23 Mar 2007

Playstation Staff

My ethernet cable doesnt fit the modem. what do i do?

7 Replies 958 Views Created 23-03-2007
i opened my ps3 today looking forward to playing people online only to find that the ethernet cable doesnt fit the modem because its to big. can anybody please tell me what to do to get connected?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (958 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: My ethernet cable doesnt fit the modem. what do i do?

Erm thats probably a phone line your trying to get it into, look around the back of your PC for a ethernet socket. Plug it in and enable ICS (I think). This means you wont be able to go on the internet on the PC whilst playing the PS3 or vise versa...

Buying a router will resolve this./
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (958 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have the same problem. Its not anything to do with a phoneline such and such cause i have a router with an ethernet cable. Its the actual ethernet cable that won't fit into the Lan port back of the PS3. What type of ethernet cable do you get free with the ps3 cause i would use that, but its not long enough to go to my router?

Or should i say which type of ethernet cable would fit in the back of the PS3 Lan port?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (958 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have the same problem. Its not anything to do with a phoneline such and such cause i have a router with an ethernet cable. Its the actual ethernet cable that won't fit into the Lan port back of the PS3. What type of ethernet cable do you get free with the ps3 cause i would use that, but its not long enough to go to my router?

Or should i say which type of ethernet cable would fit in the back of the PS3 Lan port?

how long is the ethernet ps3 cable exactly please i need to knmow, thx m8
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (958 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

The ethernet cable is a standard RJ45 cable. You can pick one up from most computer stores (PC World, Dixons, Currys, etc) :smileyhappy:

...Bubba...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (958 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

But it should just fit into the machine so I dunno why its too big.

Well confused now!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (958 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

all ethernet sockets are of a standard size, meaning you are either trying to fit the wrong wire into an ethernet port, or you are trying to fit the correct wire into a wrong port
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (958 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I hocked my mates PS3 up to the wireless.... internet browser and network update wouldn't work... Dam thing
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (958 Views)
0 Kudos