08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Important Notice: Upcoming changes to your PSN account

[ Edited ]
16 Replies 964 Views edited 04-02-2012

Important Notice regarding upcoming changes to your PlayStation®Network account:

On February 8, 2012, your “PlayStation®Network account” will be renamed a “Sony Entertainment Network account” or a “SEN account”in conjunction with Sony Computer Entertainment’s PlayStation®3 system software and PlayStation®Vita system software updates.  (Note, this change will not be applied to the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system at this time.)

For general purposes, this account change is a change in name only. Your username or password will not change, nor are we asking you to change them.  In accordance with this transition, some necessary naming changes will be made to the TOS and Privacy Policy.

This transition is based on Sony’s goal to enhance its unique digital entertainment offering.  As a series of these activities Sony started last September, PlayStation®Network will be aligned with “Sony Entertainment Network.”  This helps us get closer to our goal of establishing a global comprehensive network platform of services across games, movies, music and more, all accessible from one convenient account.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and support during this transition.

Sincerely,

The Sony Entertainment Network Team

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Muttykins

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Muttykins
Accepted Solution

I wonder if this will mean we will get the same content as the US at the same time ?

You can't establish a global network if your set region content.

Re: Important Notice: Upcoming changes to your PSN account

/16

ABTR

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ABTR
Accepted Solution

This is a big chance... SEN....:smileysurprised: OK  but I like the blue symbol from psn this chance too?

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

ABTR wrote:

This is a big chance... SEN....:smileysurprised: OK  but I like the blue symbol from psn this chance too?

PlayStation®Network is not being rebranded, so the logo with the blue symbol will stay the same.

What is going to change is your account. PSN accounts give you access to services provided by PlayStation®Network. SEN accounts give you access to services provided by Sony Entertainment Network (Music Unlimited, Video Unlimited, etc). Currently your PSN and SEN accounts are linked together. From February 8 they will be merged so that your SEN and PSN accounts are one and the same, and PlayStation®Network will be another service provided under the Sony Entertainment Network flag.

Your new SEN account will give you access to everything your PSN accound did, plus more.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

SickMick_UK

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SickMick_UK
Accepted Solution

Could we see the SEN logo replace the PSN logo on XMB?

People on NeoGAF reckon SEN could replace PSN completely (like  Nintendo have merged Wii U & 3DS online together and called it Nintendo network.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

BAZ1307

• Beta Tester
90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BAZ1307
Accepted Solution

SickMick_UK wrote:

People on NeoGAF reckon SEN could replace PSN completely (like  Nintendo have merged Wii U & 3DS online together and called it Nintendo network.

The SEN logo is not going to replace the PSN logo on the XMB. As GoodBytes said, it's only the account side of things that is going to change. PlayStation Network will be a part of SEN, the only thing that will change is that your PlayStation Network account will become a Sony Entertainment Network account.

It's hard to explain, but hopefully you get the idea. :)

0 Kudos

/16

SickMick_UK

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SickMick_UK
Accepted Solution

BAZ1307 wrote:

SickMick_UK wrote:

The SEN logo is not going to replace the PSN logo on the XMB. As GoodBytes said, it's only the account side of things that is going to change. PlayStation Network will be a part of SEN, the only thing that will change is that your PlayStation Network account will become a Sony Entertainment Network account.

It's hard to explain, but hopefully you get the idea. :)

This is a good move I hate having mutiple accounts for one company.

It also sounds like a new PS3 firmware will release at the same time. gussing that it will update the PS3 account Sign-Up with SEN branding as new users will be signing up to a SEN account from now on.  

your PlayStation®Network account will be renamed to a “Sony Entertainment Network” account or a “SEN account” in conjunction with Sony Computer Entertainment’s PlayStation®3 system software and PlayStation®Vita system software updates

Correct me if I am wrong

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

babaoriley3

96%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
babaoriley3
Accepted Solution
I think the fact that the change isn't currently being applied on the PSP pretty much signals the end for support for that system :(
0 Kudos

/16

SickMick_UK

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SickMick_UK
Accepted Solution

looking at link below it sounds like the PSN name will be no more? (not confirmed tho)

http://www.analoghype.com/video-games/playstation-3-news/rip-psn-get-ready-to-embrace-the-sen/

I hope the new firmware coming will fix the English (UK) language file.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

An official email has been sent out to PlayStation®Network account holders today, SCEE message shown below:

PlayStation®Network accounts will soon be renamed Sony Entertainment Network accounts.

