22 Nov 2009
Playstation Staff

Facebook trophy sync question

9 Replies 3,743 Views Created 22-11-2009
I turned on all the new FB PS3 options to 'on' yesterday and played through some Uncharted 2 in order to test trophy sync today. Unlocked 2 or 3 trophies and after my game session went to the trophy section on XMB in order to sync - receiving 33% then error message (appears i'm not the only one). Anyway, tried syncing in the last 10 mins - success. Went to FB page but no trophy post. Will my new trophies play catch up and post shortly?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (3,743 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Facebook trophy sync question

Ok, FB has just updated with trophies - excellent. Took about 10 mins in total.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (3,737 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Not sure why you got such a long delay between syncing and appearing on facebook, it's pretty instantaneous for me. Facebook is known to have lots of different issues though. 

Photobucket

Message 3 of 10 (3,730 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

mrfodds wrote:
Facebook is known to have lots of different issues though. 

It really does. When 3.10 launched I bought some stuff off the store to test the updating and synced some trophies. Both were instant. I literally synched, then F5'd my home page on FB and they were there. Today I got some CoD Classic trophies. Synced them around midnight - took 3 hours to appear on FB.

The sony side works a treat. FB is a bugger, tho and can be sporadic with everything. I even get email notifications days after the related event.

Failbook.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (3,714 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I could do with some help on this matter please.

I turned on all the options and synced the trophy list but nothing has appeared on facebook. Is it the case that all my trohies that i have wont appear but only the new trophies that i earn??

Also do i have to do anything on facebook to activate/sync it or is it just what iv switched on on the ps3.

What other ps3 activity will show up on facebook?? and does it show on the my news feed/home screen on fb.

Sorry for all the questions but im an old noob gamer :-)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (3,696 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

jaker11123 wrote:

I could do with some help on this matter please.

I turned on all the options and synced the trophy list but nothing has appeared on facebook. Is it the case that all my trohies that i have wont appear but only the new trophies that i earn??

Also do i have to do anything on facebook to activate/sync it or is it just what iv switched on on the ps3.

What other ps3 activity will show up on facebook?? and does it show on the my news feed/home screen on fb.

Sorry for all the questions but im an old noob gamer :-)

1 - It'll only synch new trophies that you have earnt. Not your entire list. So anything earnt before the update but NOT synched will still show ip once you sync. If you're just synching to refresh the list then nothing will appear.

2 - You just need to activate the 2 options in the account managements Facebook tab. Nothing needs doing on FB.

3 - Just the three options in the FB are what will show up on it. Trophy updates, purchase info and game specific events (which I don't think any game has implemented into it as yet) but Sony did say this is just phase one of FB integration and to xpect more in the future.

4 - Everything will show up on your news feed and profile page as well as your friends news feed (providing they haven't hidden you)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (3,660 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Cheers spidermike.

So after getting set up iv had a little try of things. I downloaded a demo which has shown up on my facebook account. Iv just started playing fight night r4 and have just got a couple of trophies but they DONT show up on my facebook page. I have double checked that iv got the option turned on via ps3 and all is ok, just not showing trophy info in facebook. Is this something that will take time or should it come up streight away??. Is there anything i can do to sort this out.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (3,558 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Yea the Facebook sync has always been instant for me since i started using it, although, i turned putting my trophies on there off, simply because it was too much spam.

one trophy getting it's own section, five trophies getting their own section, two getting their own section, it's just too much, there must be a better way to do it. 

Perhaps when you logon to Facebook there's an app that allows you to decided which trophies get displayed. 

Message Edited by L337LUKE on 27-11-2009 03:19 PM
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (3,529 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Yh It should have been quicker

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (584 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff