PSN General

Re: European petition to remove icon singstar from the list games on ps3

I sign the petition.

Please use plain text.
Message 331 of 939 (981 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Signed. Please please get this stupid icon and wallpaper off of my ps3. I did not ask for it, I did not add it, I do not want it.

How about I come and paint your excutive office wall with this singstar wallpaper and stick the icon on the window, I'm sure you would soon get them moved.
Please use plain text.
Message 332 of 939 (839 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

As far as I'm concerned SCEE, your continued silence on the issue, has spoken volumes as to how much you really give a damn about your consumers.

Why you cannot give everyone the option of customizing their xmb? Oh yea that's right, advertisers.
Sod the customers just keep the advertisers happy..Nice one.

The amount of posts here and on other forums across the net, show just how unpopular this whole decision was, I think you actually damaged the brand more than promoting it tbh

Out of all the unpopular decisions you have made with the ps3 ( such as only 2 machines activated at a time, an awful new store, that clearly has not been thought through) this one is the biggest kick in the teeth yet.

Don't think that remaining silent, people are going to forget We don't forget.
As of now its PC all the way for me, I be buggered if im going to have a games console that spam's me, because I have a sneaky feeling this is what is planned for the next gen.

Yeah yeah its a bit of a rant i know, but after nearly 4 months of silence i reckon its justified.

Please use plain text.
Message 333 of 939 (666 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Don't give up, keep fighting http://community.singstar.com/t5/SingStar/bd-p/717 the silence from Sony on this is issue is disgraceful.
Please use plain text.
Message 334 of 939 (546 Views)
Level 11

wunpundfish wrote:
Don't give up, keep fighting http://community.singstar.com/t5/SingStar/bd-p/717 the silence from Sony on this is issue is disgraceful.

You can't really expect it to miraculously disappear overnight, my guess it will take a system firmware update to remove it. Best thing people can do is wait for the next system firmware update to see if it gets removed, if it's not removed then kick up a fuss. 

I am not a fan of Singstar myself it's not so much the XMB icon itself for me it's the location above my download content. I would of thought with the negative attitude this has brought it will be removed or moved at some point, don't expect a software update just for the Singstar icon removal.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 335 of 939 (534 Views)
0 Kudos

Signed

Please use plain text.
Message 336 of 939 (516 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Bit old now, but just seen this - thought it was pretty apt!

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/127u9n/classic_singstar_xmb_analogy/

Please use plain text.
Message 337 of 939 (456 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Signed
Please use plain text.
Message 338 of 939 (388 Views)
0 Kudos

I agree. Get rid of it Sony! Or we'll start investing in someone else's products!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 339 of 939 (301 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

Wow, nothing. Still...

I would understand any update would need be in firmware so would need wait anyway, but if thats the case they could as least say something, If thats not the case and it's staying they could at least [edited myself] give some sort of response.

Suppose Im in utter disbelief this has gone on like this for monthswith so many responses and only the blog manager could bring himself to make a short response. It's truely aweful way treat customers from what I'm seeing here.

Oh well, with steam/amazon sales and bundles im saving a shedload, It's sony missing out on my cash going throught their eco system not me. 

Please use plain text.
Message 340 of 939 (161 Views)
0 Kudos