Dear <PSNID>,

On February 8, 2012, “PlayStation®Network accounts” will be renamed “Sony Entertainment Network accounts” or “SEN accounts”. This change will take effect at the same time as upcoming PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®Vita* system software updates. After you update the system software on your PS3™ or PS Vita , you will notice that “PlayStation®Network accounts” have been renamed “Sony Entertainment Network accounts”. This change will not affect the naming of “PlayStation®Network accounts” when viewed on a PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system. *PlayStation®Vita will launch from 22nd February, 2012.

This account change is a change in name only. You do not have to do anything and your username and password will not change.

This transition is based on Sony’s goal to enhance its unique digital entertainment offering. As a series of these activities Sony started last September, PlayStation®Network will be aligned with “Sony Entertainment Network”. This helps us get closer to our goal of establishing a global comprehensive network platform of services across games, movies, music and more, all accessible from one convenient account.

Your Sony Entertainment Network account also enables use of Sony’s non-game services such as Music Unlimited, Video Store of PlayStation®Store and PlayMemories Online (previously called Personal Space) across a variety of network-connected devices.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and support during this transition

For FAQs and more detail on this change please visit http://eu.playstation.com/support or http://en.support.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

Sincerely,

The Sony Entertainment Network Team

Message sent by: PlayStation@eu.playstationmail.net

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

Here's some more details regarding the changes:

(Note: SNEI refers to Sony Network Entertainment International)

The first time you sign in to your Sony Entertainment Network account on or after February 8, 2012, you will be asked to agree to the new Terms of Service and User Agreement and Privacy Policy with SNEI if you wish to continue using your Sony Entertainment Network account. Please review all changes to the Terms of Service and User Agreement and Privacy Policy carefully before indicating your agreement.

In particular, these are some of the additions and changes we have to these agreements:

• New terms for parents of minor, subaccount holders regarding the limitations of chat parental controls. Your reacceptance of the Terms of Service and User Agreement and Privacy Policy affirms your consent to the sharing of your child’s data that may occur if your child utilizes certain communication functionalities on PlayStation devices such as PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita systems.
    • New terms that explain the location-based services offered through the PlayStation Vita system. For parents of minor, subaccount holders your reacceptance of the Terms of Service and User Agreement and Privacy Policy affirms your consent to your subaccount holder’s user of these services on the PlayStation Vita system.
    • A description of our “What’s New” section, which provides topical information about our services and advertisements.
    • Information about pre-ordering content.
    • The name of your "PlayStation Network account" is changing to a "Sony Entertainment Network account."

You may click here to review the changes to the Terms of Service and User Agreement and you may click here to review the changes to the Privacy Policy.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

cod4_blink182

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cod4_blink182
Accepted Solution

Coo,thanks for sharing,whenever i mention PSN now i will call it SEN ,to look extra smart:Winner:

0 Kudos

/16

Teesside-1979

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Teesside-1979
Accepted Solution
Sounds awesome
0 Kudos

/16

RockWorshiper

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RockWorshiper
Accepted Solution

But will we be able to download software we paid for???

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
its only changing the name nothing more nothing less
0 Kudos

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
/16

ScaryHair71

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ScaryHair71
Accepted Solution

Why not try NOT messing with name changes and fix error coad's that are popping up everywhere like 80023102.

Also could you please explain why I have got an incorrect password on my account when I was already logged in with the same password that it failed to recognise. Have changed it now but I can not get my breath  :Stupid:

0 Kudos

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 4 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore. NOT BUYING THE VITA.
/16

Jason_Hall

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jason_Hall
Accepted Solution
Why was I expecting the logo to change?
0 Kudos