30 Jul 2012

Playstation Staff

My ps3 goes from quiet to loud and back to quiet. Is this normal

2 Replies 121 Views Created 30-07-2012
i got tired of my xbox and wanted to get a ps3 but didnt have the money. so i posted an ad on craigslist and said i wanted to trade my 360 for a ps3. and a guy met me near my house and gave me a 250gb ps3 slim for my 360. he told me it was roughly a year old. The ps3 looks nice and isnt in bad condition. im new to the whole ps3 thing and i have had the system for about 4 days. Now my point for posting is that the system will start off sooooooo quiet but slowly gets louder after about 20 minutes of playing. but then it stays pretty loud for about 6 minutes and then goes back to quiet and will go loud again. is this normal? and also it has frozen on me twice while online on socom confrontation once and black ops once. is any of this normal. sorry for making it so long haha. but please help!!!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (121 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: My ps3 goes from quiet to loud and back to quiet. Is this normal

Nice double post
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (109 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: My ps3 goes from quiet to loud and back to quiet. Is this normal

Try running the hoover round the airvents, you'll be surprised how much builds up in there.

The wife did the same thing a while back, once I gave it the once over it's been as quiet as a mouse since.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (100 Views)
0 Kudos