PSN General

18 Apr 2008
By: xaborett Member 10 Posts
Level 1

For the people who are getting the IP-Fragments message after a PS3 network test.

[ Edited ]
14 Replies 20937 Views edited 18-04-2008

Hi people.

This is for the people who are getting the IP-Fragments message when they are doing a network test.

This is the message: 

"Your router may not support IP-fragments and communication features of some games may be restricted"

It drove me crazy so im did some testing.

In my D-Link router (DIR-100) there is an "Enable DOS prevention" option. It is in the Firewall Settings page.

I get the IP-fragments message when i enable this option.

If i do not enable the option the message does not appear after the network test.

I dit not want to keep this to myself so here it is.

Greetings,

xaborett

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Bericht bewerkt door xaborett op 18-04-2008 12:19 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (20,937 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: For the people who are getting the IP-Fragments message after a PS3 network test.

Also change MTU setting to 1500 from inside your router, thats how I got rid of the message

360 : CR1MSON PHOENIX
PSN : UltimatePhoenix
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (20,934 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: For the people who are getting the IP-Fragments message after a PS3 network test.

Hi,

I was wondering how you fix the problem on a  d-link WBR-2310 rangebooster G router.

Plz respond i'm going crazy.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (20,882 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Hey man.

What kind of connection do you have?  DSL? Cable? Do you use wireless?

This is what i am thinking. Try the network test while your PS3 is hooked up with a ethernet cable .

Then you can rule out the wireless settings in your router.

I have seen some posts on another forum. The person lowered his MTU value in his playstation to 1492 but not in his router.

It was 1500 in his router.

Maybe you could try that. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (20,863 Views)
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.  We have cable internet.

I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (20,845 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

this fragment thing happens to me, i have a d-link, ill try it, thanks.

also, i still havent had eny luck with "error 800A3D(or something) you have been signed out of the playsation network". it always happens in single player games.can anyone help? 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (20,817 Views)
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I am still having problems with my network.  It still gives me the same message each time I do

an internet connection test.  I'm going nuts without my network.  My internet works perfect on the browser option

of my PS3 but my network keeps kicking me out.

Plz help

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (20,684 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I got this after the 2.20 update so what i did is DISabled DMZ on the router and ENable upnp on the router and the ps3 and now i dont get it. Hope this helps people.

carl250481[B2K] - brought to you by TripleTags.com
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (20,662 Views)
0 Kudos

check yoUR JACK (WHERE YOU PLUG IT INTO THE WALL) AND MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS  GOOD MAKE, MAKE SURE THAT THE CORD IS DIRECTLY IN, AND ITS NOT HANGING. mINE WASENT WORKIN FOR4 DAYS, AND I TRIED IT ON.... MY OWN THINKING...AND NOW I CAN CONNECT ONLINE.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (15,263 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

I find that I only get this error (when) you use a D-Link router & manually set your MTU on your PS3.
You can completely eliminate this message (and it's only a message, it doesn't actually change your online experience) if you set the MTU on your router to 1500 and set the same value on your PS3 network connection to 1500 also.

Your router will always control the MTU, but if you set the MTU on the PS3 network settings to the same [MAX VALUE], your network test will not find any fragments.

I.E. set both to 1500.

It'll work, Honestly. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (15,215 Views)
0 Kudos