90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

European petition to remove icon singstar from the list games on ps3

994 Replies 9,836 Views Created 26-10-2012

to all people of europe post here all your complaints to remove icon from the list singstar ps3 games .. this bad  is just in Europe (SCEE).  in america with the same update is not included icon singstar!
me from italy and now post this link in all the forums playstation in europe .. together we can do it all! thanks

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Maniak_Medic

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Maniak_Medic
Accepted Solution

I have to say this is only the second post I have made on the subject but I have voted with my wallet.

Since the update to force an advertisement, which is how I currently view the icon, onto our XMB, dashboard, whatever you may call it, I have not bought a game for this format.
Possibly have auto-renewed my PSplus sub, but honestly would have done it manually if I had to.

For those threatening to migrate to Xbox, I have to ask; Have you had the experience of owning one?
I love the simplicity of the playstation dashboard, previously uncluttered as it was. Navigating a Xbox is a hideous affair - to the point of I migrated to my PS3, only keep my xbox for Mass Effect (and look how that turned out.... I despise EA).

But that's just me. I have the options to be able to vote with my wallet without impacting my gaming entertainment. As a side note a double whammy of Steam sales at the ***** end of last year left my wallet a fair chunk lighter - mainly for games I already owned on consoles.

I'm sorry Sony, but it looks as though I am now migrating away from your hardware for my game purchases. Odd what ripples a small pebble can make...

Imagine how things would have worked out if only given a small option. Nobody would have thought about it twice. A quick press of triangle and then selection of delete - for those who want/ed it removed - and everyone could have gone about there gaming happy.

You will let us know when you correct this anomoly, won't you?

Re: European petition to remove icon singstar from the list games on ps3

/16

mgsbox

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mgsbox
Accepted Solution

It's vaguely annoying, nothing I get all upset about though. I spend about 4 seconds on the XMB before I boot up a game.

0 Kudos

/16

OutcomeZero

52%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
OutcomeZero
Accepted Solution

agree 100%

/16

skul8

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
skul8
Accepted Solution

come on sony enough is enough,just look at all the people that want to delete this unwanted icon.im never going to use it so your wasting your time with me.cant be that hard for you to make a delete option for it,can it!!!!

have you even seen how many google results there is on this topic.

while im at it the trophys was better in the game list,after all dont you get trophys from playing games???

Re: European petition to remove icon singstar from the list games on

MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution

Set my PS3 to launch on What's New. Within about half an hour I'd completely forgotten about this.

If google results say everything then take a look at this. Compared to PlayStation, and actual games that people actually play, with regards to this issue, nobody cares:

your problems.PNG

Man up and use your PS3 for what it's actually made for. The only people entitled to moan about this are the ones who work in Game stores where the manager refuses to load up a game and sits on the XMB all day.

Re: European petition to remove icon singstar from the list games on

[ Edited ]

/16

SuperUnknown79

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SuperUnknown79
Accepted Solution
So after 3 months it's still there and still no response from Sony on the feedback we were assured was passed on? Truly shoddy customer service. Good luck with the ps4, you'll need it!
0 Kudos

/16

skul8

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
skul8
Accepted Solution
But the google results are real.
0 Kudos

/16

MarioKart2007

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MarioKart2007
Accepted Solution
Signed. Please please get this stupid icon and wallpaper off of my ps3. I did not ask for it, I did not add it, I do not want it.

How about I come and paint your excutive office wall with this singstar wallpaper and stick the icon on the window, I'm sure you would soon get them moved.
0 Kudos

/16

mOrdi_

73%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mOrdi_
Accepted Solution

As far as I'm concerned SCEE, your continued silence on the issue, has spoken volumes as to how much you really give a damn about your consumers.

Why you cannot give everyone the option of customizing their xmb? Oh yea that's right, advertisers.
Sod the customers just keep the advertisers happy..Nice one.

The amount of posts here and on other forums across the net, show just how unpopular this whole decision was, I think you actually damaged the brand more than promoting it tbh

Out of all the unpopular decisions you have made with the ps3 ( such as only 2 machines activated at a time, an awful new store, that clearly has not been thought through) this one is the biggest kick in the teeth yet.

