19 Feb 2012
Playstation Staff

Has anyone else received a message from "[PSN]"?

11 Replies 1,519 Views Created 19-02-2012

I received a message from "[PSN]" with the title Grand Theft AutoIV which talks about the release of Grand Theft Auto IV and provides an attachment.  When you click the attachment it takes you under your account to Grand Theft Auto IV on the Playstation Store.  I'm just curious if anyone else has got this message and if it is infact a legit message from Playstation or if it is in some way a hacking scam, as I have never before received a message from [PSN].  Any ideas anyone?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12 (1,519 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Has anyone else received a message from "[PSN]"?

Did you get this through an email or message on the console?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12 (1,512 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I got this as a Playstation Network message on my PS3.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12 (1,508 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

iRoNFoRGE wrote:

I got this as a Playstation Network message on my PS3.

I'd ignore it. I've been on the network nearly 5 years now and have never received a message from Sony through the console.

It's probably just one of those stupid spam messages that people love to send.

Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12 (1,494 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Yeah, I was just a bit concerned as there was a link that said "Bundle" and I clicked it.  It took me to the Playstation Store and at first I didn't think anything of it, but then I started to wonder why Sony would have sent me a message about Grand Theft Auto IV when they release new games all the time.  I hope nothing was put on my console... I'm not even sure if that is possible?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (1,490 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Someone just sent you a recommendation using the recommend feature on the store. No harm.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (1,466 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Awesome.  Thanks BiosNova.  I never heard of this Recommend Feature.  Can now put my mind at ease and go back to my WipeOut Fury.  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12 (1,457 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Oh yeah I'd forgot about the recommend feature.  :Lol:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (1,441 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

If you've read Sony's T&C's then you would know that Sony will never contact you through PSN or ask you for your log in details or anything else for that matter.

Understand what you are using as you signed up to PSN.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (1,434 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Guess I've got to reopen this question as it turns out I didn't receive this message as part of the Recommend Feature.  You can only receive Recommendations from people who are on your Friend List and the user [PSN] is not on my list.  As for your comment ytevo79, I'm not really sure if you are referring to me or the other posters above me.  I know the T&Cs, which is why I posted this question in the first place.  I was thinking that perhaps this is a hacking attempt.  Contacting Sony hasn't seemed to have prompted any type of answer.  Don't assume I don't understand what I have signed up for.  Perhaps you read the post wrong.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (1,339 Views)
0 Kudos