PSN General

12 Apr 2010
By: BigBoss-X

4 Posts

How can I recover my PSN ID from a PS3 I no longer own

9 Replies 12209 Views Created 12-04-2010

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is any way I can recover my old PSN ID (the one I'm logged into now :smileyfrustrated: ) I had a PS3 about a year ago but sold it, now I have bought another and am having much trouble trying to get this account back.

I never gave my PSN email/password to the person I sold the PS3 to so I don't see how he could still use it or why he would even want to. The problem is whenever I try to log into PSN on my current PS3, using my old accounts email and password I get an error message stating something along the lines of "Cannot log into someone else's PSN account (email address)", but this IS my account with my personal information, my email address and my password.

I am 100% sure I'm using the correct email and password, and have even changed the password to make sure. Besides I'm logged into this forum so the details must be correct.

I would be very grateful if someone could provide a little assistance on this. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/responses.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (12,209 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Re: How can I recover my PSN ID from a PS3 I no longer own

Phone sony support.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (12,189 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Looks to me like you sold it without deleting all your details on it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (12,175 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Create a new user on your PS3, then try to log in.
I HATE ppl hu tlk like this bruv.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (12,155 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

you ll need to cotact sony and ask if they de activate your account on the old ps3
and once they do that then you can re activate it to your new ps3

if you replace your ps3 at any time it is a good thing to deactivate the account as if you dont an you have more than 3 ps3 s then any kind of dlc s you have bought will be invalid

so bottom line is you need to contact sony
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (12,139 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

BigBoss-X wrote:

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is any way I can recover my old PSN ID (the one I'm logged into now :smileyfrustrated: ) I had a PS3 about a year ago but sold it, now I have bought another and am having much trouble trying to get this account back.

I never gave my PSN email/password to the person I sold the PS3 to so I don't see how he could still use it or why he would even want to. The problem is whenever I try to log into PSN on my current PS3, using my old accounts email and password I get an error message stating something along the lines of "Cannot log into someone else's PSN account (email address)", but this IS my account with my personal information, my email address and my password.

I am 100% sure I'm using the correct email and password, and have even changed the password to make sure. Besides I'm logged into this forum so the details must be correct.

I would be very grateful if someone could provide a little assistance on this. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/responses.

this is from memory, so might be a little bit off, but are you trying to use the 'create new account' option, or the 'retrieve account' one?

It isn't blindingly obvious, and choosing the wrong one can lead to this sort of issue (I think)

sorry that's all a bit ambiguous - don't have access to PSN at the moment to double check.

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (12,119 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Wrathchild68 wrote:

Looks to me like you sold it without deleting all your details on it.

this^^ before you sell your ps3 ALWAYS format the console first to erase your personal details from the ps3.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (12,114 Views)
0 Kudos

Make a new account on the ps3 then go to were you usually sign in to the playstation network and it will say create a new account. press x then it will give the choice to use an existing account!! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (9,492 Views)

well, heres a trick that my friends would use for the same problem, just create a new user and instead creating a new account just put "use an existing user" and your problem should be solved. hope this helped you

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (2,691 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

You're two years too late. Seriously, check the last post date before posting next time. Necro-posting is frowned upon.

My PSN Profile

All blank friend requests will be refused.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (2,684 Views)
0 Kudos