01 Sep 2008
Playstation Staff

How to open up ports on a Belkin Router I need help

7 Replies 14,492 Views Created 01-09-2008
I have to open up these ports but i dont know how to do it on a belkin router:

"UDP:

TCP:

If you use a router with a unique IP address and you want to create rooms and games (so you can host a server), you must route these ports to your Playstation 3 system.

Kind regards
Ubisoft technical support"

Im confused on how to open up ports on a belkin router what do I do.
!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (14,492 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: How to open up ports on a Belkin Router I need help

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (14,481 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

why not put your PS3 into DMZ?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (14,461 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

try this site,you should be able to find any info you need,
http://portforward.com/default.htm
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (14,440 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

aaronsimo wrote:
why not put your PS3 into DMZ?
How do I put it into a DMZ ?
!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (14,406 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

It's actually easier than you would imagine. Try the following -

1. On your PS3 got to Network Settings and check what the ip address of your console is (it should be 192.168.2. something. Make a note of that last number).

2. Go to your computer, open your web browser and type 192.168.2.1 into the address bar. This should take you to the router set up page.

3. On the left hand side about half way down under the heading 'Firewall' you'll see 'Virtual Servers'. Click on it.

4. On this page simply enter the port information. Tick the Enable box; Description - just type PS3; Inbound port - type the port numbers listed and select UDP or TCP. The private IP address is ip address of your console you made a note of earlier. Private port - same as Inbound.

5. The click on Apply Change, the router will reboot and you're done.

You could put your PS3 in the DMZ (look further down from Virtual Servers for the link) but i've found this not to be as reliable as port forwarding as above.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (14,400 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Kubr1ck wrote:

It's actually easier than you would imagine. Try the following -

1. On your PS3 got to Network Settings and check what the ip address of your console is (it should be 192.168.2. something. Make a note of that last number).

2. Go to your computer, open your web browser and type 192.168.2.1 into the address bar. This should take you to the router set up page.

3. On the left hand side about half way down under the heading 'Firewall' you'll see 'Virtual Servers'. Click on it.

4. On this page simply enter the port information. Tick the Enable box; Description - just type PS3; Inbound port - type the port numbers listed and select UDP or TCP. The private IP address is ip address of your console you made a note of earlier. Private port - same as Inbound.

5. The click on Apply Change, the router will reboot and you're done.

You could put your PS3 in the DMZ (look further down from Virtual Servers for the link) but i've found this not to be as reliable as port forwarding as above.

Thank you very much :smileyvery-happy:
!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (14,367 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

you have to go to your internet browser and in the web address bar you must type in for belkin routers only 192.168.2.1 then enter ..this will open up your internal routers settings log in by selecting default do not type anything in password box .. then under fire wall on the left hand side select virtual servers and a screen with many empty boxes will appear in description u will type in playstation.then in inbound port u will type in one of those numbers in the tcp or ucp u will select the according one to the numbers. then in private ip address type in 1 which is your routers designation.then in private port type in the same number sa in inbound port ..do all the numbers the same way this will open up the ports ps3 needs for gaming..HOPE I WAS HELPFUL U WAS TO ME I HAD LOST THE NUMBERS AND FOUND THEM THANX TO U>>>ENJOY..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (8,041 Views)
0 Kudos