Don't think that remaining silent, people are going to forget We don't forget.
As of now its PC all the way for me, I be buggered if im going to have a games console that spam's me, because I have a sneaky feeling this is what is planned for the next gen.

Yeah yeah its a bit of a rant i know, but after nearly 4 months of silence i reckon its justified.

0 Kudos

/16

wunpundfish

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wunpundfish
Accepted Solution
Don't give up, keep fighting http://community.singstar.com/t5/SingStar/bd-p/717 the silence from Sony on this is issue is disgraceful.

MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution

wunpundfish wrote:
Don't give up, keep fighting http://community.singstar.com/t5/SingStar/bd-p/717 the silence from Sony on this is issue is disgraceful.

You can't really expect it to miraculously disappear overnight, my guess it will take a system firmware update to remove it. Best thing people can do is wait for the next system firmware update to see if it gets removed, if it's not removed then kick up a fuss. 

I am not a fan of Singstar myself it's not so much the XMB icon itself for me it's the location above my download content. I would of thought with the negative attitude this has brought it will be removed or moved at some point, don't expect a software update just for the Singstar icon removal.

0 Kudos

/16

Ew_Tux

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ew_Tux
Accepted Solution

mont348 wrote:

wunpundfish wrote:

You can't really expect it to miraculously disappear overnight, my guess it will take a system firmware update to remove it. Best thing people can do is wait for the next system firmware update to see if it gets removed, if it's not removed then kick up a fuss. 

I got prompted to install 4.31 yesterday ... it's still there. Can we kick up a fuss nao?

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution

Ew_Tux wrote:

mont348 wrote:

wunpundfish wrote:

I got prompted to install 4.31 yesterday ... it's still there. Can we kick up a fuss nao?

Interesting I thought 4.31 was optional have been on 4.31 for a while myself. It may mean another update maybe due soon if 4.31 is now mandatory.

0 Kudos

/16

Ew_Tux

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ew_Tux
Accepted Solution

mont348 wrote:

Ew_Tux wrote:

mont348 wrote:

wunpundfish wrote:

Interesting I thought 4.31 was optional have been on 4.31 for a while myself. It may mean another update maybe due soon if 4.31 is now mandatory.

Wanted to play Dead Space 3 co op and it prompted me to update.

0 Kudos

/16

NorWolfy

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NorWolfy
Accepted Solution

Signed

0 Kudos

/16

Dragomyrr

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dragomyrr
Accepted Solution

Bit old now, but just seen this - thought it was pretty apt!

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/127u9n/classic_singstar_xmb_analogy/

0 Kudos

/16

sk8zors

71%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sk8zors
Accepted Solution
Signed
0 Kudos

/16

xc1234

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xc1234
Accepted Solution
I agree. Get rid of it Sony! Or we'll start investing in someone else's products!!!
0 Kudos

/16

pepper_duo

87%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pepper_duo
Accepted Solution

Wow, nothing. Still...

I would understand any update would need be in firmware so would need wait anyway, but if thats the case they could as least say something, If thats not the case and it's staying they could at least [edited myself] give some sort of response.

Suppose Im in utter disbelief this has gone on like this for monthswith so many responses and only the blog manager could bring himself to make a short response. It's truely aweful way treat customers from what I'm seeing here.

Oh well, with steam/amazon sales and bundles im saving a shedload, It's sony missing out on my cash going throught their eco system not me. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

GANTZn00b

99%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GANTZn00b
Accepted Solution

sony europe doesnt care about listening and responding to singstar related feedback and when they do its in a sarcarstic and mocking way like on day1 of this disaster

GET RID OF THAT SINGSRAT SPAM SONY PLEASE !!!

[ Edited ]
/16

SuperUnknown79

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SuperUnknown79
Accepted Solution
@pepper, its ridiculous that after we were repeatedly assured our feedback was being passed on & discussed that we have had no final message from anyone.

Their silence tells us what they think of their customers.
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel