PSN General

04 Mar 2012
By: empyrean_

3 Posts

Keep getting Disconnected from PSN during games

[ Edited ]
12 Replies 2621 Views edited 04-03-2012

I've had the same settings on router and PS3 for months and months. Like 6 months. I'm using a wired connection as well. 

All of a sudden last night I got kicked during a fifa 12 game in the middle of it. It's happened 4 or 5 times since.

I used text chat and I notice that lags a bit and sometimes I get kicked from that for no reason just before I disconnect.

my PS3 is on dmz mode (has been for months) 

My ISP is BT

Help!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (2,621 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Re: Keep getting Disconnected from PSN during games

hey dude more than likely its bt,i`m with them & tbh their service is appalling when it comes to dropouts,i`ve had engineers out,new hubs,cables,filters & its still happening,my advice is to call them up & complain

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (2,615 Views)
0 Kudos

Hey, thing is I'm instantly able to re-connect to PSN. It's weird as nothing has changed at all

If it's BT that's annoying. I'll have to change, still I'll wait for some more opinions first.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (2,610 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Same thing kept happening to me this morning (I'm with BT) but this afternoon has been fine. Was annoying, the actual Internet worked fine the whole time though!?
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (2,599 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I'm with BT too. I've never had this happen in 3 years, then I got a new PS3 slim in early Feb and all was fine as well. I've only really had this problem since the new update. Yesterday and today have been particularly bad, sometimes it won't sign in at all, sometimes it will sign in, and when I go to play online I'll lose ocnnection and then can't sign in it all (DNS error 80710102). Does anyone know if this is a BT customer problem or a PS3 problem?

I saw in the PS3 technical solutions thread that someone had the same problem and it was then closed as it said it was solved, even though the guy posted to say it hadn't actually been solved and the thread shouldn't have been closed.The 'solution' spoke about rebooting the router and disabling media server access both of which were done but the problem remins. I have 2 laptops which access the internet wirelessly through the router and they are fine, it's just the PS3 that is intermittent at best and will not work most of the time. Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (2,506 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Has no one got any advice?

Still having the same problems. Keep getting logged out of PSN during gameplay, my machine also crashes at least twice daily now either when loading games or playing games.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (2,473 Views)
0 Kudos

Yeah when i play i sign in go to play world at war i get a game then sometimes just as the game starts the screen will go black. Other times ill play for a minute and i even check my connection and it has four bars. Then it quits me out. Anyone no why
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (1,864 Views)
0 Kudos

Im with Rogers and my internet has never dropped then i updated the ps3.....4 days ago.  Start playing Tigerwoods and BAMMMMMM I get booted from PSN then I try again , then it happens again every 30 to 40 minutes.  Called PSN and they told me to do default settings then I tried again, got through 2 games and it happen again.  I told the guy there that something is wrong with the update, he said no sir I don't think so.  ***** i know that is the issue because I have an older version of ps3 and slim, old one i didnt update for a day and pl;ayed on that one.  Once i did the update, wham bam I get booted again.

PLAYSTATION check you software, there is a bug and you guys will take months to fix it.  i didnt spend money to get booted and feel like throwing my FFF slim through my 60 inch.  We pay money, make things happen or your going to lose your ps3 customers to XBOX.

http://www.hdsmokecig.com

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (1,503 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Azeoeko wrote:

Im with Rogers and my internet has never dropped then i updated the ps3.....4 days ago.  Start playing Tigerwoods and BAMMMMMM I get booted from PSN then I try again , then it happens again every 30 to 40 minutes.  Called PSN and they told me to do default settings then I tried again, got through 2 games and it happen again.  I told the guy there that something is wrong with the update, he said no sir I don't think so.  ***** i know that is the issue because I have an older version of ps3 and slim, old one i didnt update for a day and pl;ayed on that one.  Once i did the update, wham bam I get booted again.

PLAYSTATION check you software, there is a bug and you guys will take months to fix it.  i didnt spend money to get booted and feel like throwing my FFF slim through my 60 inch.  We pay money, make things happen or your going to lose your ps3 customers to XBOX.

http://www.hdsmokecig.com

Or it could be your connection.

There could even be another answer it could be that Ea servers have a problem.

Rather than look at all possibilities why do people automatically assume it's a problem with psn ?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (1,487 Views)
Level 3

[ Edited ]

The last poster was correct that you should check your line quality. Mine kept dropping out yesterday and I discovered that - after I moved my sofa - I must have loosened a wire as the phone line was a bit crackly.
See if your line has any noise on it, and if it has, check every plug on the phone line to see if one has dislodged.

A simple test, but one that we sometimes forget.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (1,478 Views)
0 Kudos