Sony Support Sucks

Photobucket
/16

paulhuggy

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
paulhuggy
Accepted Solution

i cant play my friends online on pro evo 11.what do i do?

0 Kudos

Re: Sony Support Sucks

/16

sohail7_8_6

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sohail7_8_6
Accepted Solution
They need to improve there email support

Phone supprt is good
0 Kudos

/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KIERAN-LANZDELL-
Accepted Solution

some one has hacked into my account and downloaded one of  the gameshares,could you tell me how to get it back. not happy

0 Kudos

/16

[robert.lavers]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[robert.lavers]
Accepted Solution
No Nintendo breakdowns experiences for me but I can aggree with comments about microsoft.They were awful. Kept machine for over 20 days which i had to phone around and practically order the couier to pick it up myself only for it to develope the same fault a month later. They tried to blame me saying i had been moving it whilst on but this was not the case. The customer service operator was not even in the UK and despite several letters they have not once had the decency to reply to my questions over these issues.
My psp was replaced in 48hours,over a door closing problem, with only one 15min phone call. PS1 went on forever but PS2 broke,misalined lazer problem, just after 3 years. They sent out a reconditioned unit for 70£ which was a bargain all them years ago. Again it only took one phone call and the unit was in my hands within 3 days. All well with PS3 so far.."touch wood".
This is the reason i returned to Sony after my brief encounter with the 360.
COMUNICATION. ITs good to talk...on microsofts premium line call centre:mad:
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel