Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 25

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

04 Mar 2012
By empyrean_

empyrean_

  • Offline
26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Keep getting Disconnected from PSN during games

[ Edited ]
12 Replies 3,006 Views edited 04-03-2012

I've had the same settings on router and PS3 for months and months. Like 6 months. I'm using a wired connection as well. 

 

All of a sudden last night I got kicked during a fifa 12 game in the middle of it. It's happened 4 or 5 times since.

 

I used text chat and I notice that lags a bit and sometimes I get kicked from that for no reason just before I disconnect.

 

my PS3 is on dmz mode (has been for months) 

 

My ISP is BT

 

Help!

Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
04
/16

opiumgod

  • Offline
93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
opiumgod
Accepted Solution

hey dude more than likely its bt,i`m with them & tbh their service is appalling when it comes to dropouts,i`ve had engineers out,new hubs,cables,filters & its still happening,my advice is to call them up & complain

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Keep getting Disconnected from PSN during games

02
/16

empyrean_

  • Offline
26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
empyrean_
Accepted Solution

Hey, thing is I'm instantly able to re-connect to PSN. It's weird as nothing has changed at all

 

If it's BT that's annoying. I'll have to change, still I'll wait for some more opinions first.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Keep getting Disconnected from PSN during games

Beta Tester
16
/16

el-ve

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
el-ve
Accepted Solution
Same thing kept happening to me this morning (I'm with BT) but this afternoon has been fine. Was annoying, the actual Internet worked fine the whole time though!?
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Keep getting Disconnected from PSN during games

02
/16

jk-27

  • Offline
47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jk-27
Accepted Solution

I'm with BT too. I've never had this happen in 3 years, then I got a new PS3 slim in early Feb and all was fine as well. I've only really had this problem since the new update. Yesterday and today have been particularly bad, sometimes it won't sign in at all, sometimes it will sign in, and when I go to play online I'll lose ocnnection and then can't sign in it all (DNS error 80710102). Does anyone know if this is a BT customer problem or a PS3 problem?

 

I saw in the PS3 technical solutions thread that someone had the same problem and it was then closed as it said it was solved, even though the guy posted to say it hadn't actually been solved and the thread shouldn't have been closed.The 'solution' spoke about rebooting the router and disabling media server access both of which were done but the problem remins. I have 2 laptops which access the internet wirelessly through the router and they are fine, it's just the PS3 that is intermittent at best and will not work most of the time. Can anyone help?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Keep getting Disconnected from PSN during games

02
/16

jk-27

  • Offline
47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jk-27
Accepted Solution

Has no one got any advice?

 

Still having the same problems. Keep getting logged out of PSN during gameplay, my machine also crashes at least twice daily now either when loading games or playing games.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Keep getting Disconnected from PSN during games

02
/16

boofy11

  • Offline
22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
boofy11
Accepted Solution
Yeah when i play i sign in go to play world at war i get a game then sometimes just as the game starts the screen will go black. Other times ill play for a minute and i even check my connection and it has four bars. Then it quits me out. Anyone no why
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Keep getting Disconnected from PSN during games

02
/16

Azeoeko

  • Offline
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Azeoeko
Accepted Solution

Im with Rogers and my internet has never dropped then i updated the ps3.....4 days ago.  Start playing Tigerwoods and BAMMMMMM I get booted from PSN then I try again , then it happens again every 30 to 40 minutes.  Called PSN and they told me to do default settings then I tried again, got through 2 games and it happen again.  I told the guy there that something is wrong with the update, he said no sir I don't think so.  ***** i know that is the issue because I have an older version of ps3 and slim, old one i didnt update for a day and pl;ayed on that one.  Once i did the update, wham bam I get booted again.

 

 

PLAYSTATION check you software, there is a bug and you guys will take months to fix it.  i didnt spend money to get booted and feel like throwing my FFF slim through my 60 inch.  We pay money, make things happen or your going to lose your ps3 customers to XBOX.

 

http://www.hdsmokecig.com

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Keep getting Disconnected from PSN during games

04
/16

Muttykins

  • Offline
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Muttykins
Accepted Solution

Azeoeko wrote:

Im with Rogers and my internet has never dropped then i updated the ps3.....4 days ago.  Start playing Tigerwoods and BAMMMMMM I get booted from PSN then I try again , then it happens again every 30 to 40 minutes.  Called PSN and they told me to do default settings then I tried again, got through 2 games and it happen again.  I told the guy there that something is wrong with the update, he said no sir I don't think so.  ***** i know that is the issue because I have an older version of ps3 and slim, old one i didnt update for a day and pl;ayed on that one.  Once i did the update, wham bam I get booted again.

 

 

PLAYSTATION check you software, there is a bug and you guys will take months to fix it.  i didnt spend money to get booted and feel like throwing my FFF slim through my 60 inch.  We pay money, make things happen or your going to lose your ps3 customers to XBOX.

