PSN General

15 Dec 2008
By: HEARTBREAK-1 Member 23 Posts
Level 1

Help, DNS Error 80710104

8 Replies 54734 Views Created 15-12-2008

Hey,

I got DNS Error 80710104, when i tryed to connect to my wireless router... what does the error mean?

Thanks,

HEARTBREAK-1

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (54,734 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Help, DNS Error 80710104

[ Edited ]

Here may help

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&thread.id=22245

It's DNS error which means your router is having a hard time sorting IP address' for devices usually a cold boot to the PS3 and Router solves it wait 20 secs before turning router back on once its dialled out boot up the PS3 and then try it. But if not do this what it says in the link

1) Leave your PS3 settings on automatic/easy (probably what you already had it set as before).

2)  Locate the IP address of your router.  For example’s sake, mine is a D-Link DI-604 with IP 192.168.0.1

3)  Open a web browser (Firefox or Internet Explorer for example) on a computer connected to your router (The PS3’s browser might also work but I didn’t try that).

4)  In the address bar, type in the IP address of you router.

5)  If it asks for a username and password, enter whatever you set it as.  If you never set one, check the manual with your router and it will probably give the default username and password.  If you can’t find one, try username “admin” with no password.

6)  Once you get in, look for the setting to enter "DNS Primary and Secondary.(In mine, it was under “WAN.”)  Once you find it, enter the values above for DNS (208.67.222.222 primary and 208.67.220.220 secondary). - Mine had 0.0.0.0 for both primary and secondary before I did this which makes me further believe that this was the problem. - Make sure to apply the changes.

7)  Check the connection on your PS3 and hope that it is working.

By the way what router are you using that also helps to provide that info and does it have the latest Firmware update to it usually they say never to update if it works fine but I find updating such things fixes other faults you may come up with later on I do update my NetGear DG834GT router when a new 1 comes out.

Message Edited by Nakatomi_Uk on 15-12-2008 01:08 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (54,705 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

[ Edited ]

i had bad conection issues with my BT home hub router i replaced it with a netgear and set ps3 to DMZ all is well

i put up with bull for 2 years and it was the ***** router i mean i nearly left the PS3 becaiuse of online gaming disconections or not even conecting to some games online!!!!

i would recomend the netgear DG834GT

IF YOU HAVE A BT HOME HUB ROUTER GET RID OF IT SERIOUSLY I HAD BRAIN ACHE FOR 2 YEARS BECAUSE OF THAT ROUTER

I EVEN RANG BT 50 TIMES OVER 2 YEARS AND THEY SAID IT WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM OR THE ROUTER BUT MY MATE CAME CHANGED MY ROUTER FOR THE NETGEAR DG834GT AND ITS WORKED EVER SINCE ALL THE GAMES I GOULD NOT GET ON ONLINE I CAN NOW PLAY.... NO MORE LOOSING CONECTION IN GAMES OF FIFA ITS LIKE A BREATH OF FRESH AIR LOL

Message Edited by kingjed on 16-12-2008 11:25 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (54,656 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

kingjed wrote:

i had bad conection issues with my BT home hub router i replaced it with a netgear and set ps3 to DMZ all is well

i put up with bull for 2 years and it was the ***** router i mean i nearly left the PS3 becaiuse of online gaming disconections or not even conecting to some games online!!!!

i would recomend the netgear DG834GT

IF YOU HAVE A BT HOME HUB ROUTER GET RID OF IT SERIOUSLY I HAD BRAIN ACHE FOR 2 YEARS BECAUSE OF THAT ROUTER

I EVEN RANG BT 50 TIMES OVER 2 YEARS AND THEY SAID IT WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM OR THE ROUTER BUT MY MATE CAME CHANGED MY ROUTER FOR THE NETGEAR DG834GT AND ITS WORKED EVER SINCE ALL THE GAMES I GOULD NOT GET ON ONLINE I CAN NOW PLAY.... NO MORE LOOSING CONECTION IN GAMES OF FIFA ITS LIKE A BREATH OF FRESH AIR LOL

Message Edited by kingjed on 16-12-2008 11:25 AM

I think I know what the problem is/was with that BT Hub thing if I remember rightly the hub has a chip from thompson inside it and it will not connect to the PS3's wi-fi internal card for long and kept killing the connection I think the new hubs have been fitted with a new chip to support PS3 I can't clarify that but I know it was something to do with Thompson old wi-fi chip in the old ones unless there still giving them out to customers BT.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (54,623 Views)
0 Kudos

how do i find the ip address of my router

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (51,536 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

padwa3 wrote:

how do i find the ip address of my router

tell us what make a model it is :Thumbs:

but usually they are at one of the following:

10.0.0.1 (sometimes)

:smileyhappy:

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (51,519 Views)
0 Kudos

I tried downloading the Little Big Planet 2 Demo, but when it started downloading, it said " An error occurred while downloading(80710104) 

Please Help!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (45,684 Views)
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have been experiencing the DCS error more often in recent weeks. Nothing in my network (router, computer, broadband modem) has changed. Since yesterday, no matter what I do, my PS3 is not able to connect with the "network server". I have done the usually power downs, resets (both through Belkin dashboard online) and reset button on routers. I have two routers. Both Belkin. The second is only to give me more ports for my ethernet in the house. There are two other computers and my son's PS3 that have no problem getting online. My PS3 (we have two) is the only machine in the house that can't connect. I can't tell you how frustrating this is. All the things I have done and mentioned in this thread have not worked for me.

I don't look forward to the prospect of buying a new router and not resolving my issue. I have complete connectivity to the internet on all computers in the house, so I really don't think it's the router.

The router is a Belkin F5D7230-4 (54g)

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (43,063 Views)
0 Kudos

I have noticed that the PS3 always chooses the same IP address as my main computer. When I manually change the IP on the PS3 to an IP address I know to be "free", it still will not connect.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (43,045 Views)
0 Kudos