 

http://www.hdsmokecig.com


 

Or it could be your connection.

There could even be another answer it could be that Ea servers have a problem.

Rather than look at all possibilities why do people automatically assume it's a problem with psn ?

 

Re: Keep getting Disconnected from PSN during games

Beta Tester
05
/16

Nakatsu_Hime

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nakatsu_Hime
Accepted Solution

The last poster was correct that you should check your line quality. Mine kept dropping out yesterday and I discovered that - after I moved my sofa - I must have loosened a wire as the phone line was a bit crackly.
See if your line has any noise on it, and if it has, check every plug on the phone line to see if one has dislodged.

 

A simple test, but one that we sometimes forget.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Keep getting Disconnected from PSN during games

[ Edited ]
02
/16

DarthKoth

  • Offline
50%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DarthKoth
Accepted Solution

Muttykins wrote:

Azeoeko wrote:

Im with Rogers and my internet has never dropped then i updated the ps3.....4 days ago.  Start playing Tigerwoods and BAMMMMMM I get booted from PSN then I try again , then it happens again every 30 to 40 minutes.  Called PSN and they told me to do default settings then I tried again, got through 2 games and it happen again.  I told the guy there that something is wrong with the update, he said no sir I don't think so.  ***** i know that is the issue because I have an older version of ps3 and slim, old one i didnt update for a day and pl;ayed on that one.  Once i did the update, wham bam I get booted again.

 

 

PLAYSTATION check you software, there is a bug and you guys will take months to fix it.  i didnt spend money to get booted and feel like throwing my FFF slim through my 60 inch.  We pay money, make things happen or your going to lose your ps3 customers to XBOX.

 

http://www.hdsmokecig.com


 

Or it could be your connection.

There could even be another answer it could be that Ea servers have a problem.

Rather than look at all possibilities why do people automatically assume it's a problem with psn ?

 


I'm assuming it PSN because I get the same error code on the XMB, not in-game, and my computers and iphone are all working fine, infact I can use the browser on ps3, looking at the evidence it can't be BT or my equpiment,or EA,  everything but PSN is working also my friend on sky internet has the same error. I don't normally run to this conclusion but its a little coincidental that this happens after a FW update

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Keep getting Disconnected from PSN during games

MVP
12
/16

mont348

  • MVP
  • Offline
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution

DarthKoth wrote:

Muttykins wrote:

Azeoeko wrote:

Im with Rogers and my internet has never dropped then i updated the ps3.....4 days ago.  Start playing Tigerwoods and BAMMMMMM I get booted from PSN then I try again , then it happens again every 30 to 40 minutes.  Called PSN and they told me to do default settings then I tried again, got through 2 games and it happen again.  I told the guy there that something is wrong with the update, he said no sir I don't think so.  ***** i know that is the issue because I have an older version of ps3 and slim, old one i didnt update for a day and pl;ayed on that one.  Once i did the update, wham bam I get booted again.

 

 

PLAYSTATION check you software, there is a bug and you guys will take months to fix it.  i didnt spend money to get booted and feel like throwing my FFF slim through my 60 inch.  We pay money, make things happen or your going to lose your ps3 customers to XBOX.

 

http://www.hdsmokecig.com


 

Or it could be your connection.

There could even be another answer it could be that Ea servers have a problem.

Rather than look at all possibilities why do people automatically assume it's a problem with psn ?

 


I'm assuming it PSN because I get the same error code on the XMB, not in-game, and my computers and iphone are all working fine, infact I can use the browser on ps3, looking at the evidence it can't be BT or my equpiment,or EA,  everything but PSN is working also my friend on sky internet has the same error. I don't normally run to this conclusion but its a little coincidental that this happens after a FW update



It's most likely it's your routers firewall that's giving you problems. 

 

A few ways round this is open ports for PSN and the games you play. EA games are known for issues if your networks not opening ports. With most EA games network ports are listed in the game manual under "Playing through a firewall or router". 

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Technical/Port-Numbers-which-do-I-need-to...

 

http://portforward.com/

 

Another option is putting your PS3 in your routers DMZ easiest option in my opinion. 

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-General/How-to-put-your-PS3-into-a-DMZ/td...

 

Last option is to simply disable your routers firewall. Do this as a last resort if above doesn't work and your computers have adequate anti-virus software installed. 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Keep getting Disconnected from PSN during games

02
/16

DarthKoth

  • Offline
50%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DarthKoth
Accepted Solution

I'm not even trying to play any games. So I have called both sony and BT, they both say there is no problem at their end. I have changed absoloutely nothing these past couple of hours, just tried to sign in and it's worked no problem, I've even truned it off and back on again a few times and it keeps signing in, tho when I try to accsess the store it tells me I'm not conected and boots me back to the XMB where its apparent I am conected, its been a PSN problem all along if you ask me but who knows

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Keep getting Disconnected from PSN during games

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel